ZHL UNION!

NSIC
Battle.net Name: NSIC
Battle.net Char Code: 318
Battle.net Server: NA

ZHL UNION!

Post by NSIC » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:36 am

We need a ZHL union! It seems like the rules are made up by the owners with no respect/rights given to players. From what I understand, owners have complete control. I suppose that's one way to run a league if you want the league to be dominated by the bias of 6 people.

I just got released from my team because my coach is on her period.....so much for a contract. Totally kicks me out as if a draft never happened and I would of been stuck as a free agent had I not found a team. Is this really how ZHL should be handled?
steezysteve
Battle.net Name: steezysteve
Battle.net Char Code: 828

Re: ZHL UNION!

Post by steezysteve » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:06 am

Tim Tebow got cut from the patriots despite signing a 2 year contract with them and I'm pretty sure he was in a union.
Unions exist to prevent abuses from the owners, until we see actual abuses there shouldn't be a need for unions
NSIC
Battle.net Name: NSIC
Battle.net Char Code: 318

Post by NSIC » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:37 am

Nice try with the comparison. According to law, a contract must be upheld or renegotiated according to its terms...sometimes renegotiated to a payout to invalidate the terms. Tell me knowledgeable one about the details of Tim Teabows contract? Perhaps give me the insider scope with the discussions between his lawyers and the team lawyers?....right. I hope you didn't sign the nondisclosure.

Clearly the term "contract" in the ZHL sense is a misnomer. Why not just call it the agreement you make where as a player you have no rights other than to bend over?

Look, I am on a team and really, ZHL is not my life in any sense of the word. Its up to the players to decide what protections they want in place before the abuse happens because clearly the owners aren't looking out for your welfare.
steezysteve
Battle.net Name: steezysteve
Battle.net Char Code: 828

Post by steezysteve » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:30 pm

As a player i don't see the point of setting up a union. I don't see what abuses the owner can really do to his players and I don't see how it would matter anyway since this is a video game. If i get cut tomorrow it's not like i lose out on much of anything
If f is a continuous real-valued function on a compact metric space M, then f is bounded on M.
ooter
Battle.net Name: ooter
Battle.net Char Code: 272

Post by ooter » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:09 am

NSIC wrote:We need a ZHL union! It seems like the rules are made up by the owners with no respect/rights given to players. From what I understand, owners have complete control. I suppose that's one way to run a league if you want the league to be dominated by the bias of 6 people.

I just got released from my team because my coach is on her period.....so much for a contract. Totally kicks me out as if a draft never happened and I would of been stuck as a free agent had I not found a team. Is this really how ZHL should be handled?
The thing about a player's union is that you don't go to the league to set one up. You just do it and ask players to join. If everyone (or most) players join, your union has some power because you can collectively bargain (negotiate) with the league. The owners can combat your union formation by locking out players who join the union. That's kinda gay though, and I don't think it would be necessary here since no real money is being exchanged, and this is all in good fun.

I'm a pretty satisfied customer right now. I love my team, I love my role within the team, and I like the league and its rules. I'll still join your union though because that sounds like fun too. You'll need to continue collecting people for your union until you have all or most players. You should make it clear the purpose of the union is to negotiate, not fight.

PS: I know I don't like you for some reason NSIC, but I can remember why, so I guess you skate (ha! accidental hockey reference) on that.

PS#2 (I was half way out the door for work, and came back in to write this one because I like it so much): Lets call it a player's association instead of a union.
Wildfire
Legend
Battle.net Name: WildFire
Battle.net Char Code: 427

Post by Wildfire » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:24 am

well theres also 1 major problem with a zhl union. Owners are also players, which never happens in sports. how can someone be on both sides of an argument?
ooter
Battle.net Name: ooter
Battle.net Char Code: 272

Post by ooter » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:14 pm

Wildfire wrote:well theres also 1 major problem with a zhl union. Owners are also players, which never happens in sports. how can someone be on both sides of an argument?
Michael Jordan
Wildfire
Legend
Battle.net Name: WildFire
Battle.net Char Code: 427

Post by Wildfire » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:24 pm

he never owned the bulls, he owned a team after he retired.
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: CN

Post by TeeKay » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:14 am

He didn't own the wizards, but he did coach AND play for them at the same time (in his 40s)
Ruckle
Battle.net Name: Ruckle
Battle.net Char Code: 627

Post by Ruckle » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:47 am

TeeKay wrote:He didn't own the wizards, but he did coach AND play for them at the same time (in his 40s)
pretty sure he was part owner / pres