Thanks, everybody!

Kyle
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kyle
Battle.net Char Code: 1512
Battle.net Server: NA

Thanks, everybody!

Post by Kyle » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:48 am

I just wanted to thank everyone again for being a part of ZHL this season. It was a great season, we had a lot of successes and identified some things I know Teroh will be improving moving into Season 3, and as much credit as a lot of people give me, there were a lot of others who chipped in to make it happen.

Thank you to Maharishi and Darkangel for helping with stat tracking; you made my life a lot easier when you took over on that front.
Thank you to the owners and team captains who, in spite of controversial lag rules that caused problems on multiple occasions, didn't complain about them ONCE all season long. That's not sarcasm, I really mean it. There were a lot of opportunities for you to bitch at me about bad rules in that section of the rulebook in particular, and to my memory, nobody did so, so kudos for working with the system, flaws and all.
Thank you to the long list of people who helped with casting this season. Kurt and Teroh especially for filling in so much when I wasn't up to the job, and also to those who came in as emergency fill-ins when none of the main casters were available. Guer, Maha, Vap, Dark, Crush, Reimer, CountryKen, rasp, and I'm 100% sure I'm missing someone, but thank you to you, too.
Thank you to Temp0, even though I'm sure he'll never see this message, for joining us to cast the Championship series today. I didn't see the numbers, but I'm sure having him there boosted viewership substantially, and I hope that helps the community to grow even further.
Thank you to Wildfire for starting things off from scratch last season; you gave us a great framework for this season and all those to follow.
Thank you so much to the group of people that chipped in for the Amazon gift card Ken presented me with tonight. That was a big surprise and it put a huge smile on my face. I didn't catch all the names, but I really appreciate you all doing that for me. Completely unnecessary, but it warms my heart.
And finally, thank you to everyone who participated this season in the ZHL and the Probe League. It's awesome to see so many people come together to play this game, form camaraderies and rivalries, and compete for something that amounts to little more than bragging rights. It's only a game, but you guys make it into something special. We've got something we should all be proud of with the ZHL, and I'm thrilled to be able to say I put my mark on it.

It's all you now, Teroh. The keys to the league offices are yours, buddy! Take good care of these jokers ;)
xNCrush
Battle.net Name: Crush
Battle.net Char Code: 1661

Re: Thanks, everybody!

Post by xNCrush » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:19 am

We fucking love you, commish. You did fantastic work all season. You're still going to be around as a player though, yes?
Ranchinator
Battle.net Name: Ranchinator
Battle.net Char Code: 131

Post by Ranchinator » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:39 am

Brings a tear to my eye.. You have been an amazing commissioner and and even better friend! Hope to see you around for next season as a player :D

~Ranchinator
Best Captain S5, Best Sportsmanship S5.
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457

Post by l)arkangel » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:46 am

Nothin' but love.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
Kholin
Battle.net Name: Kholin
Battle.net Char Code: 610

Post by Kholin » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:00 am

Kyle wrote: Guer, Maha, Vap, Dark, Crush, Reimer, CountryKen, rasp, and I'm 100% sure I'm missing someone, but thank you to you, too.
... Could it be a thor?
Also, thank you so much Kyle for the countless hours you put in to making Season 2 a great success, we never could of done it without you, and you are the best!
      • Dont worry, Im a Koalafied goalie
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:30 pm

You did an excellent job, Kyle <3. Thank you for all the effort you put into reviving and managing ZHL for a second season. You really took Wildfire's framework, improved upon it, and set an even stronger one for all future commissioners.

With respect and gratitude,
Watermelon

P.S. this guy really deserves a skin and goal horn, and a stats menu trophy that says "#1 commish NA"
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
Kyle
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kyle
Battle.net Char Code: 1512

Post by Kyle » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Sorry, Kholin! <3

And I'll still be around from time to time, but I don't know if I'm going to register for the draft yet. My schedule's so full these days I don't know if I can commit to show up to two specific time slots every week, and I don't want somebody to burn a pick on me thinking I'll be around to lead their probe team to victory or something :P
Teroh
Legend
Battle.net Name: Teroh
Battle.net Char Code: 773

Post by Teroh » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:37 pm

Kyle wrote:It's all you now, Teroh. The keys to the league offices are yours, buddy! Take good care of these jokers ;)

naw jk, it'll be great thanks to all the hard work you put in already

you spoiled me, you big lug
Kaioken
Battle.net Name: Kaioken
Battle.net Char Code: 266

Post by Kaioken » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:14 pm

Please don't leave kyle =\
CountryKen
Battle.net Name: CountryKen
Battle.net Char Code: 525