New mechanics testing

Post suggestions you have here that relate to the game's mechanics
Tenkz
Battle.net Name: Tenkz
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: New mechanics testing

Post by Tenkz » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:38 pm

ever hear of EXPERIMENTING? you're all overreacting jesus.. it's been less than a week of a new change that was widely supported, and the dude's been slaving his ass off to improve the map for the past eight? months

whether negative or positive, it's progress, and progress is always good

thank you themusic and it's a shame that people can be so rude when giving feedback
Slide
Battle.net Name: slide
Battle.net Char Code: 824
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by Slide » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:41 pm

Hey good to see some new changing in zh ! I personnaly think that the boost steal as field isn't necessary, i might be not very objective cause i almost never use it, but for most situation in defense, that help the guy who played worse than the attacker.
As goalie i'm pretty sure that they need the boost steal, that's not "lucky" for a goalie to boost steal ( in general ) but just a great reaction time since goalie doesn't use boost steal to keep the puck but to get it.
Tenkz wrote:ever hear of EXPERIMENTING? you're all overreacting jesus.. it's been less than a week of a new change that was widely supported, and the dude's been slaving his ass off to improve the map for the past eight? months

thank you themusic and it's a shame that people can be so rude when giving feedback
Can't say anything better, that's exactly what we need. Experimenting and testing.

See you on the ice and thanks music for making our favorite game alive !
Draft league (EUDL s2) : finalist
Draft league (EUDL3) : winner
Draft league (EUDL4) : winner
Draft League (ZHL8) : finalist
Draft league (EUDL6) : finalist (LUL)
Draft league (EUDL8) : winner
44 000 gambling Marker bot
themusic
Battle.net Name: themusic

Post by themusic » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:58 pm

Hey guys, i didn't make these changes. I was going to do the mechanics in this thread in a mechanics test map. Get Leeroy involved in this discussion to get the details.

Goalies should still have boost steal imo. I'd go as far to say as even a .2 second duration increase on it, while leaving skaters without boost steal :)
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster

Post by forumusername » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:37 pm

good change fuk u dum yolo boosters
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation
ZachSmack
Battle.net Name: ZachSmack
Battle.net Char Code: 340

Post by ZachSmack » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:13 pm

Wtf I didn't say anything about the boost steal... why would you believe something gandalf says?
Last edited by ZachSmack on Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZachSmack
Battle.net Name: ZachSmack
Battle.net Char Code: 340

Post by ZachSmack » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:18 pm

Tenkz wrote:ever hear of EXPERIMENTING? you're all overreacting jesus.. it's been less than a week of a new change that was widely supported, and the dude's been slaving his ass off to improve the map for the past eight? months

Wow Tenkz is the most reasonable person in this thread
JMoney
Battle.net Name:

Post by JMoney » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:59 pm

ZachSmack wrote:

smh i get no credit for starting the "dont be fucking retarded" movement
Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164

Post by Marker » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:28 pm

ZachSmack wrote:

lol

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:47 pm

I didnt want to post here again, but considering the last few comments I decided that i should.

First, when you've been playing since nearly the creation, unless its a huge game where when you change something a lot of things will get affected, I dont think you need a week to know whether a patch is good or bad in your opinion. I dont recall changing my mind on any patches in this game before. A lot of people actually said their opinion on the patch in the first day of release, some agrees with it but want the goalie boost steal, some disagrees and some thinks its good which is fine but if youre going to tell the people against it that theyre whining and should wait before making up their mind, you should tell that to the people for and the ones saying goalie steal should come back as well.

Second, this isnt a balance patch, this is removing a mechanic, if you think its good or bad it doesnt matter its your opinion. Theres no need to bash on people for their opinion about patches, especially when you dont know what you are talking about.

Finally, I feel like some people are mixing things up, this isnt a nerf to yoloing, people click anyways when they yolo and the boost steal was rarely used when yoloing because you often werent close enough to utilize it. This patch happened because some people felt like the steal of the boost was random or different than the normal clicking. I as well as some other people rightfully disagree with that and some people agrees with it. Theres no need to quit over it or bash anyone if everytime a patch happens theres people bashing each other on the forums or straight up saying we attacked the devs by stating an opinion on a patch which I think is what the devs want, feedback on their patches good or bad. People will just stop giving their feedback and thats gonna be bad for real.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
BoooM
Battle.net Name: BoooM
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by BoooM » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:33 pm

I just had the pleasure to test the new zh version and I must say that in the games I played I did not notice any difference from what it used to be. For me, the impact of the removed boost steal is negligable. I do not have to change anything on defense. At the same time, yolo boosts still happen and succeed. I very much welcome the change, though, since there have not been any random boost resteals that used to annoy me. For me personally, yolo stealing has become much easier with the change. I used to be one of the people that had issues with the "consistency" of boost stealing, and more often than not I used to spam away the puck after a successful boost steal.
I talked to some EU zh players that I consider to have been able to boost steal very realiably previously. One of them welcomed the change, the other one considered it rather postive but did not seem to care either way.
A few other people on EU that I talked to also welcomed the removal of boost steal, but did not feel like they were affected by it anyway, since they did not rely on it previously either.
So far I have not heard any negative comments about the change on EU.

edit: goalies should probably get boost steal back, though.