I have not missed a EUDL main league game since the beginning of the year. I have racked up god knows how many hundred games with every possible EU player at the same time. Ergo saying that I have not played against good spammers is equal to saying that there are no good spammers on EU.krazymen wrote:I also never said that eu had no good spammers, I said that you specifically probably didnt play against good spammers if it was so easy to spam the puck away.
(3-4) This seems to be an obvious case of differing philosophies on how to defend best. Both of us have stated their arguments for either choice. At the end of the day, people should play however it works best for them. I have been faring far too well and without any problems with my style to ever consider changing it in a normal scenario.
The only factually wrong thing in your statement is:
As long as you are not behind the striker, there is always a side you can spam it away it. I do not know how this changes when one or both of the players have high ping, but on equal grounds with a fairly low ping, there is always a side you can spam away to.krazymen wrote:Staying on the zealot to counter spam might be a gamble because you dont have a real good chance of removing the puck against a better player
(5) I agree with your statement. But I have been arguing that I do not view this as an advantage in exactly in high level play, because you will not see the opportunity to use this trick successfully even remotely close to regularly.
(6) People everywhere seem to have found the power of LMB. Even if steal boost was reintroduced, we will still be seeing mass spam in nearly every duel in front of the crease, because it has been and still is the most efficient way to prevent somebody from scoring. The only situation you could argue would change is when the striker is trying to spam walk through a defender. I personally neither view boost stealing as the optimal option to defend in this situation, nor have I seen any change in the successful defense of this trick despite it becoming so much more popular.[/quote]
2) then perhaps the NA spam clickers offense are better than their eu counterpart, I personally rarely play on eu because of ping, same for you so unless we get a big plane and fly everyone from one place to the other we will never know.
3-4) against a better player if the other guy is better than you then its not so obvious as to spam to the open side.
5) it was done regularly before, I know some people that used it regularly at least.
6) the meta shifts based on what works better, if the spam doesnt work as well with boost steal then there will be less spam and something else will appear. Now this whole discussion like blitz says is mostly based on server based play it seems. Theres really no point to argue since you think something else than me. However the majority of people want to see it back, maybe we should do an eu poll and an na poll to see what both servers actually think.