Season 14 Commissioner

User avatar
KagaRoshi
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:11 am
Battle.net Name: KagaRoshi
Battle.net Char Code: 1835
Battle.net Server: NA
Location: Canada British Columbia
Contact:

Season 14 Commissioner

Post by KagaRoshi » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:26 pm

Hello everyone, Season 13 is coming closer to a end with two weeks left of playoffs, so get those resumes out people ZH Season 14 awaits, I am still waiting on anyone to sign up to be commissioner next season, so if you are interested send me a pm about maybe some ideas you have and we will go from there.

-Signed: KagaRoshi
If you read this, I succeeded in wasting your time.
htcp
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:45 am
Battle.net Name: htcp
Battle.net Char Code: 332
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Season 14 Commissioner

Post by htcp » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:12 pm

ty for being commish this season
i'm tom
User avatar
KagaRoshi
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:11 am
Battle.net Name: KagaRoshi
Battle.net Char Code: 1835
Battle.net Server: NA
Location: Canada British Columbia
Contact:

Re: Season 14 Commissioner

Post by KagaRoshi » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:38 am

htcp wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:12 pm
ty for being commish this season
Anytime! thanks for playing :) always enjoy watching some tom games, good luck in the semis!!!
If you read this, I succeeded in wasting your time.
User avatar
iFound
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:08 pm
Battle.net Name: iFound
Battle.net Char Code: 1907
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Season 14 Commissioner

Post by iFound » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:13 pm

Is this tom's bid on s14 commish. I vote for tom
"Why speak always just play and lets go see who can speak alot after :/" - EU Goalie
User avatar
percial
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:36 am
Battle.net Name: Squirtle
Battle.net Char Code: 181
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Season 14 Commissioner

Post by percial » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:44 pm

Whoever commish is for S14, needs to do away with the god-awful standings-points sytem.

I mean honestly, in what fucking world does a team with MORE WINS in a points tie, get 3rd seed instead of second?
Zerus and Shak both had 27 points on the season. Zerus won NINE game, and Shak won TEN. I mean is our scoring system so dysfunctional that an outright win (in any fashion, S/O, OT, REG) is less meaningful than the way in which the game was won?

Its just retarded. At the LEAST, we need a redistribution of points from games, to where a S/O loss is not equal to an OT Tie.

In any sport in the world, a win is a win, they aren't conditional. I do think Zerus is the better team this season, and I take nothing away from them. They are valiant competitors and certainly the team to fear, but its literally insane that a 27 point tie goes to the team with less WINS...

**Also - Who the FUCK wants to look at 3+ columns on the standings table, in order to calculate Loss totals??!?!?!?!? - Can we please have a simple W/L column? The more I think about the weight of the fashion of the win/loss the more it pisses me off.

SIDE NOTE - @Kaga - you have been a tremendous Commish this season. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. You did an excellent job. I would like to nominate you for a second term of service!

That is all.
-Perschle
Image Percial, formerly known as Squirtle, formerly known as Percial.
User avatar
Mets
Commissioner
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:40 am
Battle.net Name: Mets
Battle.net Char Code: 1582
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Season 14 Commissioner

Post by Mets » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:05 am

percial wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:44 pm
Whoever commish is for S14, needs to do away with the god-awful standings-points sytem.

I mean honestly, in what fucking world does a team with MORE WINS in a points tie, get 3rd seed instead of second?
Zerus and Shak both had 27 points on the season. Zerus won NINE game, and Shak won TEN. I mean is our scoring system so dysfunctional that an outright win (in any fashion, S/O, OT, REG) is less meaningful than the way in which the game was won?

Its just retarded. At the LEAST, we need a redistribution of points from games, to where a S/O loss is not equal to an OT Tie.

In any sport in the world, a win is a win, they aren't conditional. I do think Zerus is the better team this season, and I take nothing away from them. They are valiant competitors and certainly the team to fear, but its literally insane that a 27 point tie goes to the team with less WINS...

**Also - Who the FUCK wants to look at 3+ columns on the standings table, in order to calculate Loss totals??!?!?!?!? - Can we please have a simple W/L column? The more I think about the weight of the fashion of the win/loss the more it pisses me off.

SIDE NOTE - @Kaga - you have been a tremendous Commish this season. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. You did an excellent job. I would like to nominate you for a second term of service!

That is all.
-Perschle
I think real life hockey uses this type of points system in its standings, it's the only sport I know of that does that.
User avatar
JMoney
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:34 am
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Season 14 Commissioner

Post by JMoney » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:15 am

Tie breakers have been awful for a very long time. Regulation/Overtime wins should be king. Goal differential is a borderline meaningless stat and it's the #1 tiebreaker lol

NHL tiebreakers for reference:
1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
^ should be irrelevant in playoff tiebeaker
2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
3.The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
4. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season.
Basically goal differential is only used in the very unlikely situation where teams are tied in all other facets
User avatar
KagaRoshi
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:11 am
Battle.net Name: KagaRoshi
Battle.net Char Code: 1835
Battle.net Server: NA
Location: Canada British Columbia
Contact:

Re: Season 14 Commissioner

Post by KagaRoshi » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:12 am

percial wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:44 pm
SIDE NOTE - @Kaga - you have been a tremendous Commish this season. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. You did an excellent job. I would like to nominate you for a second term of service!
Thanks a lot Percial!!! glad to have done my part :) and I totally would commish next season but there is a rule making any commish ineligible for two seasons in a row, but I am happy to come back for S15!!!, also yeah I know the tie-breaker rule is annoying, but sadly just how it is :(
If you read this, I succeeded in wasting your time.
User avatar
MrAlerteyes
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 9:53 pm
Battle.net Name: MrAlerteyes
Battle.net Char Code: 583
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Season 14 Commissioner

Post by MrAlerteyes » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:02 pm

KagaRoshi wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:12 am
percial wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:44 pm
SIDE NOTE - @Kaga - you have been a tremendous Commish this season. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. You did an excellent job. I would like to nominate you for a second term of service!
Thanks a lot Percial!!! glad to have done my part :) and I totally would commish next season but there is a rule making any commish ineligible for two seasons in a row, but I am happy to come back for S15!!!, also yeah I know the tie-breaker rule is annoying, but sadly just how it is :(
Kaga 4 season 14 commish
ZHL Season 8 Champion - Kaldir Yetis

http://www.youtube.com/HaterTotsGaming - For my top tier youtube channel!
User avatar
Watermelon
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:34 pm
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Season 14 Commissioner

Post by Watermelon » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:35 pm

KagaRoshi wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:12 am
percial wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:44 pm
SIDE NOTE - @Kaga - you have been a tremendous Commish this season. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. You did an excellent job. I would like to nominate you for a second term of service!
Thanks a lot Percial!!! glad to have done my part :) and I totally would commish next season but there is a rule making any commish ineligible for two seasons in a row, but I am happy to come back for S15!!!, also yeah I know the tie-breaker rule is annoying, but sadly just how it is :(
I wrote that rule to get myself out of commissioner a second season. Feel free to delete it. You did a very good job this season and I don’t think anyone would mind a repeat
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
Post Reply