New to Zealot Hockey

A place for people to introduce themselves or talk about other players.
Particle
Battle.net Name: Particle
Battle.net Char Code: 1557
Battle.net Server: NA

New to Zealot Hockey

Post by Particle » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Hello everyone!

My first name is Nik and my handle is Particle. I am a big hockey fan who cheers for the phoenix coyotes simply because I live in Arizona. However, I am not stricken by a hometown bias and i enjoy watching many of the top teams when given a chance.

Today 3/5/2015 I found Zealot Hockey thanks to matchmaking being down for twenty or so minutes. I would like to be a part of the community you have here and participate in league play! I am so stoked that this game/website/community/league exists, thank you to the creator Leeroy and hello to everyone again.

p.s I am scanning the rules and what not, if there is anything extra I can do to speed up my chances of playing in your league please let me know :D
DerrocK
Battle.net Name: Junky
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: New to Zealot Hockey

Post by DerrocK » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:37 am

Welcome Particle! I dont know how many games u have played but I can tell you that although it looks like a simple game at first, it becomes much more complicated with the mastery of all 3 skills and a very strong use of the metagame up to a point where sometimed not using meta is the meta, if that makes any sense :P
Gl&Hf
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EUS2 Regular Season W, Commish, AllStar
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
DaGOAT ZHCL Rings: 2
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster
Immortals on ice Rings: 3
EUS8 W

Narcissism at its best
Particle
Battle.net Name: Particle
Battle.net Char Code: 1557

Post by Particle » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:46 am

Thanks Derrock! I have played zero games! I was on earlier in the day messing around with my brother and friend, and that is so far my ZH experience. I am nub but I am not a cry baby and I relish games that have steep learning curves but also reward the effort put forth :) I just want to play. I kept a lobby open earlier this afternoon for an hour or so with no luck, so it seems I need to find the "hive" where I can meet people and get some real games in. Ultimately, playing in this upcoming ZHL season 4 is a goal but in the meantime it would be great to get some practice in.

You are my first contact but I would hate to trouble you any further about playing since you are in an EU timezone and I am practically west coast USA ( unless this means nothing in which case add me :) )

If anyone else reads this please feel free to add me on B.net and throw me an invite for a pub game or whatever
ProfessorX
Battle.net Name: ProfessorX
Battle.net Char Code: 1530

Post by ProfessorX » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:20 pm

Welcome Particle!! :D

Next time you're on SC2, search for the Zealot Hockey group chat, everyone on NA is usually in there.
Kaioken
Battle.net Name: Kaioken
Battle.net Char Code: 266

Post by Kaioken » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:18 pm

Nice to meet you Particle! :D
ZachSmack
Battle.net Name: ZachSmack
Battle.net Char Code: 340

Post by ZachSmack » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:24 am

Welcome to the community, and keep in mind although it's unlikely you will be a ZHL starter by the time season 4 starts (Though not impossible) there is still probe league which is a great way for up and coming players to showcase their skills.