Owners Meeting

Wildfire
Legend
Battle.net Name: WildFire
Battle.net Char Code: 427
Battle.net Server: NA

Owners Meeting

Post by Wildfire » Sun May 11, 2014 11:22 am

Owners meeting will be on Mon, May 26 at 8pm EDT All owners need to be there, Some of the things we will be covering are below.

Transition of power (owners selling their teams or wanting to not be owners after a season)
  • ATM, we have a few owners who want to give someone else their team so that they can just be a player. we will need rules and stuff for this who is allowed to get the team? should it be next in line to be an owner or should the owner of the team have a say who he sells/gives it to? If the previous owner sells the team is that owner still locked to that team? what about that persons salary?
what to do with Extra Salary left over from season 1
  • should we do like in the NFL and award teams who use less then their max salary by retaining 25-40% of that extra salary room for cap room for the next season? what number is the right number there?
Signing players
  • This will be changed next season, players will be required to post in the salary threads that they do accept the salary that teams offered. maybe teams should each have their own topic in which they can keep track of it just to make the forums a little cleaner?
Salary only store
  • This season there has been many points as to why people should not care about salary, I say we make a salary only store, reputed supports this idea and says it will take time to make.
New commissioner voting
  • not sure if its in the rules but I wanna make the commissioner only last for 1 season, then he has to be voted in again.
Salary skin awards
  • if we do get a salary store up and running, I think we should remove these skins and make them in game salary purchasable. This would make a lot more sense and allow us to award true mvp's in the league for stats and stuff.
Amount of time between season?
  • We should have a decent offseason, but I don't think we should make it too long. I suggest about 2 months but I'd like to hear everyone's elses thoughts on the matter.
Pre-season matches?
  • Should we have a pre-season where we have say 2 weeks of games where we can evaluate our players before being required to sign them before the league regular season starts?
Replay penalties:
  • what should the penalty be for not uploading replays? is a 10 salary hit too much per replay?
Players playing a minimal number of games
  • Should there be a limit as to how many games each player on a team is forced to play? What if you drop a player does he need # of games before you can drop him? What about traded players?
Drop deadline
  • we should have a date where after this date we are not allowed to drop anyone off of our rosters. This would be so that people do not abuse the 25% penilty and the % of your extra salary this year goes to next years.
Hunter
Battle.net Name: Hunter
Battle.net Char Code: 2379

Re: Owners Meeting

Post by Hunter » Sun May 11, 2014 11:31 am

Wildfire wrote:Owners meeting will be on Mon, May 26 at 8pm EDT All owners need to be there, Some of the things we will be covering are below.

Transition of power (owners selling their teams or wanting to not be owners after a season)
  • ATM, we have a few owners who want to give someone else their team so that they can just be a player. we will need rules and stuff for this who is allowed to get the team? should it be next in line to be an owner or should the owner of the team have a say who he sells/gives it to? If the previous owner sells the team is that owner still locked to that team? what about that persons salary?
At the end of seasons Owners can (retire) become a player instead. The People who asked to be an owned should get first dibs on the team they want. They Can create a new one if theres room for a new one.or pass on the team to another owner who is waiting. If the owner sold the team he should have 2 choices ( Go to free Agency Or ask the Owner to stay and negotiate a salary.
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Hunter » Sun May 11, 2014 11:38 am

Wildfire wrote:Owners meeting will be on Mon, May 26 at 8pm EDT All owners need to be there, Some of the things we will be covering are below.

what to do with Extra Salary left over from season 1
  • should we do like in the NFL and award teams who use less then their max salary by retaining 25-40% of that extra salary room for cap room for the next season? what number is the right number there?
Extra Salary Could Go to the coach to co-exist. with the store thing. You might think then all owners will drop their players salary but now players will want skins too. So it would make the want to negotiate.

Signing players
  • This will be changed next season, players will be required to post in the salary threads that they do accept the salary that teams offered. maybe teams should each have their own topic in which they can keep track of it just to make the forums a little cleaner?
I agree

Salary only store
  • This season there has been many points as to why people should not care about salary, I say we make a salary only store, reputed supports this idea and says it will take time to make.
I agree with this

New commissioner voting
  • not sure if its in the rules but I wanna make the commissioner only last for 1 season, then he has to be voted in again.
I agree with this

Amount of time between season?
  • We should have a decent offseason, but I don't think we should make it too long. I suggest about 2 months but I'd like to hear everyone's elses thoughts on the matter.
I think this one and the one below should be combined. So the Scouting is during the offseason

Pre-season matches?[/color]
  • Should we have a pre-season where we have say 2 weeks of games where we can evaluate our players before being required to sign them before the league regular season starts?
Replay penalties:
  • what should the penalty be for not uploading replays? is a 10 salary hit too much per replay?

Next Season it should be yes it might be arguably too much . I did not have teamspeak until last night after the game
Last edited by Hunter on Sun May 11, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Hunter » Sun May 11, 2014 11:40 am

posted what I thought. just incase I don't make it. No Non owners post plz
Hunter
Wildfire
Legend

Post by Wildfire » Sun May 11, 2014 11:57 am

Hunter wrote:posted what I thought. just incase I don't make it. No Non owners post plz

L2Quote please, I fixed both of your posts.
Hunter

Post by Hunter » Sun May 11, 2014 12:25 pm

Ehh I put replies n between each section
Hunter
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: CN

Post by TeeKay » Sun May 11, 2014 1:09 pm

Wildfire wrote:
I'm not an owner but I definitely don't agree with this one. The other ones on the list are solid but this one is bad because it is a surprise -- it wasn't talked about in the rules it seems so there wasn't any reason for owners to not use their salary given.
Wildfire
Legend

Post by Wildfire » Sun May 11, 2014 1:54 pm

TeeKay wrote:
Wildfire wrote:
I'm not an owner but I definitely don't agree with this one. The other ones on the list are solid but this one is bad because it is a surprise -- it wasn't talked about in the rules it seems so there wasn't any reason for owners to not use their salary given.
yeah I kinda agree but right now theres no incentive. why should I save my 500 salary? what use was that? I get no reward for it.
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Server: CN

Post by TeeKay » Sun May 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Wildfire wrote:
TeeKay wrote:
Wildfire wrote:
yeah I kinda agree but right now theres no incentive. why should I save my 500 salary? what use was that? I get no reward for it.

I agree with you, but it wasn't established before the season. If this was a rule implemented in season 3 so that everyone knows in season 2, I would completely be for it.
brucecambell
Battle.net Name:

Post by brucecambell » Sun May 11, 2014 9:24 pm

Add players playing a minimum number of games