Amendment to rules

Wildfire
Legend
Battle.net Name: WildFire
Battle.net Char Code: 427
Battle.net Server: NA

Amendment to rules

Post by Wildfire » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:34 pm

I'd like to draft a major amendment to the rules. These changes would include some things discussed and some other stuff as well
• Each player is allowed to negotiate their salary during the first quarter of the season with the owner. If no agreement is made by the deadline the player will become a free agent.
Change this rule to make a player become a restricted free agent meaning if they go to another team, you are allowed to match that price that the other team is offering.

Restricted free agents would not be allowed to play for their team.
• Each player is allowed to negotiate their salary during the first quarter of the season with the owner. If no agreement is made by the deadline the player will become a Restricted Free Agent. This means that a player is allowed to shop around and try to go to a new team, but when he is offered a pay and accepts it, the previous owner is allowed to pay that salary to keep the player on his roster. Teams can not re-offer.
• If a player drops or lags after the first period, the team is allowed to ask for a start from replay, each team is allowed to do this up to 1 time during a game.
This rule needs to be clarified. If a player is dropped, the game shall be restarted from replay (1 per team). If another drop happens (to the team who already dropped) then the owners / Captains must agree to restart from replay again or the team will play a man down for the remainder of the game.
• If the game lags, team captains or owners are allowed to ask for a restart up to 2 times (per team) in order to replace a player, the player will then be replaced and games will be restarted, any scores made during the previous games would not count.
Same as above, Shall be restarted up to 2 times before asking for captain / owners approval for more. Games must be restarted within 5 minutes of leaving the previous game or face a forfit.

Added: Restart from replay may also be done by restarting from the last completed period, or the exact point in which a player dropped. (can make a new game and call 1st period the next period that you are finishing from the previous game.

lag rule changed to...
• If a player drops or lags during the first period, the team of the dropped player, is allowed to call for a remake (completely remake the game) so long as it is still in the first period, each team is allowed to do this up to 3 time during a game.
• If a player drops after the first period, The team of the dropped player may have the game restarted from replay (up to 1 time for each team) From a point agreed apon prior to the drop. If no point can be agreed to, then you will restart from the end of the last period.
*Note: If the game is started from an end of period, you may make a new game and call that games first period the start of your game (2nd or 3rd period)
REplays!: All replays should be uploaded into folders in teamspeak. Each team would have their own folder.
• All replays from all games played for the ZHL shall be uploaded into the "ZHL Replay Channel" in each teams folder.
• All replays shall be named as follows "Week_TeamVS" Any games that are remade will have a _(Remake number) added to it.
also add mercy rule If a team goes up 10 points above another finish the game right There.
• When a team has 10 points over their opposing team, the game will be concluded right then and there. (Mercy Rule)
Discussion on if a player played first 2 weeks without signing then becoming restricted free agents, what penilties are there for the owner salary wise.
• If a team loses its drafted player because they did not sign them or because they drop them during the season, there will be a 15% Penalty of that players draft salary.
Thats all I have for now, Owners please comment Thanks!
Wildfire
Legend

Re: Amendment to rules

Post by Wildfire » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:58 pm

also add mercy rule If a team goes up 10 points above another finish the game right There.
brucecambell
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by brucecambell » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:19 am

so the first one is just changed from FA to RFA?... also there was some discussion about having a time limit for the game so that the warpig/threat agents incident wont happen again... say like 1hr or something that way pple cant just pause for 15 mins, or remake games an infinate amount of times if both owners agree to it.. there has to be a cutoff pt... the game has to end sometime...and there has to be a winner and a loser..

regarding resume from replay... its buggy so i feel like instead of trying to manipulate the rules to make it more "fair" lets just take it out completly. It seemed to be the final straw with the War/threat game, and id like to not deal with this in the future. Maybe just clarify your third amendment making it somehting along the lines of someone drops/lags rm entirely or from periods as u suggested... that way no one complains about bugs and unfair play.. and there should still be a limit to the number of RM's per team then after that your SOL man... sorry pple but shit happens and you have to deal.. there is no set of rules that we can draft up that will make it so everyone is happy.
DirtyAppomattox
Battle.net Name: DirtyAppomattox
Battle.net Char Code: 393

Post by DirtyAppomattox » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:49 am

What constitutes "lag" tho? I'll paint a scenario. Pants is playing like shit, at the start of the 3rd period Tura logs in. We claim Pants is experiencing lag and force a restart to field in Tura.

This is the abusable side we have to be mindful of.
#BMGM™
Korhal War Pigs ZHL #1
Teroh
Legend
Battle.net Name: Teroh
Battle.net Char Code: 773

Post by Teroh » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:56 am

DirtyAppomattox wrote:What constitutes "lag" tho? I'll paint a scenario. Pants is playing like shit, at the start of the 3rd period Tura logs in. We claim Pants is experiencing lag and force a restart to field in Tura.

I think the drop -> remake from same time with the same players makes sense, but I agree with Dirty: restarting the entire game with the ability to replace a player is a bit too much.
Wildfire
Legend

Post by Wildfire » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:37 pm

So how about a 3 rm limit within the first for drops, after you are allowed only 1 for a drop. If a drop happens your then forced to play a man down or forfeit the game.

As for dirtys remarks I feel that's more of a feature of the rule rather then a flaw, but if it's done as said above you use your only rm to get a new guy in, and if someone drops your really bad off, so it can go both ways.
Droplets
Battle.net Name: Droplets
Battle.net Char Code: 484

Post by Droplets » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:48 pm

In regards to what Brucy said, I think there should be a time limit for these remakes/games. As a player, I do not wish to sit there for a hour waiting for the other team to get their crap together just because of their "poverty internet" (Quoting the all Mighty Critt here) or whatever the hell that they might be doing.
DirtyAppomattox
Battle.net Name: DirtyAppomattox
Battle.net Char Code: 393

Post by DirtyAppomattox » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:50 pm

Wildfire wrote:As for dirtys remarks I feel that's more of a feature of the rule rather then a flaw,
well then prepare for a long season of rm's
#BMGM™
Korhal War Pigs ZHL #1
Wildfire
Legend

Post by Wildfire » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:53 pm

1 per team isn't bad
Teroh
Legend
Battle.net Name: Teroh
Battle.net Char Code: 773

Post by Teroh » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:13 pm

DirtyAppomattox wrote:What constitutes "lag" tho? I'll paint a scenario. Pants is playing like shit, at the start of the 3rd period Tura logs in. We claim Pants is experiencing lag and force a restart to field in Tura.

I think the aspect that Dirty is referring to is the rule allowing for a restart rather than a remake. For example, a team is down 5-2 in the third period with 10 seconds to go, but then one of their players pulls the ethernet cable out and drops. Entire game would be redone under the restart option.
Wildfire wrote:So how about a 3 rm limit within the first for drops, after you are allowed only 1 for a drop. If a drop happens your then forced to play a man down or forfeit the game.

As for dirtys remarks I feel that's more of a feature of the rule rather then a flaw, but if it's done as said above you use your only rm to get a new guy in, and if someone drops your really bad off, so it can go both ways.
And Wild seems to be discussing the drop rule purely from a remake stance. If you use your remake (not restart) to essentially sub a player, you're screwed if you actually encounter a drop or lag.

Basically I think the biggest issue is the ability to restart the whole game rather than remake from the same time.