LittleDicky [EU]

A place for people to introduce themselves or talk about other players.
LittleDicky
Battle.net Name: LittleDicky
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU

LittleDicky [EU]

Post by LittleDicky » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:39 pm

Hello zealots.

With me alive, EU public games will likely never die. That's a semi-joke here, since I have played around 3000 zh games and 100% of them were pubs, 0% ih. I no longer remember how long i play zh, but it has to be a year already.

People often ask me why i don't play ih so i finally decided to explain a bit here. The reason is quite sad, i am a big lagger. My 'good' times are when i play at 200 ping, in very rare ocasions i have a constant 150 then I feel like a hockey god. Often i need to play full game with 400 ping. However, the latency/ping is not the real problem. My net is wireless and i have real lags (waiting windows) and 10-20 spikes more often than most people. This tends to ruin games at times which i don't want to happen in serious matches.

I like to talk with all people, even noobs in lobbies and matches, but if you see me not reply at times it means i am alt-tabbed which is recently common since lobby waitings are longer now.
When i see enemy team is full of newbs i will always opt-in goalie and give hints. I like to think that if a noob finds out about X by HIMSELF he is already a pro. It's funny how few people can figure this simple skill even though there are only 5 buttons in this mod.

My playstyle is highly influenced by the random nautre of pub games =D I always try to be ready to backup my teammate in case he will make a fail and i try to make sure i am the last guy between you and my goalie. I never stand in offence waiting for pass, when my teammate is doing face-off i always head towards my own goalie just in case.

In ZH i value smart play and vision with quick reaction for a good pass much more over a solo puck skill. I see too many pro-wannabe in pubs that copy the good looking moves without even thinking what they are doing, effectively giving enemy defense time to come position themself and wasting early opportunity for a counter attack.

Since i play pubs anyway, i like to use many different accounts for different reasons. I will always tell you who i am if you ask.
1. In past i was making new accounts to check if i still can reach over 70% win over 100 games.
2. To make funny new nicks or try to "roleplay" in hockey =) For example, MrPasser, a guy whos goal is to have 20+ passes a game.
3. When i feel like i need to "evasedrop" due to making people too angry with lags lol.

You may meet me as LittleDicky, LittlePickle (undercover), MrPasser, JustJoe, LoveYou, GetRekt (with a fancy font :D)
SplatterArt
Battle.net Name: SplatterArt
Battle.net Char Code: 100

Re: LittleDicky [EU]

Post by SplatterArt » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:42 pm

Around 3K ZH pubs ? - I have more less the same !
Welcome here ZH veteran :D

I'm sorry about the net issues You are experiencing on regular basis though :(
Is it something that can be fixed/upgraded ? or Your location is connection-wise not convenient ?
LittleDicky

Post by LittleDicky » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:05 pm

It's a location problem and the net is good for my needs otherwise, except only for zh.
Btw, i am from Poland and i noticed that polish guys often have lag problems in game. Not sure if it's coincidence, observation bias, both or not all.

Zealot Hockey is so damn good i would play even if i had to use a Potato.
SplatterArt
Battle.net Name: SplatterArt
Battle.net Char Code: 100

Post by SplatterArt » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:41 pm

LittleDicky wrote: Btw, i am from Poland and i noticed that polish guys often have lag problems in game. Not sure if it's coincidence, observation bias, both or not all.
I am from Poland too. It is generally quite uncommon to make lagless smooth full pub game.
I know 4 Polish guys now, are there more ?
We need to make team for Nation Wars (currently 2 players are registered).
Rigensis
Battle.net Name: Rigensis
Battle.net Char Code: 955

Post by Rigensis » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:06 am

good guy dicky! dobra on forums.

we have king of ice showmatch series - each week two nations have bo3 after league games and winner plays the next week - its different event from nationwars - maybe its good idea to test how you guys play together.
Blaster
Battle.net Name: Blaster
Battle.net Char Code: 2717

Post by Blaster » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:52 am

I was wondering why you dissapeared, now I know you never dissapeared, just went undercover :)

Well, it is quite sad that you cannot play some matches because of your internet, but really you should give it a try when you feel that your internet doesn't lag; real shame though cause you would definately improve our comunity. I've known you for a good time and i know you're a very good player.

Anyways, off topic, how did you write your Getrekt account :) Looks preety neat.
Also known as the Wiseman.

Currently Retired
MoS
Battle.net Name: MoS
Battle.net Char Code: 671

Post by MoS » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:37 pm

Hey Dicky nice to see you there, and as others sad not to see you in priv, you're great.
Hf!
LittleDicky

Post by LittleDicky » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:49 am

Blaster wrote:Anyways, off topic, how did you write your Getrekt account :) Looks preety neat.
ĦƸƳ ƁĿĄƧƮƸƦ
ƪƮ'Ƨ ĴƲƧƮ Ą ƁƲƝƇĦ ƠƑ ƲƝƪƇƠƊƸ ƇĦĄƦĄƇƮƸƦƧ.

Google "unicode character table". Monks tought me how to make it into an autohotkey script so i can type it on capslock.

ĄƁƇƊƸƑƓĦƪĴƘĿMƝƠƤƦƧƮƲƜXƳƵ
BacKFisCh
Battle.net Name: BacKFisCh
Battle.net Char Code: 396

Post by BacKFisCh » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:38 pm

Nice to meat you man!

It's kinda mindblowing that you have this many accs which I met already and I was always wondering like who is this guy :D

See ya on the ice!
#votedraftleague2015
Scrios
Battle.net Name: Scrios
Battle.net Char Code: 543

Post by Scrios » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:53 am

Welcome to the forum LittleDicky.

I remember many of your accounts, was always wondering why is this guy so good with so few games played. You may remember me under my nickname SOTY, i was a pubhero too. 8-)

You should definitely try privgames, i have some lage issues too (not as much as you do) but after 22:00 it's fine to play for me, maybe for you too.