Zealot Hockey League Season Two - SIGN UP INSTRUCTIONS HERE

Teroh
Legend
Battle.net Name: Teroh
Battle.net Char Code: 773
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Zealot Hockey League Season Two - SIGN UP INSTRUCTIONS H

Post by Teroh » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:31 pm

CountryKen wrote:Kargentine is terohs bomb ass girlfriend ... but she loves me .. so its awkward
Vapour
Battle.net Name: Valour
Battle.net Char Code: 273

Post by Vapour » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:42 pm

Vapour wrote:Why don't we just have set trophies for end of the league like the NHL does, here are some examples;

(Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy) - Awarded to the top goal scorer in the regular season
(William M. Jennings Trophy) - Awarded to the goalkeeper(s) having played a minimum of 1/3 games for the team with the fewest goals scored against it in the regular season
(Frank J. Selke Trophy) - Awarded to the forward who best excels in the defensive aspects of the game
(Jack Adams Award) - Awarded to the coach adjudged to have contributed the most to his team's success
(Ted Lindsay Award) - Awarded to the most outstanding player as selected by the members of the community
(Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy) - Awarded to the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to zealot hockey
(Conn Smythe Trophy) - Awarded to the most valuable player for his team in the playoffs
(James Norris Memorial Trophy) - Awarded to the defenseman who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position
(Art Ross Trophy) - Awarded to the player who leads the league in total points at the end of the regular season
(Vezina Trophy) - Awarded to the league's top goaltender
(Lady Byng Memorial Trophy) - Awarded to the player who exhibited outstanding sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability
(Hart Memorial Trophy) - Awarded to the league's most valuable player
I've said this in the one of the ZHL1 threads, but I think this would be a good idea to give players more incentive to play during the season.
Kyle
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kyle
Battle.net Char Code: 1512

Post by Kyle » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:46 pm

Vapour wrote:
Vapour wrote:Why don't we just have set trophies for end of the league like the NHL does, here are some examples;

(Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy) - Awarded to the top goal scorer in the regular season
(William M. Jennings Trophy) - Awarded to the goalkeeper(s) having played a minimum of 1/3 games for the team with the fewest goals scored against it in the regular season
(Frank J. Selke Trophy) - Awarded to the forward who best excels in the defensive aspects of the game
(Jack Adams Award) - Awarded to the coach adjudged to have contributed the most to his team's success
(Ted Lindsay Award) - Awarded to the most outstanding player as selected by the members of the community
(Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy) - Awarded to the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to zealot hockey
(Conn Smythe Trophy) - Awarded to the most valuable player for his team in the playoffs
(James Norris Memorial Trophy) - Awarded to the defenseman who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position
(Art Ross Trophy) - Awarded to the player who leads the league in total points at the end of the regular season
(Vezina Trophy) - Awarded to the league's top goaltender
(Lady Byng Memorial Trophy) - Awarded to the player who exhibited outstanding sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability
(Hart Memorial Trophy) - Awarded to the league's most valuable player
Most of those kinds of trophies should be doable. What's the prize, aside from a cool title and bragging rights? I don't know if we could count on rep to implement even more skins/goal horns.
I've said this in the one of the ZHL1 threads, but I think this would be a good idea to give players more incentive to play during the season.
Vapour
Battle.net Name: Valour
Battle.net Char Code: 273

Post by Vapour » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:35 pm

I don't really have any good ideas atm, but one could be having a list naming the trophy winners on the loading screen when the league is finished.
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: CN

Post by TeeKay » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Vapour wrote:I don't really have any good ideas atm, but one could be having a list naming the trophy winners on the loading screen when the league is finished.
I just think these awards (or most of them) it would be good enough to just have on the loading screen. However, that is too many awards :P. The ones I like are:

(Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy) - Top Goalscorer
(Why is there not one for assists?) -- maybe just make the Art Ross Trophy the Assists one?
(Jack Adams Award) - Best Owner (management, not skill)
(Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy) - Fair Play Award
(James Norris Memorial Trophy) - Best Defenseman
(Vezina Trophy) - Top Goaltender
(Hart Memorial Trophy) - Regular season MVP
(Conn Smythe Trophy) - Playoff MVP
Tura
Battle.net Name: Tura
Battle.net Char Code: 505

Post by Tura » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:41 pm

TeeKay wrote:(Bait Masterson Memorial Trophy) - Plays only with self award
j/k

I think superlative awards would be fun though.
...and a big smile to go with it.
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Chris Paul on Ice Trophy - Most assists in the regular season
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
Cafca
Battle.net Name: Rhonas
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by Cafca » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:09 pm

ima goalie and a skater this ZHL season. I expect to play as both this upcoming season.
icinevitable
Battle.net Name: Icinevitable
Battle.net Char Code: 849

Post by icinevitable » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:46 pm

can i get into the zhl season 2 any way or is it too late i see it start tommorrow and can play if there is any team in need of an extra player, idk how it goes but i would love too play and am not a bad player ;) !
Wildfire
Legend
Battle.net Name: WildFire
Battle.net Char Code: 427

Post by Wildfire » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:22 pm

icinevitable wrote:can i get into the zhl season 2 any way or is it too late i see it start tommorrow and can play if there is any team in need of an extra player, idk how it goes but i would love too play and am not a bad player ;) !
you can sign up to be a free agent.