League Pause Mechanic

Post suggestions you have here that relate to the game's mechanics
fancypants
Battle.net Name: fancypants
Battle.net Char Code: 1399
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: League Pause Mechanic

Post by fancypants » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:32 pm

Kurt_58 wrote:No. You need to be on your side of ice and have possession for at least 1 second.
The way it works right now is if an opposing team player is too close then you cannot type pp to pause the game. If a goalie has the puck and someone is sharking on the crease then you can't pause, even though they have no way of getting the puck from you. That's the only issue I see with the current system.
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:37 pm

goalie should be able to pause whenever hes in crease
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
themusic
Battle.net Name: themusic
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by themusic » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:32 am

Yes at the time it was put in the criteria was you or anyone on your team can type pp when your team has possession. There is a green pp in the top right indiciating when you can pause. You dont have to have possession yourself. You cannot pause if there is an enemy within a small radius around you. I believe the decision was made for the radius so you cant pause in the middle of a turnover or clickbattle, or anything that would comprimise a play when the game resumed.

There is no way to change the default pause button, only to remove it and replace it with something else. Sadface.

I can definitely see goalies being able to pause regardless of enemy proximity if they are in the crease. I like the idea.

Perhaps we can change the function of typing pp in chat to just hitting the p key once on your keyboard? Not sure that anyone binds their p key to abilities.

Im open to whatever as long as its technically possible, just let me know Kurt and it shall be so. Reducing the radius, changing the pause to p key, giving goalies 100% pause capabilities, etc.

Also, if any of the above functionality isnt working as described, this is a bug that needs to be fixed. Havent seen an issue myself yet though.
Kholin
Battle.net Name: Kholin
Battle.net Char Code: 610

Post by Kholin » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:49 am

themusic wrote:
Also, if any of the above functionality isnt working as described, this is a bug that needs to be fixed. Havent seen an issue myself yet though.

It wasn't working in my CHL game last night. There were times when we had possession with no one around, and the PP in the top right of the screen, and it wouldn't pause, you can check the replay to see. Unless the small radius is about 4 skater's lengths, there was no reason we shouldn't have been able to pause last night, but nevertheless we couldn't. :(
      • Dont worry, Im a Koalafied goalie
themusic
Battle.net Name: themusic

Post by themusic » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:47 am

Not cool, will check replay thx
Tenkz
Battle.net Name: Tenkz

Post by Tenkz » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:16 pm

themusic wrote:Perhaps we can change the function of typing pp in chat to just hitting the p key once on your keyboard? Not sure that anyone binds their p key to abilities.
I don't think typing pp with puck is hard as people make it out to be. I hit other keys a lot (when we lose i tend to faceroll my keyboard and throw it across the room), so I think this would interfere with a few things.

But seriously, I don't think it's hard to type pp with puck, and if you can't, then you're in a too high-pressure situation to be allowed to pause in the first place.
Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164

Post by Marker » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:21 pm

Can you make it a hard key like you did goalie? Like P or Pause/break? would that be better?

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing
wawmoose
Battle.net Name: WaWMoose
Battle.net Char Code: 1878

Post by wawmoose » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:23 pm

I actually think the current system is good because you can't just pause when ur about to lose the puck or just feel under pressure (enemies near).

A good fix to the above issue would be allowing a goalie in possession of the puck, in his crease, to pause at any time, if if he's being sharked (enemies near).
In that game Proster did pass to Eric at one point, and he was in his crease, but he still couldn't pause.

The only thing teams would need to ensure getting a pause would be having to pass to their own goalie, which is easy enough.

Edit: ofc fucking water beat me to it
RIP Flyers
maha
Battle.net Name: maharishi
Battle.net Char Code: 576

Post by maha » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:24 pm

themusic wrote:Not cool, will check replay thx
the issue was people were typing pp into allied chat instead of all chat
"This is the most absurd piece of garbage that can't even be applied to the actual league. Great job embarrassing yourselves."
Rigensis
Battle.net Name: Rigensis
Battle.net Char Code: 955
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by Rigensis » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:37 am

maha wrote:
themusic wrote:Not cool, will check replay thx
the issue was people were typing pp into allied chat instead of all chat
just checked. pp works even if typed in allied chat.