Probe League Playoff Eligibility

Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Probe League Playoff Eligibility

Post by Watermelon » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:33 pm

Arbiter will be a gr8 probe league hero.

Please keep TownKrier ineligible from skating in the probe playoffs. Guy is a terrible skater, and will ruin the bala
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
Teroh
Legend
Battle.net Name: Teroh
Battle.net Char Code: 773

Post by Teroh » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:43 pm

TeeKay wrote:I'm against all of those suggestions so far lol. Those are ZHL quality players. Play in the ZHL playoffs. Let probies play in the ZHPL tourney.
+1
If we're handing out exceptions, Proster is my goalie. Dumb, right? Let's not make exceptions for one player, because then everyone wants them. It gets stupid really fast. The cutoff was 4 games, I think that's reasonable. Let the PROBE league players play the PROBE league playoffs. The probe league was set up for them, not ZHL players who want to play as top probies.
Kyle
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kyle
Battle.net Char Code: 1512

Post by Kyle » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Trying to tally votes on the requests that have been made so far. For the record, AlertEyes never played as goalie in a ZHL game, so he doesn't need a vote to be able to do that in Probe. Nobody's passed yet, but Perplex is getting close as a skater.
RusH
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by RusH » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:53 pm

Well said Teroh. No exceptions should be made. More than 4 games? STRIKE 3 YOU'RE OUT!
htcp
Battle.net Name: htcp
Battle.net Char Code: 332

Post by htcp » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:49 pm

i'm ready to be probe league hero
i'm tom
Kyle
Legend

Post by Kyle » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:59 am

New stipulation to the ZHL player exception has been added: If you don't have enough eligible players, a maximum of two ineligible players can play in a role they did not play in any regular season ZHL games. Priority goes to players with fewer regular season ZHL games played.

For example, if two ZHL skaters are available to goaltend for a probe team that needs one, the one that's played in fewer ZHL games plays in probe. This deters guys like Guer or Proster from goaltending, and more importantly, just generally prioritizes guys that haven't played as much.
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Server: CN

Post by TeeKay » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:40 am

Kyle wrote:New stipulation to the ZHL player exception has been added: If you don't have enough eligible players, a maximum of two ineligible players can play in a role they did not play in any regular season ZHL games. Priority goes to players with fewer regular season ZHL games played.

For example, if two ZHL skaters are available to goaltend for a probe team that needs one, the one that's played in fewer ZHL games plays in probe. This deters guys like Guer or Proster from goaltending, and more importantly, just generally prioritizes guys that haven't played as much.
Proster played goalie in the last 1:30 of the last game vs Shakuras to clinch the win.
Kyle
Legend

Post by Kyle » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:37 pm

TeeKay wrote:
Proster played goalie in the last 1:30 of the last game vs Shakuras to clinch the win.
Fine, bad example, but I still think this is a good balance between ensuring teams have enough players to field a full squad and the odds getting stacked in their favor because they were shorthanded.
Kyle
Legend

Post by Kyle » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:33 am

Mar Sara has used their one playoff free agency signing to add ViciousVixen to their probe league roster.
New Getysburg has used their one playoff free agency signing to add Moose to their probe league roster.

Tonight's game between the Zenn Chill and the Kaldir Snowmen was a forfeit in favor of Kaldir.
Tonight's game between the Zerus Broodlings and Tarsonis City Wildcats will need to be rescheduled and played over again on Friday night before games 2 and 3 of the series, as both teams used players illegally.

I would recommend that team owners and captains familiarize themselves with Probe League playoff eligibility rules or risk automatic forfeit. If you have any questions about a player's eligibility, please don't hesitate to ask. I would, however, recommend you don't wait to ask those questions until game time, as I'm not always here to answer immediately prior to puck drop.
daggius2
Battle.net Name: daggius

Post by daggius2 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:35 pm

these rules are too restrictive. last night is an indication of what you will see every night, teams not having enough players show up to play an actual game.

why were these rules changed from the original probe league rules where someone who didnt play for the main team could always play in probe that day?

now that you've prevented 6 players from most teams from playing in probe , yet only 4 can play in zhl on a night, you are essentially putting 2 players from those teams in purgatory, where they wont play for their ZHL team and they arent allowed to play for probe. i.e. they dont get to play at all. doesn't make sense. ooter and perp didnt play in ZHL game last nite yet they are not allowed to play in probe?? doesnt make sense

each team should have the same # of zhl players restricted from playing probe. their 4 most active players. or something to that extent. at least that would be fair to all teams. the way you have set it up now, teams who used a more active roster during the season are punished by having more players restricted from playing probe.

but the real point here is its not realistic. you expect a roster of 15 people to have 10 people to show up every night?? the six that can only play ZHL and then at least 4 probes? that's not realistic. most teams can barely get 4 or 5 people of their roster to show up at a time, 10 is ridiculous. you're going to have forfeits or shorthanded games every night.
kholin literally thinks it is possible to hold the puck continuously for 2.5 periods