More rewording is needed
ooter
Battle.net Name: ooter
Battle.net Char Code: 272
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Amendment to rules

Post by ooter » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:12 pm

Wildfire wrote:
• If the game lags, team captains or owners are allowed to ask for a restart up to 2 times (per team) in order to replace a player, the player will then be replaced and games will be restarted, any scores made during the previous games would not count.
Same as above, Shall be restarted up to 2 times before asking for captain / owners approval for more. Games must be restarted within 5 minutes of leaving the previous game or face a forfit.

Added: Restart from replay may also be done by restarting from the last completed period, or the exact point in which a player dropped. (can make a new game and call 1st period the next period that you are finishing from the previous game.
How is it decided if a game is restarted from the beginning or from partially through? The losing team is going to want to start over, the winning team won't.

Here's how I'd word it...

If the game is immediately laggy, either team may ask for a restart from the beginning. Any score made within the first 20 seconds of the game would not count. If the game progresses beyond 20 seconds without either team requesting a lag restart, the game is considered to be in play. If an in play game begins to lag, it can be restarted mid-period with consent from both teams. The game clock would be rounded to the nearest period and play would resume from that point. For example, a game that starts lagging in period 2 at the 2:05 mark would be restarted from the beginning of period 3 if both teams consent. A game lagging with 2:00 elapsed in the third period would be restarted and resumed from the beginning of period 3. The clock used to determine rounding would be the clock reading when the game is first paused to complain of lag. If the clock is paused at 2:00, accidentally resumed (because another player simultaneously hit the pause button, or whatever), and repaused at 2:01, the first pause occurred at 2:00, which rounds down. If both teams don't agree to a rounded restart, the current period would need to be played out, and the game would be restarted from the next period. For example, the game starts lagging at 3:10 in the first. Only one team wants to restart. The game is played in lag until the end of period 1, and the game is restarted and resumed from period 2.

I think this wording closes most of the obvious loopholes while maintaining the intention of your proposed rule. It also avoids the use of resume from replay, which has some bugs (like drag boxes).
Wildfire
Legend
Battle.net Name: WildFire
Battle.net Char Code: 427

Post by Wildfire » Thu May 01, 2014 6:28 pm

I have updated and wrote how the rules would be rewriten in the red text. Everyone please review.
DirtyAppomattox
Battle.net Name: DirtyAppomattox
Battle.net Char Code: 393

Post by DirtyAppomattox » Thu May 01, 2014 6:41 pm

"• If a player drops or lags during the first period, the team of the dropped player, is allowed to call for a remake (completely remake the game) so long as it is still in the first period, each team is allowed to do this up to 3 time during a game.
• If a player drops after the first period, The team of the dropped player may have the game restarted from replay (up to 1 time for each team) From a point agreed apon prior to the drop. If no point can be agreed to, then you will restart from the end of the last period.
*Note: If the game is started from an end of period, you may make a new game and call that games first period the start of your game (2nd or 3rd period)"

↑ This is a recipe for nightmares.

I move to suggest that there should be a penalty incurred on the team that calls for remakes.
#BMGM™
Korhal War Pigs ZHL #1
ooter
Battle.net Name: ooter
Battle.net Char Code: 272

Post by ooter » Sun May 04, 2014 1:23 pm

DirtyAppomattox wrote:"• If a player drops or lags during the first period, the team of the dropped player, is allowed to call for a remake (completely remake the game) so long as it is still in the first period, each team is allowed to do this up to 3 time during a game.
• If a player drops after the first period, The team of the dropped player may have the game restarted from replay (up to 1 time for each team) From a point agreed apon prior to the drop. If no point can be agreed to, then you will restart from the end of the last period.
*Note: If the game is started from an end of period, you may make a new game and call that games first period the start of your game (2nd or 3rd period)"

I move to suggest that there should be a penalty incurred on the team that calls for remakes.
Yes it is. Very exploitable because people can call for remakes whenever they get behind.

Wild - Why not use my proposed rule? It is specifically designed not to be exploited like that.
Hunter
Battle.net Name: Hunter
Battle.net Char Code: 2379

Post by Hunter » Sun May 04, 2014 6:21 pm

DirtyAppomattox wrote:"• If a player drops or lags during the first period, the team of the dropped player, is allowed to call for a remake (completely remake the game) so long as it is still in the first period, each team is allowed to do this up to 3 time during a game.

1 free goal scored against them for remaking the game?
Hunter
Wildfire
Legend

Post by Wildfire » Mon May 05, 2014 11:22 am

No I think a goal is too much of a penilty, maybe a goal from points not from the current game, this means it won't effect win loss.

Also, ooter the reason I didn't use your rule is because you take up 2 pages of text with that rule, rules should be simple and easy to explain and convey anything over a sentice or 2 is too long.
Ruckle
Battle.net Name: Ruckle
Battle.net Char Code: 627

Post by Ruckle » Mon May 05, 2014 11:38 am

When remaking teams should assume the score is the same as it was in the previous game.

Example: Team A scores 2 goals in the first period and afterwords someone on Team B drops.

When the game is restarted it is assumed (even if the score at the top doesn't represent this) that team A already has a 2:0 Lead.

Completely remaking games could easily be exploited.. so if this is added I don't see any other issues with your rules wild.
Wildfire
Legend

Post by Wildfire » Mon May 05, 2014 11:47 am

yeah that's kinda implyed, I guess I could add that little line in there but honestly I don't think its needed
DirtyAppomattox
Battle.net Name: DirtyAppomattox
Battle.net Char Code: 393

Post by DirtyAppomattox » Mon May 05, 2014 11:48 am

Ruckle wrote:When remaking teams should assume the score is the same as it was in the previous game.

Example: Team A scores 2 goals in the first period and afterwords someone on Team B drops.

When the game is restarted it is assumed (even if the score at the top doesn't represent this) that team A already has a 2:0 Lead.

Completely remaking games could easily be exploited.. so if this is added I don't see any other issues with your rules wild.
I am fine with this. There should be a cushion however. Say, 20seconds prior to a dc any scores made do not count. Or whatever time limit seems fair so that we aren't counting scores that were made that could be argued a result of the dc itself.
#BMGM™
Korhal War Pigs ZHL #1