ATTENTION CAPTAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

brucecambell
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

ATTENTION CAPTAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by brucecambell » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:59 pm

As the tournament draws closer and the numbers start piling up I just wanted to make sure that all the Captains/potential Captains are on the same page. This will save us time in the draft which must go SMOOTHLY, and I need all of your cooperation to do so.

When i say Captains/potential Captains, i mean if only 40 out of 60 players show up, then we would need only 10 Captains. If this is the case, we will have to cut captains so be warned. Determining who to cut and why will be talked about later as I have not gotten a chance to talk with the other hosts about this.

Drafting will be a snake order. this means the last captain to pick first round, will pick first for second round and the order simply reverses from there on (1234432112344321) see the pattern? Good. As you draft your players please inv them to your party and ask them to leave the "winter classic event channel" which we will be drafting from. THIS CHANNEL IS NOT THE SAME CHANNEL AS ZEALOT HOCKEY GROUP. Also is a good time to mention: Players, u must check into the event channel to be eligible for draft. If you are in the Zealot Hockey group, but NOT in the event channel, YOU WILL NOT BE PICKED.

Captains once you have your team you are responsible for them. Plz make sure they do leave the event channel though once you have picked them. If they dont other captains will pick them and we will have to tell them no they've already been picked, and that just slows the whole thing down. Another thing that will slow this process down is YOU NOT PAYING ATTENTION!!!. tabbed out, chatting on skype, talking to your mom, whatever you might be doing. Please give the draft your undivided attention. If you have Teamspeak, we have a channel you can come to to make this process way faster than typing. most of the other captains will also be there and so will all of the tournement hosts (Maharishi, WIldfire, and myself)

I believe the brackets are single elimination if i am to understand correctly, and a Tourney host should have those brackets made by the end of the draft so you and your teamates can overlook your road to victory! Once those are out LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

Questions, Answers?
Leave a comment below GLHF
Brucy
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Server: CN

Re: ATTENTION CAPTAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by TeeKay » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:31 am

brucecambell wrote:This means the last captain to pick first round, will pick first for second round and the order simply reverses from there on (1234432112344321) see the pattern? Good.
Won't it only be 4 players per team? If so, your example would only go 123443211234; since the Captain would be the 4th player?
Kira
Battle.net Name: Kira
Battle.net Char Code: 283

Post by Kira » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:49 am

I am confused, "Players, u must check into the event channel to be eligible for draft. "
But the statement before that says "leave the 'winter classic event channel' which we will be drafting from. "
So what exactly is the players channel, because it's definitely not winter classic since it cant be found on b.net.

-Pink Pony Army
Wildfire
Legend
Battle.net Name: WildFire
Battle.net Char Code: 427

Post by Wildfire » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:36 am

When the event starts in the event tab it will have an option saying join event channel. This is the channel you must join to aign in. There is no way to join it prior to the event time starting
brucecambell
Battle.net Name:

Post by brucecambell » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:49 pm

yes as WF stated this "winter classic event channel" will only be availible the day of the tourney.. unfortunatly there is no way around this due to blizzards programming. but you use the zealot hockey group to gain access to this channel on the day of.
brucecambell
Battle.net Name:

Post by brucecambell » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:55 pm

TeeKay wrote:
brucecambell wrote:This means the last captain to pick first round, will pick first for second round and the order simply reverses from there on (1234432112344321) see the pattern? Good.
Won't it only be 4 players per team? If so, your example would only go 123443211234; since the Captain would be the 4th player?
im simply using the pattern as an example TK, but yes ur right the capt would be 4th player. I was simply using this pattern to show how the snake works, it is not a representation of how the draft will actually go. it could be 123456654321, or 1234567891010987654321, really depend on the amount of captains needed. but yes it would only be 3 rounds cuz the capt is 4th.
DirtyAppomattox
Battle.net Name: DirtyAppomattox
Battle.net Char Code: 393

Post by DirtyAppomattox » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:50 pm

"talking to your mom..." Don't worry I can do both, and your mom does indeed abide.
#BMGM™
Korhal War Pigs ZHL #1
salonoza
Battle.net Name: Genius
Battle.net Char Code: 600

Post by salonoza » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:39 am

What's the channel name?
Teacher of the beautiful game of ice hockey
Contact me if you want me to analyze your play
Hunter