Winter Classic Recap

Navyseals
Battle.net Name: Provyseals
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Winter Classic Sign-Up's

Post by Navyseals » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:37 pm

Outstanding job to everyone who participated in the tournament. Although there was some issues, it still ran fine. Nothing can run perfect the first go around.
I tip my hat off to Reimers team for taking the win vs mine and cannot wait for a rematch. WE SHOULD SCHEDULE ANOTHER ONE VERY SOON! >:D

Already i see the game getting a boost in the ratings from the tournament. lets get another going asap!
brucecambell
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Re: Winter Classic Sign-Up's

Post by brucecambell » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:48 pm

so the idea of a draft started awhile ago.. the community was just picking up steam. so honestly Me maha and WF had no idea we would have this many registered players... then to have all these registered players actually show up!!. thats a lot to deal with in 30 mins lol. So in hindsight... drafting with this many people probably should be done a week or so away.... Now i know this was suggested but our counter point was what if people dont show? then wed be left with more headaches. so we decided to shoot this suggestion down...also the idea of a draft tourney was to bala out the teams.... we figured it was a first tourney and we didnt want to promote elitism... we wanted every match to have an even feel.... 8 games within a point... i believe we accomplished this.

The fact we had 16 teams was amazing... so give credit to yourselfs please for making this possible... we had no idea the community would turn out like this so its nice to see some people who really enjoy this game....I know this wasnt perfect, mostly referring to draft, but in the end not half bad eh? So now its up to EU to host the next tourney :)
Wildfire
Legend
Battle.net Name: WildFire
Battle.net Char Code: 427

Re: Winter Classic Recap

Post by Wildfire » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:31 pm

Cleaned up this thread and combined the recap topics from the signup thread into this topic.