ZHL All Star Game

Kyle
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kyle
Battle.net Char Code: 1512
Battle.net Server: NA

ZHL All Star Game

Post by Kyle » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:24 am

Due to phpBB poll limitations, please find a poll for the participants of the ZHL All Star Game here. Vote now!

The poll will remain open until October 5, one week before the beginning of the playoffs, OR until one week before the as-yet unscheduled All Star Game, whichever comes first. This leaves us with another question, however, which we can discuss in this thread: When should we hold the All Star Game? The Sunday afternoon that playoffs begin? The Sunday night after the playoffs are over? The last Sunday afternoon of the regular season?
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: CN

Re: ZHL All Star Game

Post by TeeKay » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:48 pm

Why does BigD only have 1 vote?
Ranchinator
Battle.net Name: Ranchinator
Battle.net Char Code: 131

Post by Ranchinator » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:40 pm

I think the better question is why does Teroh have 0 votes..?
Best Captain S5, Best Sportsmanship S5.
Teroh
Legend
Battle.net Name: Teroh
Battle.net Char Code: 773

Post by Teroh » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:46 pm

Ranchinator wrote:I think the better question is why does Teroh have 0 votes..?
Kyle
Legend

Post by Kyle » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:46 pm

How should we go about scheduling the All Star Game? The Saturday between regular season and playoffs? The Sunday afternoon before playoffs begin? Or should I just ask the All Star captains when voting closes to sort out a time between themselves?
Kaioken
Battle.net Name: Kaioken
Battle.net Char Code: 266

Post by Kaioken » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Sometime before the playoffs and not on the same day as the playoffs.
Kyle
Legend

Post by Kyle » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:41 pm

Kaioken wrote:Sometime before the playoffs and not on the same day as the playoffs.
Pretty much has to be the Saturday between the season and the playoffs to fit that criteria, unless we're gonna try to squeeze it into the last week of the season somewhere.
xNCrush
Battle.net Name: Crush
Battle.net Char Code: 1661

Post by xNCrush » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:04 am

How do we feel about a probie all star game as well? Like young stars at the NHL all star game.
Kyle
Legend

Post by Kyle » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 am

xNCrush wrote:How do we feel about a probie all star game as well? Like young stars at the NHL all star game.
I think people are gonna have a hard enough time figuring out who to vote Probe League MVP (Darsiris Trophy), let alone the top 8. Lot of people just don't pay attention to people at our level, Crush :/
Kyle
Legend

Post by Kyle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:47 pm

If you only voted for one skater in the ZHL All Star vote, your vote has been deleted. You should (hopefully) be able to vote again, but the minimum is now 3. If you can't vote again... I'm sorry, but you probably shouldn't be voting if you can't find 3 names on that list you like enough to vote for as All Stars, anyway.

This was a drastic measure I apologize for having to take, but there were one or more persons, whom I will not name, that were very clearly exploiting a vulnerability in the poll system's ability to check for duplicate votes. Security measures have been increased in addition to the new minimum.

But even if you are able to exploit such a vulnerability in this or future polls, please do the honorable thing. Don't. The purpose of the All Star Game is to see the very best players of Zealot Hockey play against each other. We get one opportunity to see this happen every season. We don't need people who just want to stroke their own epeen getting in the way of that. So please; allow the community as a whole to determine who's playing in this game. Don't play God. Suspicious activity is pretty obvious, anyway.