1timer op now?

Think something needs to be balanced? Post it here!
Cervalicious
Battle.net Name: Cervantez
Battle.net Char Code: 233
Battle.net Server: NA

1timer op now?

Post by Cervalicious » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:39 pm

So i was on eu playing zealot hockey and i noticed an update.... when i did a 1timer with a teammate it went flying... Did Reputed and Leeroy actually think this was a good idea? way to make it unstoppable.
http://gfycat.com/GroundedFantasticCrayfish
      • I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO WORK THIS THING
get rekt
GizmomcS
Battle.net Name: GizmomcS
Battle.net Char Code: 260
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: 1timer op now?

Post by GizmomcS » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:32 pm

i think it can actually go faster than the speed of light lol :p
OptimusReim
Battle.net Name: Reimer
Battle.net Char Code: 367

Post by OptimusReim » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:36 pm

I haven't played yet with the new patch, but i already thought the 1-timer was pretty good.
but I think they want goalies to be forced to make stick saves (with cool down and smaller ff) or reserve it for breakaways or 1 timer chances

If they fixed the goaliepov they could prob just remove the forcefield ability altogether, the ff feels like a band-aid for not being able to see the cracks the other team can score on from the current view.
Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm
brucecambell
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by brucecambell » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:13 pm

kinda have to agree with cerv(as much as i hate to do that XD ♥Ucerv) that puck really can pick up some unreal speed if the passer can pass near full speed. kinda feel like games are goin to be high scoring again. Goodbye goalies' ELO
brucecambell
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by brucecambell » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:18 pm

ALSO LEEROY AND REPUTED......Y U GUYS NO TEST THIS OUT B4 IMPLEMENTING IT. ALL WE WANT(THE PROS) IS TO TEST THESE THINGS OUT B4 U ACTUALLY RELEASE IT INTO THE COMMUNTIY. IS THAT REALLY SO HARD??
Cervalicious

Post by Cervalicious » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:18 pm

brucecambell wrote:kinda have to agree with cerv(as much as i hate to do that XD ♥Ucerv) that puck really can pick up some unreal speed if the passer can pass near full speed. kinda feel like games are goin to be high scoring again. Goodbye goalies' ELO
My ELO is now below 1k.... Thanks leeroy and reputed
get rekt
kriN
Battle.net Name: kriN
Battle.net Char Code: 425

Post by kriN » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:58 am

Guys stop!

There's no reason to flame reputed + Leeroy!

Still be happy they made this amazing game. Ofc they made a mistake but didnt make other games mistakes too ?
And you guys shouldnt play for ELO etc. u should play FOR FUN!

That was it from my side.
reputed
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 696

Post by reputed » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:04 am

There was a brief period of several hours when one-timers was not functioning as intended.

Specifically, one-timers were outputting a velocity with a magnitude 400% higher than expected.

This has since been fixed. Thanks for waiting it out!
osmija
Battle.net Name: osmija
Battle.net Char Code: 389

Post by osmija » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:12 am

i like the one-timers. i think they're high-skill shots and with non-retarded defense you can prevent it. if you know thats how the other team plays you just have to position yourself between the person holding the puck and the guy he will be likely to pass to.
i think in a situation where theres no defense around and only goalie vs 2 opponents then they should have the odds in their favor because it only makes sense. the goalie isnt supposed to be able to stop 100% of everything coming at him, a good goalie can mindgame and try to prevent 1timer, but this is a teamgame and with a good team your defense can help prevent shit like this and it makes it very hard to score.

imo its in a perfect place right now.
Cervalicious

Post by Cervalicious » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:00 pm

osmija wrote:i like the one-timers. i think they're high-skill shots and with non-retarded defense you can prevent it. if you know thats how the other team plays you just have to position yourself between the person holding the puck and the guy he will be likely to pass to.
i think in a situation where theres no defense around and only goalie vs 2 opponents then they should have the odds in their favor because it only makes sense. the goalie isnt supposed to be able to stop 100% of everything coming at him, a good goalie can mindgame and try to prevent 1timer, but this is a teamgame and with a good team your defense can help prevent shit like this and it makes it very hard to score.

imo its in a perfect place right now.
i had created this when there was a bug to make the 1timer pass a 400% faster shot lol
get rekt