Amendment to rules

Ruckle
Battle.net Name: Ruckle
Battle.net Char Code: 627
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Amendment to rules

Post by Ruckle » Mon May 05, 2014 11:57 am

Wildfire wrote:yeah that's kinda implyed, I guess I could add that little line in there but honestly I don't think its needed
"If a player drops or lags during the first period, the team of the dropped player, is allowed to call for a remake (completely remake the game) so long as it is still in the first period"

Complete remake does not sound implied to me, I think something should be added to clarify that the existing score will remain the same.
DirtyAppomattox
Battle.net Name: DirtyAppomattox
Battle.net Char Code: 393

Post by DirtyAppomattox » Mon May 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Ruckle wrote:
Wildfire wrote:yeah that's kinda implyed, I guess I could add that little line in there but honestly I don't think its needed
"If a player drops or lags during the first period, the team of the dropped player, is allowed to call for a remake (completely remake the game) so long as it is still in the first period"

Complete remake does not sound implied to me, I think something should be added to clarify that the existing score will remain the same.
Exactly. Clarification is needed. As is, this rule has every GM/capt deciding on whether a player is going to "dc" in the last 10sec of the first period.
#BMGM™
Korhal War Pigs ZHL #1
ooter
Battle.net Name: ooter
Battle.net Char Code: 272

Post by ooter » Tue May 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Wildfire wrote:No I think a goal is too much of a penilty, maybe a goal from points not from the current game, this means it won't effect win loss.

Also, ooter the reason I didn't use your rule is because you take up 2 pages of text with that rule, rules should be simple and easy to explain and convey anything over a sentice or 2 is too long.
That's true, it was pretty long. To be fair though, a lot of its length was examples and explanations, as well as me arguing the case for my proposal. It would be shorter in 'rule form'. Even removing the explanations and examples, you are right that it would be long. That's necessary to avoid problems though. My rule addresses the three important criteria.

1) Preserving game score with an exception for early lag.
2) Proper rounding of period times.
3) MOST IMPORTANTLY, it addresses how disputes should be resolved. That's the longest part, but also the most important.

It's as long as it needs to be to accomplish that. If you want rock solid rules that will prevent disputes and confusion, use my proposals.
Hunter
Battle.net Name: Hunter
Battle.net Char Code: 2379

Post by Hunter » Thu May 29, 2014 12:11 am

I think that if a player rq's or leaves the league there should be a penalty for them
1 They do not get any skin would be awarded to them.
2 Can Not play I the next season.
Hunter
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Fri May 30, 2014 10:04 pm

Hunter wrote:I think that if a player rq's or leaves the league there should be a penalty for them
1 They do not get any skin would be awarded to them.
2 Can Not play I the next season.
I agree that this has a negative impact on ZHL, but how would it be enforced? Couldn't a player just "not be able to make it" to the rest of the games?

The penalty is implicit already - if someone quits the league:

1. They aren't playing
2. They're less likely to play next season because owners will have a more difficult time trusting them
3. They won't get their salary (whenever salary actually means something..)
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
Derpo
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by Derpo » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:23 pm

God that red text makes my eyes bleed
cant read, new color pls