The Ozy Post

A place for people to introduce themselves or talk about other players.
Amigaway
Battle.net Name: Yeuyeu
Battle.net Char Code: 300
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: The Ozy Post

Post by Amigaway » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:58 pm

If you find no enjoyment in this community and feel targeted with every post you write, I can't really blame you for wanting to leave. Though I'd really wish you'd reconsider.

Cause I love your enthusiasm, I love how you can write big blocks of text on the forum and criticize things with actual ideas. I didn't always agree with them (in fact, I'm pretty sure I disagreed more than agreed with you) but I always thought your heart was in the right place and that your choices always revolved around helping the community. I hope you'll forgive me, but for this one, I can't really make a short post. I wanted to at first, even wrote I would try to, but it's impossible for me to think I might send you off on just a few words :X .

To be honest, I thought you were a positive spirit in this community so much that I failed to notice how much negative comments went your way. In my mind, all the posts I saw against you, from the banning of squik players to the incident with Dalton translated to "Ozy really wants to get his point across and to see the good in people, even when sometimes what they did isn't really excusable." I thought it was some sort of joke between you, or the result of a really heated Dalton who had to deal with the playoffs in subpar conditions and felt you essentially accused him (or at least his team) of doing so on purpose. I actually never thought a part of the community hated you, cause up until now, every person who seemed to have an opinion on you that I met seemed to think rather highly of you. Considering I tend to write some controversial comments myself, yet am not hated for them (my actions in previous competitions probably are more cause for people to be wary of me) I never thought that you'd suffer because of what you typed. I blame myself for not noticing it, not that I could have changed much, but after defending a few hot tempered players on this forum, I still managed to miss the obvious.

This is the situation I feared the most after the cheaters were exposed, and I'm extremely sad, because I believe they are the cause of this situation. I understand you Blame Junky, Doll or Rig, but I personally think this situation was brought on by the actions of last season's banned players more than by the old commish and LMs.

From what I can see, the current situation escalated from the opposition that developed during this incident, the recent opposition with Dalton and Junky being only consequences of this initial snap. I don't blame the league managers for their reaction (and what right would I have to blame people who actually spent hours to make my gaming experience better ?) but I think I can grasp both sides.

On one hand, if I had been a LM, it would have been impossible for me to not get infuriated by your initial defense of Squik players. Imagine spending hours to find out cheaters, exposing them and then having players (some of which not even part of the league) question your decision, while others defend the cheaters who claim they did nothing wrong ? I'd have lost my shit. I'm surprised at how calmly some LMs explained the situation. And then, while some players demand more work from them (I'm sorry, I was part of them, I wrote a post "offering" a solution that essentially asked LM to reorganize 10 matches just for the cheater's teams) others ask for leniency towards the cheats. Of course, even after the facts, some would still ressent the people who defended cheaters.

On the other hand, I was part of the people who didn't want LMs to be right (even if I didn't state it). While I thanked them, and still do, wholeheartedly, for their dedication, that helped keep the league clean and save the competitive community (which, let's face it, is what keeps the community going. So many more people show up during league months...), I was extremely saddened by the fact players I knew an trusted were part of the cheaters. Judging from the posts so were many others. I still stand by my defense of Deadpool, who tried to defend Tomek. While I understand Dalton's anger at the time, tbh I still think that, if a similar situation had happened in Auron, I'd have reacted exactly like Deadpool. I owed Dalton most of my ZH knowledge back then, and I loved Alassau and Kivi. Seeing them all leave in one go would have broken my spirit and I would have either defended them or walked away from the game for weeks, disgusted. Actually I kind of did, and that's only because Dalton disbanded the clan.

What I feared the most was to have a big part of the community (Squik players) follow in the footsteps of the banned players. I didn't want to ostracize any of them because of what they might at that time.

