Cafca's ZHL Ideas

Cafca
Battle.net Name: Rhonas
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Cafca's ZHL Ideas

Post by Cafca » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:24 pm

Here are some ideas I have for the ZHL. This includes the founding of two new divisions, and changes to the regular season.

1. Two new divisions to divide the league's teams in half. The divisions should be named after protoss tribes from Starcraft lore.

Since we have 8 teams atm, each division would have 4 teams. The top 3 teams in each division would make the playoffs.

The top team gets a bye, and does not have to play in round 1.

In round 1, the 2nd and 3rd teams would face each other in a best-of-3 series.

The winner of round 1 would move on to round 2, and face the 1st team in a best-of-7 series.

The winner of round 2 would go on to round 3 (the Tassadar Cup Finals). The winner of round 3 wins the Tassadar Cup.

2. An increase in the number of regular season games from 14 to 16.

Each team would have 3 division rivals, and 4 non-division rivals. Each team would play against each division rival 4 times. This includes two home games, and two road games per division rival.

Each team would have 4 non-division rivals. Each team would play against each non-division rival once. They will play a road game against two of the non-division rivals, and a home game against the other two non-division rivals.

Every ZHL team would have 8 home games, and 8 road games.

3. Regulation victories will only count for 2 points, instead of 3.

Overtime and shootout wins would still count for 2 points, while overtime and shootout losses would still count for 1 point. Regulation losses will also still count for 0 points.

So, what do you think?
Rigensis
Battle.net Name: Rigensis
Battle.net Char Code: 955
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: Cafca's ZHL Ideas

Post by Rigensis » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:04 pm

Why change amount of points awarded for regular time victories?

If you guys are doing 2 division system then it would be interesting idea to ditch probe league and make 6 teams per division.

(Lately I have no chance to follow na league, but I had an impression that there are problems with attendance for probe league. But maybe Im wrong - maybe probe league delivers. Also - please post results of games in some dedicate forum thread, like we did in EU. By numbers of views - it was very popular thread.)
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Cafca's ZHL Ideas

Post by l)arkangel » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:44 am

Rigensis wrote:Lately I have no chance to follow na league, but I had an impression that there are problems with attendance for probe league. But maybe Im wrong - maybe probe league delivers. Also - please post results of games in some dedicate forum thread, like we did in EU. By numbers of views - it was very popular thread.)
All game results are tracked under schedule past games. Click the score to see more details. We are now also posting the replays on those pages as well.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile