ZHL (Zealot Hockey League) General Discussion Thread

RusH
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: ZHL (Zealot Hockey League) General Discussion Thread

Post by RusH » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:20 am

Ehh that sucks. Just do it your way man it's their fault for not speaking up if they didn't like it.
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: CN

Post by TeeKay » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:07 am

Kyle wrote:
RusH wrote:What's the hold up with ZHLS2?
I would assume it has something to do with Wildfire's continued absence with regards to Zealot Hockey. He may be waiting for the owners to come to an agreement on how to handle the draft, but nobody's being very proactive about getting it going. Very few owners are speaking up about it; it's mostly players saying "Giff ZHL plx."
At some point the commissioner has to just suspend people for domestic violence for 2 games to show he's serious about DV and then make the executive decision on the draft. I think people will fall in line once details are dictated.
Kyle
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kyle
Battle.net Char Code: 1512

Post by Kyle » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:44 am

Maybe a better means of communication than a post on the thirteenth page of a forum thread could be found for getting owners to contribute to the conversation. PM... Email... B.net chat... Just a thought.
Moon
Battle.net Name: Moon
Battle.net Char Code: 407

Post by Moon » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:24 am

Kyle wrote:Maybe a better means of communication than a post on the thirteenth page of a forum thread could be found for getting owners to contribute to the conversation. PM... Email... B.net chat... Just a thought.
and owners who are more active in the community or more proactive about getting the wheels rolling

if current owners are MIA or apathetic towards it, bounce em and find someone who gives a shit :D
Kyle
Legend

Post by Kyle » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:27 am

Moon wrote:
if current owners are MIA or apathetic towards it, bounce em and find someone who gives a shit :D
+1

And in all seriousness, is this community really capable of sustaining a 10 team league for a full season? Seems a bit ambitious to me, considering the 8 team tournaments that weren't full during the off-season.
Wildfire
Legend
Battle.net Name: WildFire
Battle.net Char Code: 427

Post by Wildfire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:19 am

at the end of season one we were able to, and before that too, sadly I feel the community is shrinking not growing.
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:09 pm

[rant]The community is shrinking because we've waited so long to start up ZHL again, and all of the tournaments have mostly been failures. It's too difficult to get a hundred people to show up at the same time on a particular day. ZHL avoided this problem, and that is why it was successful. The next ZHL will do the same. There are many players who are waiting for ZHL Season 2 to start up before they start actively playing again.

I think offseason should be 1 month, not 2. Tournaments need to be organized better, and we shouldn't have so many. I'd rather have 1 big successful offseason tournament than 3 mediocre ones that make people lose faith in the community.

Owners should have to be approved for competency and activity. We shouldn't just be giving owner to anyone who asks. I'm not going to name names, but there are 1 or more owners who don't even log on sc2. One of them I've never even seen before in the zealot hockey group, and I'm pretty active myself.

And if an owner says tl;dr and won't read the rules, they shouldn't be an owner. If someone is unwilling to read for 10 minutes, they obviously don't care enough to merit being an owner.

The commissioner should log on sc2 once in a blue moon, or they shouldn't be the commissioner.

Everyone needs to be more proactive, or this community is going to shrink. [/rant]
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
Kholin
Battle.net Name: Kholin
Battle.net Char Code: 610

Post by Kholin » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:25 pm

The community grows through events like the ZHL, and the sooner we start it up, the sooner we can start our community thriving. People who don't play as much will play more to be more competitive for the ZHL, and players who quit may come back. Also, a good way to get new players to play consistently and get better is a well done free-agent system. We need to start the ZHLS2 ASAP, and sitting around isn't going to do anything but lose community interest.
      • Dont worry, Im a Koalafied goalie
Wildfire
Legend
Battle.net Name: WildFire
Battle.net Char Code: 427

Post by Wildfire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:52 pm

well I'm willing to give up commish is someone wants to take this ball and get rolling.
Kyle
Legend

Post by Kyle » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:57 pm

Wildfire wrote:well I'm willing to give up commish is someone wants to take this ball and get rolling.
I'll tackle it if no one objects. Cancel/postpone the buy-in and I'd plan on getting ZHL started by September.