In the end, I consider you leaving the community as the saddest consequence of the cheating that occurred last season. I know you probably don't see it that way, and ressent others for their reactions towards your recent comments, but I can only link their hostility to that event. I wish you would reconsider. I wish that, even if you took a break from zh, you might decide to come back. I fear that you won't and we will forever lose someone who, because of his willingness to post on the forum (and yes, even posts that apparently no-one agrees on, like the last campaign one you made !) has a great value in this community. God, without the reactions created by some of your posts, the forum feels so dead some weeks.

I don't believe anyone here will feel genuinely happy that you are leaving.
We, as a community, need people who are willing. It doesn't have to be people willing to sacrifice hours of their time making the community better or organizing events. I mean who are willing to make the community live, by posting on the forum, commenting in the ZH channel, asking question. If you ever feel willing again, I'd be overjoyed to see you come back.
Our competitions need you. We need someone who's willing to ask questions or state opinions. Even opinions almost no-one agrees with. Because even if people don't state it out loud, some are very glad to see you offer another perspective on an issue. Even when I don't agree with you at all, I sure am glad to read some new post on the forum about an issue you picked up. I don't agree with your views on SC2 becoming F2P, but I was glad you brought up the issue. Had I known you leaving was in the balance, I'd probably have taken more time to express this.

I, as a wall poster, need you. I can't be the only one to write 3 pages of text that most people dread as soon as they open the topic (or just seeing my name, answering their post). I need you to tell me that I write too much and end up saying very little, because if you're not going to do it, no-one will have the energy to do both that and answer the points I made !

Of course, I cannot convince you to stay but I am disgusted thinking you might leave because of the escalation of this cheating incident. I truly hope you chose to come back. And in the meantime, you will be dearly missed.
EU probe league winner, S5, 6, 8

Image by Madmax / <AuroN> Zen
DerrocK
Battle.net Name: Junky
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by DerrocK » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:28 pm

Kivi <3

U always post walls of text tho Yeu, nothing new :D

Edit: just checked through your forum posts, no walls. Guess that's just in our conversations and PMs :D

Edit 2: I missed the ". . ." LOL!
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EUS2 Regular Season W, Commish, AllStar
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
DaGOAT ZHCL Rings: 2
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster
Immortals on ice Rings: 3
EUS8 W

Narcissism at its best
LittleDicky
Battle.net Name: LittleDicky

Post by LittleDicky » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Amigaway wrote:If you find no enjoyment in this community and feel targeted with every post you write, I can't really blame you for wanting to leave. Though I'd really wish you'd reconsider.

Cause I love your enthusiasm, I love how you can write big blocks of text on the forum and criticize things with actual ideas. I didn't always agree with them (in fact, I'm pretty sure I disagreed more than agreed with you) but I always thought your heart was in the right place and that your choices always revolved around helping the community. I hope you'll forgive me, but for this one, I can't really make a short post. I wanted to at first, even wrote I would try to, but it's impossible for me to think I might send you off on just a few words :X .

To be honest, I thought you were a positive spirit in this community so much that I failed to notice how much negative comments went your way. In my mind, all the posts I saw against you, from the banning of squik players to the incident with Dalton translated to "Ozy really wants to get his point across and to see the good in people, even when sometimes what they did isn't really excusable." I thought it was some sort of joke between you, or the result of a really heated Dalton who had to deal with the playoffs in subpar conditions and felt you essentially accused him (or at least his team) of doing so on purpose. I actually never thought a part of the community hated you, cause up until now, every person who seemed to have an opinion on you that I met seemed to think rather highly of you. Considering I tend to write some controversial comments myself, yet am not hated for them (my actions in previous competitions probably are more cause for people to be wary of me) I never thought that you'd suffer because of what you typed. I blame myself for not noticing it, not that I could have changed much, but after defending a few hot tempered players on this forum, I still managed to miss the obvious.

This is the situation I feared the most after the cheaters were exposed, and I'm extremely sad, because I believe they are the cause of this situation. I understand you Blame Junky, Doll or Rig, but I personally think this situation was brought on by the actions of last season's banned players more than by the old commish and LMs.

