Season 3 Site Reconstruction

daggius
Battle.net Name: daggius
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Season 3 Site Reconstruction

Post by daggius » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:31 pm

l)arkangel wrote:Updated rosters with Free Agents/Trades.

Team pages should also be sorted by points now with most points at top (as opposed to most points on bottom which is how it was previously).

As always, let me know if you see anything wrong.
looks good tho I think the default sort should be by games played, so the starters are at top including goalies
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457

Post by l)arkangel » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:35 pm

daggius wrote:
l)arkangel wrote:Updated rosters with Free Agents/Trades.

Team pages should also be sorted by points now with most points at top (as opposed to most points on bottom which is how it was previously).

As always, let me know if you see anything wrong.
looks good tho I think the default sort should be by games played, so the starters are at top including goalies
click goalies link :D

and you can sort it however you'd like manually, I've just left the default at Points. Sadly I can't do multiple filters (as in first sort by GP then by SV% etc etc). Could put in a request at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/sportspress
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
daggius

Post by daggius » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:43 pm

im just saying, the most useful info on the rosters page is to see who the important players are on a team. who you can expect to play against, who are the usual starters. Imo this is the most pertinent information you should see immediately when u get to that page. sort by games played gives you your 4 starters at top and then it sorts down thru their subs below that. it makes sense to default sort the players page by points and goalies page by save %, but the rosters page of each team it makes most sense to sort by games played.

using the goalie example, its silly to go to the 15th row to find Prime, when he has the most games played for his team and is obviously one of their most important players. there are 10 probe players with 0 points above him. its silly.

i always sort by games played anyways bc it makes it way easier to find what you're looking for. i always wondered why it wasn't default sorted like this. obviously i can keep hitting that button, but since you mentioned you were making improvements, thought it could be improved further.
Last edited by daggius on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
l)arkangel

Post by l)arkangel » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:48 pm

ah, we're talking about team pages. I get it now. Was just trying to fix up league stats page so mind was on that. I'll change team pages to sort by GP when I get around to it.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
daggius

Post by daggius » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:49 pm

cool
l)arkangel

Post by l)arkangel » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:17 pm

I added a Hall of Fame under "Awards."
I included Individual records such as: Most Points in Reg Season, Most Goals in Reg Season, Most Assists in Reg Season, Most Passes in Reg Season, Most Saves in Reg Season, Lowest GAA in reg Season. Also added Team Records such as: Most Goals in Reg Season, Most Passes in Reg Season, Lowest GAA in Reg Season, Best Record in Reg Season.

Think anything else should be in there (highest S/T over the course of a season)? Anything that shouldn't be in there? Let me know.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
daggius

Post by daggius » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:41 pm

lowest GAA thing needs some sort of qualifier such as "with at least xxx time tended" otherwise its not valid since teroh and rep had lower GAA last season but only played in a couple games
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:49 pm

l)arkangel wrote:
Think anything else should be in there (highest S/T over the course of a season)? Anything that shouldn't be in there? Let me know.
#1 voted allstars.. cough
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
l)arkangel

Post by l)arkangel » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:16 pm

daggius wrote:lowest GAA thing needs some sort of qualifier such as "with at least xxx time tended" otherwise its not valid since teroh and rep had lower GAA last season but only played in a couple games
Ya. Kyle's requirement was 1 shot in 4 different games. I was thinking something like at least 3600 seconds of tending time (that's 5 regulation length games in net).

@Watermelon: if we were going to do #1all star it would need to just be a single person for each season. Wouldn't be able to do an all time most votes because of changing population size. Also couldn't do a percentage based thing either because a lower sample is more prone to having lopsided numbers. I could use some student t stuff but not really feelin it lol. I can however record who received the most all star votes each season by position.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
Vapour
Battle.net Name: Valour
Battle.net Char Code: 273

Post by Vapour » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:39 pm

So maha? + guer (allstar game thrower) for season 1, then water + ken for 2.