Autoclickers Should be Banned

User avatar
Strawberry
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:17 am
Battle.net Name: Strawberry
Battle.net Char Code: 427
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Autoclickers Should be Banned

Post by Strawberry » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Kholin, have you ever tried using an ac/macro/whatever you call it ingame? It's really hard, so I don't know why you would be complaining even we do use one.
User avatar
Bulbasaaur
Posts: 277
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 7:22 pm
Battle.net Name: Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Char Code: 615
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Autoclickers Should be Banned

Post by Bulbasaaur » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:57 pm

wat is ac ¿
User avatar
handsumSnail
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:35 pm
Battle.net Name: handsumSnail
Battle.net Char Code: 312
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: Autoclickers Should be Banned

Post by handsumSnail » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:34 pm

handsumSnail wrote: i for one also never thought of it much, let alone it could be a hack. which this is, let's not kid ourselves. the fact you can resteal with this is game breaking in my mind. and people using it shouldnt have the unfair advantage for the sake of it, its as easy as that.
handsumSnail wrote:so i've been told the whole part about insta-backsteals is some kind of inhouse humor that i obv didnt get, and that autoclicker only goes so far to help with spins... not cool guys :P :lol:
these were my 2 posts about autoclickers... in one i called it hacking, in other i didnt even know what autoclicker actually does and thought everybody was trolling...

yet in my first EZ League appearance ever i was accused on stream by general that i use that shit. really cool and professional move. and out of like 5 casters nobody spoke up, even tho all of you play with me all the time and know:

1) i average about only 140apm, which is low for both ZH and sc2 (i was masters league in sc2)
2) i have had verbal conflicts with fxpmachine and zealothockey because i thought they used autoclickers... (turns out they use macro keys, not autoclicker)

so why the fuck would you accuse me on league stream??

and general, if you dislike me because you are bff with Pink than tell me to go to hell in private, dont use a fucking stream to attack me, its such low move. i was at gf celebration today for her bachelors degree and it took longer than expected so i drove like a crazy person to not miss my debut today, only to come to this shit... i cant tell you how dissapointing bullshit like this is
Image
User avatar
BacKFisCh
Posts: 650
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:43 pm
Battle.net Name: BacKFisCh
Battle.net Char Code: 396
Battle.net Server: EU
Location: Somewhere in Germany

Re: Autoclickers Should be Banned

Post by BacKFisCh » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:00 pm

handsumSnail wrote: 2) i have had verbal conflicts with fxpmachine and zealothockey because i thought they used autoclickers... (turns out they use macro keys, not autoclicker)
Noob question:

What are macro keys?
#votedraftleague2015
User avatar
DerrocK
Posts: 1273
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:46 am
Battle.net Name: Junky
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU
Location: Top 1000 EU

Re: Autoclickers Should be Banned

Post by DerrocK » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:05 pm

handsumSnail wrote:
handsumSnail wrote: i for one also never thought of it much, let alone it could be a hack. which this is, let's not kid ourselves. the fact you can resteal with this is game breaking in my mind. and people using it shouldnt have the unfair advantage for the sake of it, its as easy as that.
handsumSnail wrote:so i've been told the whole part about insta-backsteals is some kind of inhouse humor that i obv didnt get, and that autoclicker only goes so far to help with spins... not cool guys :P :lol:
these were my 2 posts about autoclickers... in one i called it hacking, in other i didnt even know what autoclicker actually does and thought everybody was trolling...

yet in my first EZ League appearance ever i was accused on stream by general that i use that shit. really cool and professional move. and out of like 5 casters nobody spoke up, even tho all of you play with me all the time and know:

1) i average about only 140apm, which is low for both ZH and sc2 (i was masters league in sc2)
2) i have had verbal conflicts with fxpmachine and zealothockey because i thought they used autoclickers... (turns out they use macro keys, not autoclicker)

so why the fuck would you accuse me on league stream??

and general, if you dislike me because you are bff with Pink than tell me to go to hell in private, dont use a fucking stream to attack me, its such low move. i was at gf celebration today for her bachelors degree and it took longer than expected so i drove like a crazy person to not miss my debut today, only to come to this shit... i cant tell you how dissapointing bullshit like this is

Well I'm forced to correct you as it was me the one who said you were using autoclickers and not generalxl. Why? because I saw your APM go as high as 1k in one moment and your immortal spinning around like crazy. Later on I corrected myself and said sorry because I realised u weren't using autoclicker. Nothing more to say, looks like you didn't listen the part where I apollogize, in any case, here you go. Sorry.