From what I can see, the current situation escalated from the opposition that developed during this incident, the recent opposition with Dalton and Junky being only consequences of this initial snap. I don't blame the league managers for their reaction (and what right would I have to blame people who actually spent hours to make my gaming experience better ?) but I think I can grasp both sides.

On one hand, if I had been a LM, it would have been impossible for me to not get infuriated by your initial defense of Squik players. Imagine spending hours to find out cheaters, exposing them and then having players (some of which not even part of the league) question your decision, while others defend the cheaters who claim they did nothing wrong ? I'd have lost my shit. I'm surprised at how calmly some LMs explained the situation. And then, while some players demand more work from them (I'm sorry, I was part of them, I wrote a post "offering" a solution that essentially asked LM to reorganize 10 matches just for the cheater's teams) others ask for leniency towards the cheats. Of course, even after the facts, some would still ressent the people who defended cheaters.

On the other hand, I was part of the people who didn't want LMs to be right (even if I didn't state it). While I thanked them, and still do, wholeheartedly, for their dedication, that helped keep the league clean and save the competitive community (which, let's face it, is what keeps the community going. So many more people show up during league months...), I was extremely saddened by the fact players I knew an trusted were part of the cheaters. Judging from the posts so were many others. I still stand by my defense of Deadpool, who tried to defend Tomek. While I understand Dalton's anger at the time, tbh I still think that, if a similar situation had happened in Auron, I'd have reacted exactly like Deadpool. I owed Dalton most of my ZH knowledge back then, and I loved Alassau and Kivi. Seeing them all leave in one go would have broken my spirit and I would have either defended them or walked away from the game for weeks, disgusted. Actually I kind of did, and that's only because Dalton disbanded the clan.

What I feared the most was to have a big part of the community (Squik players) follow in the footsteps of the banned players. I didn't want to ostracize any of them because of what they might at that time.

In the end, I consider you leaving the community as the saddest consequence of the cheating that occurred last season. I know you probably don't see it that way, and ressent others for their reactions towards your recent comments, but I can only link their hostility to that event. I wish you would reconsider. I wish that, even if you took a break from zh, you might decide to come back. I fear that you won't and we will forever lose someone who, because of his willingness to post on the forum (and yes, even posts that apparently no-one agrees on, like the last campaign one you made !) has a great value in this community. God, without the reactions created by some of your posts, the forum feels so dead some weeks.

I don't believe anyone here will feel genuinely happy that you are leaving.
We, as a community, need people who are willing. It doesn't have to be people willing to sacrifice hours of their time making the community better or organizing events. I mean who are willing to make the community live, by posting on the forum, commenting in the ZH channel, asking question. If you ever feel willing again, I'd be overjoyed to see you come back.
Our competitions need you. We need someone who's willing to ask questions or state opinions. Even opinions almost no-one agrees with. Because even if people don't state it out loud, some are very glad to see you offer another perspective on an issue. Even when I don't agree with you at all, I sure am glad to read some new post on the forum about an issue you picked up. I don't agree with your views on SC2 becoming F2P, but I was glad you brought up the issue. Had I known you leaving was in the balance, I'd probably have taken more time to express this.

I, as a wall poster, need you. I can't be the only one to write 3 pages of text that most people dread as soon as they open the topic (or just seeing my name, answering their post). I need you to tell me that I write too much and end up saying very little, because if you're not going to do it, no-one will have the energy to do both that and answer the points I made !

Of course, I cannot convince you to stay but I am disgusted thinking you might leave because of the escalation of this cheating incident. I truly hope you chose to come back. And in the meantime, you will be dearly missed.
you're right
Phi
Battle.net Name: Peregrinus
Battle.net Char Code: 157

Post by Phi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Pere
I'm addicted to bming pere. I could never stop it. I wonder how he sees me :D
You're adorable for thinking you have ever managed to bm me. At worst you just said the truth. Like that joke you wrote about missing shots. Was nice joke, shouldn't have self-censored smh. At the end of the day, I stand by 'offense is taken, not given' and I take no shit from nobody :D That is not to say I don't have buttons that can't be pushed, but there are not many who'd know which ones those would be :P

You wanna know how I really see you? Fair enough, I'll engage in some '1st year psych student BS' and give you my honest impression, bear with me. I think you're probably a good person, and by that I mean, I'd be surprised to find out you've been going around kicking puppies and stealing candy from children.

