Meta Discussion

Kaigo1
Battle.net Name: Kaigo
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Meta Discussion

Post by Kaigo1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:30 am

So yesterday alot of people got offended when I said the best way to be a good ZHL player is to recognize that you aren't the best and to give the puck to a better player. Recognize that this is for ZHL and not ZH as a whole. The point is that every player seems to want to be a lingking or a vapour and nobody recognizes that there is only so much time on the clock and the community agrees that they are better than anyone else. So why would a team need another lingking lite to share puck time with? In my opinion, there aren't enough players like stealth in the league. A great player who essentially makes his other teammates who are arguably better into even more amazing players. And stealth wins the league pretty much every season. That's who I try to be, I aim to make maha and three better and I recognize that setting them up and having the puck in their hands is better for the team. Now that doesn't mean I do nothing on the offensive side, when I am left completely open, it gives me a better chance than a covered three or maha to strike. It's about the team people, not about showing off how good you are. Chris bosh did everything in the back ground so LeBron and D Wade could shine brighter. Hope this clears it up. Thoughts?
Sid: HEAD OF STATS
Sid: DOES 0 STATS
Sid: SHAKE
Sid: MY
Sid: GOD
Sid: DAMN
Sid: HEAD
DerrocK
Battle.net Name: Junky
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: Meta Discussion

Post by DerrocK » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:36 am

My son said to me this morning: "dad when I grow up I want to be like you, I want to become Junky lite".
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EUS2 Regular Season W, Commish, AllStar
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
DaGOAT ZHCL Rings: 2
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster
Immortals on ice Rings: 3
EUS8 W

Narcissism at its best
iSpyGecko
Battle.net Name: iSpyGecko
Battle.net Char Code: 1819

Post by iSpyGecko » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:46 am

this might be the gayest shit ive ever read

let me pretend to post a discussion topic but in reality its just a concept everyone will agree 2 and circlejerk or ignore !??!?!???!!!

#deep
Last edited by iSpyGecko on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rigensis
Battle.net Name: Rigensis
Battle.net Char Code: 955

Post by Rigensis » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:18 am

Yo, what if each player thinks that others are better? Perpetual passing galore.

Also your rule means that the best player will never pass to others. Even if another guy is in perfect position for a perfect one timer.

And what about a situation when "the best guy" is far from action - like afk - should we pass to him in that situation? Kappa.

Oh, if your oponent team knows that you ALWAYS will pass to "the guy" then they will just group around him and close any chance for him to receive any pass.

I think that the way you explain it is off putting.

Its a team game. There are roles/positions. There are the best strikers, supporters, defenders and goalies. Each role/position has a task. Each role/position has the best decisions they can make in game. Players should make the best decisions taking in account a game situation. Game situations changes rapidly.

For starters - you are presenting us with what is, or should be, a common knowledge. Yes - you should pass a guy who can score in situations when the guy has opportunity. Maybe you have a specific team in mind when you rise this topic - which team is not following this common knowledge rule?

But as game goes, there might be no opportunity to pass to "the guy" - its not a bad choice to try your luck yourself. Other option is to skate around wasting time trying to get that perfect pass to "the guy" in the perfect position.

As far as I have seen - in games with lingking (or poodle on eu) - everyone is passing to him and he delivers. So all we need is to have 8 copies of lingking.

Also each team has their own game plan - like we had one legendary team in EU which could do 2-one-timers on regular base.
Vapour
Battle.net Name: Valour
Battle.net Char Code: 273

Post by Vapour » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:01 pm

Teamwork is the combined commitment to overcome obstacles, It's support. It's encouragement. It's working together. It's rising to the challenge of bettering yourself for the benefit of the whole. It's providing the support and encourage necessary to help others better themselves and succeed in their endeavors. Good luck in playoffs!
Kaigo1

Post by Kaigo1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:06 pm

@Rignesis the point is that the offense should be run through your better players if you are the third man out and that should be rule of thumb. The better players will pass to make even better plays happen, I am not saying that you give the puck to your offensive guy and get out of the way. I just notice that teams don't do that as much as they should. I'm not gonna call out anyone because you'll look at it as I think that player is bad, when in reality from a skills perspective I'm probably the worst player in ZHL. I think anyone in the league would die laughing if the offense was ran more through me, but since I am the least threat, it leaves me way more opportunity to score. I only touch the puck around 30 seconds a game, yet I average more than 1.5 points a game as a perma defender because I'm looking to set my team up instead of trying to 1v3. And that isn't to say you force stuff. Maybe it should be said that play making is probably the most important skill over being another player that can juke through everyone
Kaigo1

