Playoff Schedule - Part Deux (That's French for Two)

What scheduling option works best for the Playoffs?

Spread it out and schedule games in existing ZHL timeslots only, making each series span over multiple days. Playoffs would last 2 to 4 weeks total, depending on the length of each series.
18
53%
Two consecutive Sundays, likely cramming 6 to 10 hours of Zealot Hockey into each between ZHL and Probe League. Round 1 on the first Sunday, Semi-Finals & Finals on the second.
1
3%
Three consecutive Sundays: Round 1 on the first, Semi-Finals on the second, and Finals on the third.
15
44%
 
Total votes: 34
Wildfire
Legend
Posts: 664
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:17 am
Battle.net Name: WildFire
Battle.net Char Code: 427
Battle.net Server: NA
Location: No Where, And Everywhere

Re: Playoff Schedule - Part Deux (That's French for Two)

Post by Wildfire » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:43 pm

daggius2 wrote:fuck sundays

we need the constant daily stream action or will go into withdrawal
^^^ This@@
User avatar
ooter
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:08 pm
Battle.net Name: ooter
Battle.net Char Code: 272
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Playoff Schedule - Part Deux (That's French for Two)

Post by ooter » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:28 pm

Yesssss it's tied :D
User avatar
RusH
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:07 pm
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Playoff Schedule - Part Deux (That's French for Two)

Post by RusH » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:45 pm

The 1st option seems very interesting. Going to go with that one even though there's a chance it could take a week longer to finish up the playoffs.


Edit; Unless if Sunday wins we can have a revote of just option 2 vs option 3..
User avatar
ooter
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:08 pm
Battle.net Name: ooter
Battle.net Char Code: 272
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Playoff Schedule - Part Deux (That's French for Two)

Post by ooter » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:38 am

RusH wrote:The 1st option seems very interesting. Going to go with that one even though there's a chance it could take a week longer to finish up the playoffs.


Edit; Unless if Sunday wins we can have a revote of just option 2 vs option 3..
That would be the methodologically correct way to structure the poll.

But more importantly, I notice the first option is winning by two, which means if you switch your vote, we can get that tie...
User avatar
RusH
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:07 pm
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Playoff Schedule - Part Deux (That's French for Two)

Post by RusH » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:37 am

What does Kyle say about that revote if option 3 wins?
User avatar
ooter
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:08 pm
Battle.net Name: ooter
Battle.net Char Code: 272
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Playoff Schedule - Part Deux (That's French for Two)

Post by ooter » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:59 pm

I'm surprised option 1 has so many votes. Have you guys thought about how much downtime everyone who doesn't make the playoffs or is eliminated early is going to have in that scenario? One of the things people talked about before season 2 was having a shorter off season. If we reduce the off season before season 3, but have lengthy playoffs this season, we'll have the same long downtime for most players as we did between season 1 and 2.
Wildfire
Legend
Posts: 664
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:17 am
Battle.net Name: WildFire
Battle.net Char Code: 427
Battle.net Server: NA
Location: No Where, And Everywhere

Re: Playoff Schedule - Part Deux (That's French for Two)

Post by Wildfire » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:13 pm

BO5 means 10 games (1 weeks worth of zhl) for 1 round. so in all honestly it would take 2 and a half weeks worst case if we go with option one. whereas option 2 takes 3 weeks to complete with no zhl during the week....

Ooter please explain how there is more downtime in option 1?
User avatar
ooter
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:08 pm
Battle.net Name: ooter
Battle.net Char Code: 272
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Playoff Schedule - Part Deux (That's French for Two)

Post by ooter » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Wildfire wrote:BO5 means 10 games (1 weeks worth of zhl) for 1 round. so in all honestly it would take 2 and a half weeks worst case if we go with option one. whereas option 2 takes 3 weeks to complete with no zhl during the week....

Ooter please explain how there is more downtime in option 1?
I might be wrong. I just saw "2-4 weeks" in the vote option (and really I only noticed the 4 weeks part). If option 1 gives us a quicker schedule, I'm all for it.
User avatar
Kurt_58
Legend
Posts: 615
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:39 pm
Battle.net Name: Kurt
Battle.net Char Code: 638
Battle.net Server: NA
Location: Hell. It's cold here.

Re: Playoff Schedule - Part Deux (That's French for Two)

Post by Kurt_58 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:56 pm

ooter wrote:
Wildfire wrote:BO5 means 10 games (1 weeks worth of zhl) for 1 round. so in all honestly it would take 2 and a half weeks worst case if we go with option one. whereas option 2 takes 3 weeks to complete with no zhl during the week....

Ooter please explain how there is more downtime in option 1?
I might be wrong. I just saw "2-4 weeks" in the vote option (and really I only noticed the 4 weeks part). If option 1 gives us a quicker schedule, I'm all for it.
tl;dr version
>ooter got rekt by wildfire
Kyle
Legend
Posts: 511
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:45 pm
Battle.net Name: Kyle
Battle.net Char Code: 1512
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Playoff Schedule - Part Deux (That's French for Two)

Post by Kyle » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:03 pm

I'm basically figuring the vote has concluded at this point, I just haven't had the time to figure out the schedule. Hopefully I can do that tonight.

But the hypothetical planning I did for myself about a week ago, when option 1 held a commanding lead, says it'll take 2 weeks and a day, starting on the Sunday following the regular season, and ending two Sundays later. It wouldn't be 100% existing time slots, because we'd probably add a late Friday slot here or there for any Game 5's there are to ensure each round is completed within a week, and the Finals would all take place on that last Sunday.

And no, I don't see a reason to re-vote again at this point. The 2 Sundays option ended up with 1 vote, so it was basically only a "top 2 choices" vote-off, anyway.
Locked