Edit: I'm not going to post more about this matter.
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EUS2 Regular Season W, Commish, AllStar
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
DaGOAT ZHCL Rings: 2
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster
Immortals on ice Rings: 3
EUS8 W

Narcissism at its best
User avatar
handsumSnail
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:35 pm
Battle.net Name: handsumSnail
Battle.net Char Code: 312
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: Autoclickers Should be Banned

Post by handsumSnail » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:30 pm

dude i finished that game with 66 apm, how would that even be possible if i ever reached 1k? go on my match history and it will be painfully obvous that i am not using bloody autoclickers... i dont even know how they work ffs

and no, i didnt watch rest of the stream for obvious reasons, but even if u later corrected yourself, accusing me just like that was wrong to begin with... you were not on your personal stream so its not okay to discuss whatever, you were a caster of official league game and its wrong to accuse someone like that out of the blue... anyone... even with proof it should not be discussed on league stream in my opinion

at least it wasnt some payback, i guess... but it still sucks, imagine if someone did that to you

and general, im sorry
Image
User avatar
2words
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:44 pm
Battle.net Name: twoWORDS
Battle.net Char Code: 619
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Autoclickers Should be Banned

Post by 2words » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:03 pm

Auto clickers do not give any advantage to players competing at a reasonable level, contrary, they cap your level of skill and progress in the game. Furthermore there is NO way to prevent the usage of auto clickers besides not playing with the players that use them.

So please, stop whining like a little bitch and play the game or get out.
~The two words you are thinking when you see me before you get WrecKT.

Image Image
User avatar
Kurt_58
Legend
Posts: 615
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:39 pm
Battle.net Name: Kurt
Battle.net Char Code: 638
Battle.net Server: NA
Location: Hell. It's cold here.

Re: Autoclickers Should be Banned

Post by Kurt_58 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:36 pm

For the last time ppl. Remapping left click and right click to a keybinding is still considered an autoclicker.

For everyone that isn't aware, when you remap left or right click of your mouse to a hotkey like the V key then it will automatically click to the tune of about 1k apm (not exactly sure the number but its around there). Right click isn't really the problem here, since it's easy to detect due to APM spikes and its pretty obvious when someone is moving too quickly. If it's left click then it will not register as an action, and therefore go undetected through sc2's apm tracker.

Left click autoclickers can be used extremely effectively. Because you can simply hover your mouse in front of your unit manually right clicking to move with the left click autoclicker active. This keeps you at near full speed and since the left clicker is instant (faster than if you tried left clicking quickly yourself) there is hardly any power on the puck traveling in front of you, which means that you will just repick the puck up. We saw this alot through certain players in the playoffs where they would travel in a straight line quickly left clicking the puck on themselves making it difficult to steal the puck from them while they were still moving full speed. Not that this move isn't impossible to do without an autoclicker, but if you do it without the help of an autoclicker you move at a much slower pace because you actually have to move your mouse cursor on your actual unit to left click the puck on top or barely in front of your unit and then right click quickly downfield to get your speed up. Watermelon and Proster are probably the best people I've seen do this move legit.

Autoclicker is a pretty basic concept. It's in the damn name and unless english is your second language I don't understand how this is such a difficult concept for people to grasp. An autoclicker is something that clicks automatically for you. Whether you acheive that through external programs/macros or internal programming within sc2 is irrelevant.You're still a cheating asshole that is using something that automatically clicks for you.


I was pretty sad to see the left click autoclickers being used by a couple of players in the finals, but competition does bring out the worst in people. I'd rather win by my own skill than win by cheating.

tl;dr version
Everyone remapping their left click to a hotkey are assholes and should be ashamed.

Also, if someone could figure out a program that could track apm of left clicks through replays uploaded I say we DQ teams that have a player using these left click autoclickers. Obviously we would have to test out to see what a new average APM would be with left click added in (Im guessing probably in the 500s) But if someone spiked to like 1000-2000 we'd consider that an autoclicker. Then, gg no re.
User avatar
maha
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:25 pm
Battle.net Name: maharishi
Battle.net Char Code: 576
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Autoclickers Should be Banned

Post by maha » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:58 pm

Kurt_58 wrote:For the last time ppl. Remapping left click and right click to a keybinding is still considered an autoclicker.

For everyone that isn't aware, when you remap left or right click of your mouse to a hotkey like the V key then it will automatically click to the tune of about 1k apm (not exactly sure the number but its around there). Right click isn't really the problem here, since it's easy to detect due to APM spikes and its pretty obvious when someone is moving too quickly. If it's left click then it will not register as an action, and therefore go undetected through sc2's apm tracker.

Left click autoclickers can be used extremely effectively. Because you can simply hover your mouse in front of your unit manually right clicking to move with the left click autoclicker active. This keeps you at near full speed and since the left clicker is instant (faster than if you tried left clicking quickly yourself) there is hardly any power on the puck traveling in front of you, which means that you will just repick the puck up. We saw this alot through certain players in the playoffs where they would travel in a straight line quickly left clicking the puck on themselves making it difficult to steal the puck from them while they were still moving full speed. Not that this move isn't impossible to do without an autoclicker, but if you do it without the help of an autoclicker you move at a much slower pace because you actually have to move your mouse cursor on your actual unit to left click the puck on top or barely in front of your unit and then right click quickly downfield to get your speed up. Watermelon and Proster are probably the best people I've seen do this move legit.

