4v4 casted replay for zhl

would you like 4v4 casted replay? (please read the thread before voting)

Yes, immediately cease live casting and cast from replays
42%
Maybe, try Crush's "find the xapos" solution for a week first
9%
No, games should always be cast live
42%
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn
6%

Total votes: 33
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: 4v4 casted replay for zhl

Post by Watermelon » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 am

Okay friends, I just came across something that might be important for reducing lag in ZHL, and maybe just inhouses in general. I guess sometimes it takes an extreme case to reveal something.

Just played a regular late-night inhouse (no casters, no bench, no peak-usage time). Game was on chicago server, and I was the only west player present (7 easterners + me).

At first it was super smooth, like all late-night games. However, I started to get extremely fluctuating levels of lag (while maintaining 0 spikes and only minimal chat delay). Turns out, every time Mofowh turned on his keybind (autoclicker), it was lagging me out of the game. He had it set to 100 clicks per second. No one else in the game felt it, so perhaps this has a much larger effect on cross-server players than home server.

So I guess this is another factor that, when combined with casting/bench/peak usage time, can generate a lot of lag during ZHL.

I think there needs to be some sort of APM clause in ZHL. Have someone monitor APM in ZHL games and disqualify players if it reaches higher than a certain amount (I feel like 400 or 500 is reasonable). Obviously Mofowh's keybind speed is an extreme case (average 1000 apm, reaching current speeds as high as 2000), but lesser speeds could still be causing large amounts of lag for players. I don't really care about the small advantages keybinds give in terms of stealing and whatnot, but to be lagging other players with your macro is unacceptable.
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
Teroh
Legend
Battle.net Name: Teroh
Battle.net Char Code: 773

Post by Teroh » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:14 am

Watermelon wrote:Okay friends, I just came across something that might be important for reducing lag in ZHL, and maybe just inhouses in general. I guess sometimes it takes an extreme case to reveal something.

Just played a regular late-night inhouse (no casters, no bench, no peak-usage time). Game was on chicago server, and I was the only west player present (7 easterners + me).

At first it was super smooth, like all late-night games. However, I started to get extremely fluctuating levels of lag (while maintaining 0 spikes and only minimal chat delay). Turns out, every time Mofowh turned on his keybind (autoclicker), it was lagging me out of the game. He had it set to 100 clicks per second. No one else in the game felt it, so perhaps this has a much larger effect on cross-server players than home server.

So I guess this is another factor that, when combined with casting/bench/peak usage time, can generate a lot of lag during ZHL.

I think there needs to be some sort of APM clause in ZHL. Have someone monitor APM in ZHL games and disqualify players if it reaches higher than a certain amount (I feel like 400 or 500 is reasonable). Obviously Mofowh's keybind speed is an extreme case (average 1000 apm, reaching current speeds as high as 2000), but lesser speeds could still be causing large amounts of lag for players. I don't really care about the small advantages keybinds give in terms of stealing and whatnot, but to be lagging other players with your macro is unacceptable.
Very interesting. We've definitely seen before from Goza that an autoclicker will cause lag when set very high. Unfortunately we currently do not have a spectator mode in real time, as team 3 is made up of player slots, and we cannot monitor APM.
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:31 pm

I would just like to do a little precision, I had no lag during our zhl game true. However, i had pretty bad random lag during our probe league game, i didnt talk about it cuz u know... probe league.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
xNCrush
Battle.net Name: Crush
Battle.net Char Code: 1661

Post by xNCrush » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:04 pm

It looks like the editor may have some options for tracking APM. The next time I'm looking at the map I'll see if it's viable to have a cutoff at which a player gets a warning, and if it continues then they are removed from a game.
daggius
Battle.net Name: daggius
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by daggius » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:30 am

when u guys do replay casts, dont give away who won at the start of the game (moose lol)

also.. its even better if even the replay caster does not know who won.. more surprise at the result and events during the game .. better cast

if ur gona replay cast just ask for replay and dont ask who won ;)
wawmoose
Battle.net Name: WaWMoose
Battle.net Char Code: 1878

Post by wawmoose » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:46 am

daggius wrote:when u guys do replay casts, dont give away who won at the start of the game (moose lol)

also.. its even better if even the replay caster does not know who won.. more surprise at the result and events during the game .. better cast

just the lag horror game i did that accidentally, mb :P
but i agree 100% with what ur sayin
RIP Flyers
ZachSmack
Battle.net Name: ZachSmack
Battle.net Char Code: 340

Post by ZachSmack » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:41 am

daggius wrote:when u guys do replay casts, dont give away who won at the start of the game (moose lol)

^ This