EU Players

Rigensis
Battle.net Name: Rigensis
Battle.net Char Code: 955
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: EU Players

Post by Rigensis » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:15 am

At the middle of last season we did work in right direction for having better organized Challenger league - there was WWWs PBWs BBerries (University teams/2nd teams for TWHK PBBs TBKH) and Squik BauSch survived their first season.
Conclusion was that Master league team captains need to step it up and be religious, mental, political leaders of 2nd squad until there are any player who wants and can become a team leader and try to fight his way - first into Masters - and then to win the league. Because at the start there was lack of good leaders for challenger teams.

And about leaving teams
2.5.4 Player cant be dropped from rooster.
2.5.5 Player responsibilities are to respect rules, their Team Owner, Captain and fellow players.
I feel that you guys should instead push your Owner/CEO to trade you away if you dont like team you are in. But yes - I already wrote long time ago about the fact that in draft league individual player cant influence things. Which is unfortunately.

But ya - The D~League gives for EU new challenges but also positive things. At the end we will figure out the best way how The D~League could work in EU. It was rocky start with C~League, didnt expect anything better with D~Leagues start.

UPD Saw Backs post - Im not sure if I should delete mine now :D - I will just stop respond here for some time. Sorry Backfisch :D.
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713
Battle.net Server: NA

Post by Blitz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:35 am

Hmmm 3 EU players said I sounded mad.. so I guess I came across as mad @Rigs. I ofc am not frustrated that I can't play EZHL, I don't have time to play ZH at 1P.M. I have school/work (only wierdos like vap who play ZH 24/7 :D) But No i'm NOT HURT.. lol. You didn't even read the rest of my post Rigensis/Backfish/Pinkvoid.. I said that rules needed to be set into stone, and that NA shouldn't be allowed into EZHL same as EU shouldn't be allowed into NA ZHL until some solid rules are set into stone down the road. This means that EU shouldn't be allowed to play probe-league/zhl and that NA shouldn't be allowed to play in.. masters league??/EZHL. I am not hurt, I just have experience with cross-server play, and know that anything not legally documented.. (literally) will cause issues somewhere.

- I played star strikers for many many years on EU. As most EU know I'm sure or anyone that has ever played a good amount of star strikers, TSS doesn't have lag issues like ZH does. However bad delay is always present when trying to connect to a server that is like 3000 miles away lol.
SO here is what the TSS community would do often in order to allow our EU friends to come over and kick our asses (very very rarely :D ) Any sort of cross-server player would gain his team a reward of some type. For star strikers the amount of EU players that played on an NA team = the amount of units that the EU people got to ban.. (this was a huge deal).

-So for cross-server play for Zealot Hockey ... in the future, I think that some sort of cross-server advantage should be given to the team that has more cross-server players. Perhaps the team with more cross-server players is allowed one more sub than its' opponent team? Perhaps (if you don't want cross-server games) allow some sort of power play thing simulating real-life hockey..? Maybe 3v4 for 30 seconds for the team who has more cross-server players? I'm not sure, there's a ton of different cool ideas to explore.

-Now for the way less popular choice... cross-server competition (RECOMMENDED FOR TOURNAMENTS) is for a bo3 series for each scheduled match. The first match will be played on EU, the second match will be played on NA, the third match will be played on the server, by whomever team had the better goal differential.
Example:
Game 1 NA:3-10:EU (on EU server)
Game 2 NA:10-4:EU (on NA server)
At this point EU has GD of +1, whereas NA has GD of -1 = Therefore the third game will be played on EU.
Now to this suggestion most EU will argue that the game must be east in order for it to be "fair", however this isn't true in the slightest. If EU has 0 effort in order to discover the best servers for NA to play on, then that 2nd game of the series is fair game to be played on WEST.

..These are just my suggestions, I'm sorry if I sound angry -- I promise I'm not. In fact I'm here posting these essay paragraphs of ZH discussion because I want to play on EU! I enjoyed EU tournament #1 it was fun, but needed some serious help.

P.S. Rigs PLZ STOP CALLING US ALIENS, I'M NOT FROM OUTER-SPACE I'M HUMAN JUST LIKE U BRO, NA R HUMANZ 2 U KNO :D :D

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
Rigensis
Battle.net Name: Rigensis
Battle.net Char Code: 955

Post by Rigensis » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:56 am

Blitz wrote:P.S. Rigs PLZ STOP CALLING US ALIENS, I'M NOT FROM OUTER-SPACE I'M HUMAN JUST LIKE U BRO, NA R HUMANZ 2 U KNO :D :D
Stop calling mexicans aliens then :D
Blitz wrote: If EU has 0 effort in order to discover the best servers for NA to play on
Theres 2 servers in France. NA ppl should try now to determine on which of those two servers they have bigger lag/delay. Probably - no difference tho.

Ya - ZHL last season you guys didnt have rule about EU server players - that was reason why me and ilv was able to participate.
If NA thinks that this is not the time for creating cross player rules then its ok. I guess time for that in NA would be when you guys reduce your own lag. #BlizzardPls.

Sound suggestions, Blitz.
Cubs
Battle.net Name: Cubs
Battle.net Char Code: 781
Battle.net Server: NA

Post by Cubs » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:45 pm

I don't think it's fair to generalize in either case, no NA or no EU. I believe it should go case by case. For example, there are players from NA that can play EU without lag, and some EU players can play NA without lag. In both cases, it isn't fair to have them be generalized. But, there should be guidelines. If there is lag with an EU in a NA game or a NA in an EU game, the other team can vote to kick them, no questions asked, and the team who had the cross server player can ask for a remake if they need it without it being charged as their remake. That way, if there's still lag and it wasn't the cross server player they can use their charged rm to get them back in. I for one am all for EU players. They have a lot of great talent, and they seem more helpful than most NA players. Not saying NA players are all bm, but most people on NA just complain about my lack of skill while most people on EU will actually tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it. Some NA players do do this, but they're a lot more rarer than on EU.

im the kid thatd jump a kid like you
PinkVoid
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by PinkVoid » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:29 pm

hwcubs2012 wrote: They have a lot of great talent, and they seem more helpful than most NA players. Not saying NA players are all bm, but most people on NA just complain about my lack of skill while most people on EU will actually tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it. Some NA players do do this, but they're a lot more rarer than on EU.
well in the name of EU, thanks for the kind words. NA is great too. Most of us wish to play more with you guys badly! It were folks like maha, vapour along with Irish, Cerv and more in the days playing pubs with our newbies who are some of the top player today. That was a boost to our general skill level. We definitly benefit from each other.

I guess the vast majority of both communities wishes to be closer in terms of being able to play together.

What can we do?

Since Crush already optimized what he could (collision detection reduction), it is probably up to the blizz devs to fix the issues. Remember, arcade is huge for sc2, my bet is it will survive the actual game and we are one of the big arcades.

If you want improvement, post your experiences here please!

Sorry about all the off topic, we could move this to general discussion.
Templar fans battlenet://starcraft/group/2/225591 @ EU