Post by Kaigo1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Vapour wrote:Teamwork is the combined commitment to overcome obstacles, It's support. It's encouragement. It's working together. It's rising to the challenge of bettering yourself for the benefit of the whole. It's providing the support and encourage necessary to help others better themselves and succeed in their endeavors. Good luck in playoffs!
Probably the best way to put what I'm trying to say. Trust in the team over yourself is the best way to become a great ZHLer. If you believe in yourself more than your team, you won't succeed. Make sacrifices. If someone on the team is better at doing one thing, learn to cover up their weaknesses. We can't have nothing but lingking like players
Vapour
Battle.net Name: Valour
Battle.net Char Code: 273

Post by Vapour » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:33 pm

And it’s those little details that make you stand out from other players.

1. You have to want to be first on the puck at all times. You have to want it more than anyone else.
2. Attack the net. Perimeter players are those who skate around the perimeter of the offensive zone instead of getting into the high scoring chance zones, like the high-slot and the front of the net.
3. Get Back. No matter how good you are offensively, you WILL NOT play at a high level if you’re a liability to your team defensively. Defense leads to offense, there’s no denying it.
4. Do not take shot blocking lightly. If you can become an expert and add it to your already solid defensive play, any goalie will love to have you.
5. Finish your fore-checks. Force mistakes. Get your opponent out of position for just a fraction of a second and good things start to happen. The only time you shouldn't fore-check is when it takes you out of the play. It’s a small detail, but it’s an extremely important one.
6. Hard Passes. Limit turnovers and increase scoring chances as the opposing team has less time to react. The best way to work hard passes into your game is to over-emphasize hard passes during practice. Being able to pass the puck at the right time in the right place is extremely important. Add hard passes to your game and you’ll improve almost overnight as a player, plain and simple.
7. Don’t turn the puck over. Do whatever it takes to maintain puck possession. Analyze the play and keep it simple. Staying away from risky plays and getting close support from your teammates is the best way to keep turnovers at a minimum.

Conclusion
Scoring goals is nice…

But stick to these 7 little details and fit them into your game to really move the needle on your performances. Owners will reward you with opportunities to play at a higher level.
What’s more, they aren’t things you need to work on for hours on end. They’re simple tweaks that you can implement as soon as your next game and start seeing results right away.

All it takes is effort, work ethic, and the right attitude to stick to these little details.

Getting into hard-to-score areas, blocking shots, and being first on puck all the time isn’t for everyone.

But if you can find a way to build these things into your game, you’ll be that much more of a complete player.
Kaigo1

Post by Kaigo1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:23 pm

What Vapour said. The stuff he listed isn't the flashy stuff people want to be known for but it wins games and helps the team tremendously. It's harder to get recognized for doing this stuff but more important
DerrocK
Battle.net Name: Junky

Post by DerrocK » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:19 pm

So Kaigo u said u average 30s of puck time and u try to pass all the time as a defender.
I average 1:30-2m of puck time as def and those are the games where me and my team feel more comfortable. Less time than that mostly means 2 things: I'm recieving good pressure and will pass fast to keep posession which is different than passing for a good setup most of the time; second, the offense players recieve the puck in our defensive zone so they'll have a rough job going all the way to the opppnents net.

I think this exact topic depends on how good you think you are. I've seen on EU people that were great defenders that can click very well but on the other hand, the more they have the puck, the worse it is for the team, like Alassau and deadpool - great defenders dont get me wrong but nearly worthless with the puck and they know they are subpar with it so they play it well and drop the puck asap basically negating their subpar technical skills but putting more weigh on the offense players.

On the other side, you get a player like me for example: regardless of my defensive skills (i suck at def xd teach me to clik any1?) I always thought my best attribute was passing so if an useful pass isnt found asap I'll hold for some extra seconds to see if there is any luck on getting the puck straight to the offense player, there wasn't so I'll pass the support player and let him try from a different position while I stay open to him to give him a pass option when he gets pressured. Basically I sacrifice some seconds which is not always bad (if I have posession, opponents dont so they cant attack) in exchange for giving a pass to someone in an useful position where they can use their boost offensively and not to mantain posession. Downside to this is that it has the potential of slowing down the play but thats where vision, skill and practice come in place.
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EUS2 Regular Season W, Commish, AllStar
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
DaGOAT ZHCL Rings: 2
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster
Immortals on ice Rings: 3