Autoclicker is a pretty basic concept. It's in the damn name and unless english is your second language I don't understand how this is such a difficult concept for people to grasp. An autoclicker is something that clicks automatically for you. Whether you acheive that through external programs/macros or internal programming within sc2 is irrelevant.You're still a cheating asshole that is using something that automatically clicks for you.


I was pretty sad to see the left click autoclickers being used by a couple of players in the finals, but competition does bring out the worst in people. I'd rather win by my own skill than win by cheating.

tl;dr version
Everyone remapping their left click to a hotkey are assholes and should be ashamed.

Also, if someone could figure out a program that could track apm of left clicks through replays uploaded I say we DQ teams that have a player using these left click autoclickers. Obviously we would have to test out to see what a new average APM would be with left click added in (Im guessing probably in the 500s) But if someone spiked to like 1000-2000 we'd consider that an autoclicker. Then, gg no re.
you can change the repeat delay/rate in windows kb settings to something much slower, as to now spike your APM. I'm thinking it'll look more like a player makes a single right click somewhere, then his starts holding down his hotkey while keeping the cursor right in front of the stick. I'd assume the APM would then come to a constant for as long as the key is being held. That's where the proof would be.

All that being said I personally don't think even left-click AC would be that useful at a mid-high level. There's a small CD on steal so AC doesn't seem like it'd be any faster even if it spammed a million times per second.. the amount of steals per second would still only be one. All a player would have to do to counter would be just stay in the player's skating lane and plan an actual timed re-steal.

I think there's actually another use for AC in this game that I don't think has been discussed here. Right click AC can potentially be good for goalie, as they would only have to move their mouse instead of having to move their mouse AND click in order to mirror the enemy zealot's stick movements. It may not seem like a big deal, but the speed difference is actually pretty significant, maybe even 2-3 times faster that the immortal would get his stick to the other side.
"This is the most absurd piece of garbage that can't even be applied to the actual league. Great job embarrassing yourselves."
User avatar
2words
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:44 pm
Battle.net Name: twoWORDS
Battle.net Char Code: 619
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Autoclickers Should be Banned

Post by 2words » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:10 pm

2words wrote:there is NO way to prevent the usage of auto clickers besides not playing with the players that use them.
Kurt_58 wrote:Left click autoclickers can be used extremely effectively. Because you can simply hover your mouse in front of your unit manually right clicking to move with the left click autoclicker active. This keeps you at near full speed and since the left clicker is instant
Firstly it is not an instant. There is a delay as well as an in-game delay before you can left click again. You can avoid moving the mouse back and forth by spamming right click in front of you whilst timing left click OR right clicking on the other side of the field and keeping your cursor in front of you and left clicking.

Secondly, if there is no feature such as APM for a replay to track left clicking with, which I'm sure there isn't, it is impossible to track client side left clicks. And if there somehow was, auto clickers can just be fine tuned. Let's say the left click function works in game every 560 ms, the owner of the auto clicker would just add a delay to his auto clicker of 560 or 561 ms and would have an average APM, yet godlike precision. That being said like maha rebutted, left click auto clickers can easily be countered and they are not as powerful as a skilled player timing his clicks to re-steal in a straight line.

TLDR: No benefit to using left click auto clicker to move in a straight line compared to a skilled player.

maha wrote:I think there's actually another use for AC in this game that I don't think has been discussed here. Right click AC can potentially be good for goalie, as they would only have to move their mouse instead of having to move their mouse AND click in order to mirror the enemy zealot's stick movements. It may not seem like a big deal, but the speed difference is actually pretty significant, maybe even 2-3 times faster that the immortal would get his stick to the other side.
This is what I believe to be the only even remotely useful use for an auto clicker in ZH. Still if I understand correctly, the latency between the client and server is much higher than the slight increase in reaction time due to earlier movement while the mouse is travelling. Also I have used a right clicking auto clicker for this purpose as a goalie and it is incredibly difficult to use because the auto clicker would have to always be on or else you are still reacting twice by turning the auto clicker on and off after moving the mouse and before hitting the stop command respectively, which would make any benefits in speed negligible. Say however, you did have auto clicker always on as a goalie, the constant movement would make the use of the stop command to point your stick impossible, as the goalie turns the other way when reaching the destination due to goalie momentum in the opposite direction.

TLDR: No benefit to using right click auto clicker as goalie.
~The two words you are thinking when you see me before you get WrecKT.

Image Image
Locked