That being said:

*You have a tendency to blow things out of proportion.
For example, your most recent criticisms about LMs in regards to smurfageddon, and another example- this very post about 'hateful community'.
I might not play that much anymore, but I still practically live in discord, and I can assure you, there have not been any "Let's Get Together And Revel In Our Hate Of Ozy" hate parties, and while some jokes might happen, they aren't vicious in nature from what I've seen. But sure, maybe there's a major anti-ozy conspiracy out there that I have been excluded from, entirely logical and plausible :kappa: ( If such conspiracy exists, I want to note my displeasure of not being invited, why has my experience bming Ozy not been acknowledged :x )
Also if this is what constitutes 'hateful community' to you, for your own good, never post on message boards like 4chan(and god forbid /pol/), they'd tear you apart and engage in unspeakable acts with your remains while competing who can launch the highest amount of obscenities at you.

*Your communication skills need work.
Man this is hard to bash someone about, given that every time I find myself writing anything longer than 2 sentences, I'll write a small book, then delete it, rewrite it 4 times, then after 2h maybe have a workable paragraph that seems accurate enough to convey what I want it to convey.
But even in written form, there is tone to consider. And I don't think I'm the only one, who has found you at times, rather aggressive, with a hint of arrogance. Not saying that's how you are, but you have made that impression at times. I might be wrong here, but I think 'enthusiastic miscommunication' would describe you rather well.

*All Heart And No Brains
I said this to you once already, half jokingly- half seriously. Jokingly in that I don't think you are literally dumb as a rock. But seriously, as in you often let your emotions get the better of you, I remember in that same LM debacle you pointed to your viewpoint as being that of 'an objective outsider without a stake in the situation' , and yet you got so heated in arguing your point, I could have sworn it was your playoffs on the line. Maybe could have just put your 5 cents on the table and leave it at that, rather than trying to get everyone to join your '5 cent' church.

I'm really getting tired of writing so i'll stop at that. So, do I hate Ozy? I don't hate Ozy. Do I love Ozy? I don't love Ozy. I think Ozy is ok, when ozy is not jumping in fire, then running around engulfed in flames, shocked that it hurts. :D
When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.
LoOgiK
Battle.net Name: BlackPhilou
Battle.net Char Code: 2169

Post by LoOgiK » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:31 am

Too long
EUDL4 winner #10-0
1st best forum spammer
ZHCL 8 9 Winner
EUDL5 Manager
Redline tourney finalist

VOTE KURT FOR S10 COMMISION
Lazor
Battle.net Name: Lazor

Post by Lazor » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:55 am

I don't remember ignoring you on purpose Ozy, and if you thought I was, you should've told me >.<
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713
Battle.net Server: NA

Post by Blitz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Anyone who posts a retirement speech is just seeking attention, latah bitch

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
Elharion
Battle.net Name: CarbotZlot
Battle.net Char Code: 1711

Post by Elharion » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:27 pm

Blitz back at it again
Rush, rush, gets his hacks from crush, he's a first rounder who gets carried by dust
Logik admit it you're copying poodle diving in the defense just not diving on duckslayers account first
What is a Chicago?
Dictator Commish
Lime
Battle.net Name: Lime
Battle.net Char Code: 2821

Post by Lime » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:14 pm

Blitz wrote:Anyone who posts a retirement speech is just seeking attention, latah bitch
L U L,
+1

Edit: not always true
its E U
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:05 am

didn’t mention me? offense taken. Kappa
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"