4v4 casted replay for zhl

would you like 4v4 casted replay? (please read the thread before voting)

Yes, immediately cease live casting and cast from replays
42%
Maybe, try Crush's "find the xapos" solution for a week first
9%
No, games should always be cast live
42%
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn
6%

Total votes: 33
xNCrush
Battle.net Name: Crush
Battle.net Char Code: 1661
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: 4v4 casted replay for zhl

Post by xNCrush » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:02 pm

Stealth, we've played dozens of games where we've had no lag together. FFS take me off your damn xapos list. I have never xapos anyone, and I definitely haven't xapos'd you. -_-
Kurt_58 wrote:Stealth you're forgetting yourself and vapour. The 2 most frequent players that lag out of games.
^^^^^^^^^

I like the rule, but I'm pretty sure that takes me off the streamers list. Oh well. New rig soon (ish).
stealthmeh
Battle.net Name: stealth
Battle.net Char Code: 522

Post by stealthmeh » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:10 pm

@Crush you had 8+ spikes in one of the ZHL matches on east where all west players in lobby had unplayable lag (not including my self). This is the game you are on the xapos list for although you might of just been an amplifier and not the actual cause of the lag. I personally wasnt lagging this game and had 0 spikes was just choppy and just my team mates couldn't move. Basically you are not a xapos for me but you are for some west players when it is a central server game.

@kurt (and others that do not know) I have 120mbps download, 10 upload, 175-200 fps, and 0 spikes almost all the games i feel the type of lag we are discussing. This is 3rd party lag caused by someone in the lobby spiking hard combined with the game not being perfectly optimized and the game is using peer to peer servers so all players in the lobby feel it to some degree. Reason me and vapour feel it most is because we are deep east coast players and there is only central and west coast servers now (east died early last season) so on west we are feeling xapos effect more than anyone that isnt east.

For example if it is central server and a player in the lobby has 10 spikes:
-me the east player would notice marginal chop
-bulb the central player would notice almost nothing
-and CK the west player would be complaining about near unplayable lag

Also I haven't gone above 2 spikes or suffered from unplayable lag in the last 125 ish games (since most recent wave of patches occurred). But the games that i suffer from lag at all they have one of the players on my xapos list in them and/or it is league mode game with more than 8 players in the lobby (but yes streaming usually does not cause lag if done properly it just amplifies it and depending on server situation relative to you determines how much you feel this amplification).
Last edited by stealthmeh on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teroh
Legend
Battle.net Name: Teroh
Battle.net Char Code: 773

Post by Teroh » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:31 pm

stealthmeh wrote:Teroh's test was done during low internet traffic hours and does not contain a significant xapos present.
This is indeed a factor, and I'm happy to do further testing during higher traffic. I would greatly appreciate your perspective as a test player during this time. I'll be conducting these tests during the next week.

Unfortunately, I cannot make any changes based upon "Xapos" due to the fact that it has yet to be proven beyond anecdotal evidence with a likely confirmation bias.
Teroh
Legend
Battle.net Name: Teroh
Battle.net Char Code: 773

Post by Teroh » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:35 pm

xNCrush wrote:I like the rule, but I'm pretty sure that takes me off the streamers list. Oh well. New rig soon (ish).
Three big questions:
What's your OBS loading vs tested upload?
Do you chronically drop frames?
Are you often above 3 spikes?
xNCrush

Post by xNCrush » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:02 pm

stealthmeh wrote:Crush you had 8+ spikes in one of the ZHL matches on east
This doesn't mean anything. When one person is lagging hard, it's pretty common for everyone else to show a bunch of spikes. And again, I left that game, and the lag didn't change.

@Teroh, I'll answer those questions when I'm back on my home computer.
Ranchinator
Battle.net Name: Ranchinator
Battle.net Char Code: 131

Post by Ranchinator » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:02 am

I think that if one of the people who has access to the ZealotHockey channel is online and playing in in-house games, stream one or two games, ask if others are lagging. If nobody is lagging then it would be pretty cool to have streaming on off-days where people can turn on stream and just watch and listen to how people react to what is going on during in-house games or just get some good streamed games. Most of the best games that I have ever played in were in house games. More specifically, games that were between 11 pm and 3 am PST.
Best Captain S5, Best Sportsmanship S5.
htcp
Battle.net Name: htcp
Battle.net Char Code: 332

Post by htcp » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:06 pm

I've also done some testing of streaming IH's recently, and so far no one has complained about lag in any of these games. They've been west / east and there is no lag. Iuno why me leaving that one game had any changes, seeing as I have pretty stable upload speed and no history of lagging anyone else in zealot hockey.
i'm tom
xNCrush

Post by xNCrush » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:36 am

It may have been your co-caster Tom. I believe you both left at the same time.
Cervalicious
Battle.net Name: Cervantez
Battle.net Char Code: 233

Post by Cervalicious » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:33 pm

xNCrush wrote:
stealthmeh wrote:Crush you had 8+ spikes in one of the ZHL matches on east
This doesn't mean anything. When one person is lagging hard, it's pretty common for everyone else to show a bunch of spikes. And again, I left that game, and the lag didn't change.

@Teroh, I'll answer those questions when I'm back on my home computer.
If i recall correctly this was during the zhl game i was in... you never left the game and everyone had 3 spikes or less so ezrekt
http://gfycat.com/GroundedFantasticCrayfish
      • I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO WORK THIS THING
get rekt
daggius
Battle.net Name: daggius
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by daggius » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:57 pm

Vap/Krazy redemption tonite on east vs maha??