Change Goalie, Crease and Puck

Post suggestions you have here that relate to the game's mechanics
Leeroy
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Change Goalie, Crease and Puck

Post by Leeroy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:52 pm

I think it proved pretty quickly that the goals were too small. I measured, by the way, and it was actually a decrease of a little below 10%. I just patched it right now and made the goals a bit bigger, they are now only 5% smaller than the original goals.
Sharp
Battle.net Name: Sharp#2993
Battle.net Char Code: 2993
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by Sharp » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:05 pm

Hello everyone,

I have played like 20-30 matches on these goals now and i don't think it is a big game changer, but it does change some things on which i have my doubts.

I read that the point of making them bigger is to help new goalies to learn how to goalie, but that is a stupid reason imo, because goalies who already know how to play (especially top team goalies) can now stop instead of 80+/-% just a 95% while doing almost nothing and this is ridiculous. Now you can also say that it is too hard for the beginning field players.

I mean what about them?
I heard like 30 people with 100-400 games, complain about the goals being almost impossible to score for them.

What about field players with 0-100 games?

And personally i liked sniping and breaking defense by forcing them to cover teammates and certain spots on goal by my movement and then shoot from te most unexpected spot.

But now that is simply gone.

The only way you can score now is by c-shots, goalie mistakes (which will happen way less) and counters. If goalies get used to this size i doubt outplaying will ever work again.

My suggestion would be to keep the goals looks, i like the next looks and posts. But to change it back to the old size and remove that weird circle behind the goal. so actually just put it back to what it was but keep the textures and post size.

Moving into the crease would be crazy and i only think that will give more problems. Then we step from easy goalie gameplay to impossible.

We don't have to change anything the old game was fine and the new league mode fantastic.
Blaster
Battle.net Name: Blaster
Battle.net Char Code: 2717

Post by Blaster » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:06 am

Hmmm, even if I preffered to have the size reverted, I shall give it a try and post my feedback later.

Even so, thank you for listening to us and for atleast trying to find a solution that pleases both sides..

EDIT : Goals are back to what they were on EU! Champagne! Hip hip Hurray!!
Also known as the Wiseman.

Currently Retired
PinkVoid
Battle.net Name:

Post by PinkVoid » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:44 am

Blaster wrote:
EDIT : Goals are back to what they were on EU! Champagne! Hip hip Hurray!!
I guess the whole patch was reverted on EU since we are in the middle of our league? What ever happens to the size of the goal, please give us tournament mode back until sunday!! We need our bench! :(
Templar fans battlenet://starcraft/group/2/225591 @ EU
Rigensis
Battle.net Name: Rigensis
Battle.net Char Code: 955

Post by Rigensis » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:18 am

what about missing stats? league mode is not finished. we will manage without it in last 28 games. we will try to speed up league.
PinkVoid
Battle.net Name:

Post by PinkVoid » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:49 am

Rigensis wrote:what about missing stats? league mode is not finished. we will manage without it in last 28 games. we will try to speed up league.
well the other 28 games are half the league and possibly more since there are additional challenger teams now.
can't imagine it is hard to fix tab key and add another 4 slots into the stats at the end of each period.

It really is an awesome feature and I don't want to miss it. Also it is good for the teams and league, considering way too many active people don't play because they bench for their team. We, for example, have 6(!) player, thats a minimum, and still almost every week we have to decide who does not play, because more than 4 show up.
Not to talk about the stratetigal aspect, making the games more exciting... For example trth starting with MemenTo against twkh, an offensive player to get a lead early and bringing DeadMeat in soon after, who is the better defender, to stablize the game.
That is freaking awesome if you ask me and the fetaure already exists!

Please devs, give EU some love. If we have our missing custom features (which are at least 16, some for months - I am gonna make a seperate posting for this soon [edit: done] and this bench mode for the second half of the league, it makes the game so much more amazing and fun to watch and play.
Templar fans battlenet://starcraft/group/2/225591 @ EU
ZealotHockey
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Server: KR

Post by ZealotHockey » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:29 am

Everyone said that goalie became an easy task. Yet i didnt see any field player switching to full time goal keeper.
Goal keeping is getting harder and harder. Why ? Simply because of the meta, and you all know it. So hard that we reached a point where we camp in front of the net. Meta is always evolving, and this is what makes this game interesting.
Just because scoring became a little harder doesnt justify this reaction from so many top players. Its your job to adapt, not the game creators/devs.
Rigensis
Battle.net Name: Rigensis
Battle.net Char Code: 955

Post by Rigensis » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:59 am

Hehe, personally I am not so impatient to get new feature. I better get it when its working properly.
There are still some problems with league mode - like captain spots, observer spots, statistics, benched players not participating on shootouts, (there are bugs with side changing - no stats for goalies in 2nd period and as seen here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT1NnULK9AA - self goal into goal for).
And to be honest - we should give ♥ to devs - they are spending great amount of their spare time for bettering this game. Thanks Devs!
daggius2
Battle.net Name: daggius

Post by daggius2 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:21 pm

remove that weird circle behind the goal

^
kholin literally thinks it is possible to hold the puck continuously for 2.5 periods
Kholin
Battle.net Name: Kholin
Battle.net Char Code: 610

Post by Kholin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:13 pm

Other than that odd ass spot behind the goal which you can break if you take the effort by putting the puck through the wall and leaving it there, I really like the new changes. The new changes buff goalies, but I doubt that the effects will be too drastic other than making goalie enjoyable again. With the new changes to the crease goalies can be more aggressive and can be safe to snatch a puck from a skater that looped around the goal without fear of being boosted through and dunked on. Also, although goalie %s will go up, in the long term they will fall again, due to the shift in the meta to deal with the smaller nets and new crease. Removing a change before it has really had a chance to change the game would be a waste of time, especially Leeroy's time, who has worked hard to make this game more responsive to the community. Deal with the changes, learn new tricks, and keep playing.
      • Dont worry, Im a Koalafied goalie