TRADE ROFL

l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: TRADE ROFL

Post by l)arkangel » Sun May 17, 2015 12:54 am

Rules are made due to exploitation. Need to know of the flaw before a rule can be made. Restrictions on limiting trading rights of teams mathematically eliminated from zhl may be necessary. Aka a trade can be vetoed by a vote of the trade involves a team that is mathematically eliminated from zhl playoffs.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
daggius
Battle.net Name: daggius
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by daggius » Sun May 17, 2015 1:12 am

any trade to a team that is already eliminated should obviously be vetoed
Last edited by daggius on Sun May 17, 2015 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster

Post by forumusername » Sun May 17, 2015 1:13 am

what happened to the thread provy made? o_O were there any comments besides mine that i missed out on?
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457

Post by l)arkangel » Sun May 17, 2015 1:15 am

daggius wrote:any trade to a team that is already eliminated should obviously be vetoed since they have nothing to play for, so giving away their players bears no penalty

Teams can still play for dignity , probe. Prohibiting them from any trades at all is unreasonable.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
daggius
Battle.net Name: daggius

Post by daggius » Sun May 17, 2015 1:19 am

they still get to play for those things even without making a broken trade

preventing obvious owner collusion is the purpose of the veto function's existence
Kurt_58
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kurt
Battle.net Char Code: 638

Post by Kurt_58 » Sun May 17, 2015 1:30 am

Provy wanted better probe players for ZHPL playoffs.
TK wanted better players for ZHL playoffs.
A trade happened.

Thats really all there is to trades, which people are always often mad about. The Vapour trade from Anglefire had the same kind of backlash, yet was never vetoed. If you want all a teams talent to come from only the initial Draft, I disagree. FA draft and trading are also important phases to being an owner and should not be tampered with.

As much as this trade fucks over my team, I'm all for it. It's legal according to the rules and it benefits both teams in different ways. Provys ZHL players had significantly lower value to his own team than to others due to him being ruled out of playoffs. Therefore he had high incentive to trade them, as he should.

I don't think it should be vetoed because it's legal, no rules were really bent here, it adds values on both teams, and you're basically saying Probe League doesn't count and that you can't make moves to improve your probe team.
Kurt_58
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kurt
Battle.net Char Code: 638

Post by Kurt_58 » Sun May 17, 2015 1:32 am

Provy literally got trade offers from multiple teams for weeks. If you think this was a give away you're crazy. Provy got the max value he could get for what he had. If you're angry about the trade then you should only blame your selves for not trading more to get his players. That's the point of trading.
wawmoose
Battle.net Name: WaWMoose
Battle.net Char Code: 1878

Post by wawmoose » Sun May 17, 2015 1:35 am

Kurt_58 wrote:If you want all a teams talent to come from only the initial Draft, I disagree. FA draft and trading are also important phases to being an owner and should not be tampered with.
I'm keeping clear of choosing sides, but THIS is probably the most important point to emphasize.
RIP Flyers
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster

Post by forumusername » Sun May 17, 2015 1:35 am

l)arkangel wrote:
daggius wrote:any trade to a team that is already eliminated should obviously be vetoed since they have nothing to play for, so giving away their players bears no penalty

Teams can still play for dignity , probe. Prohibiting them from any trades at all is unreasonable.
this means provy's probe team that has been playing for almost a whole season together, are just going to be kicked off the line-up and replaced. is this fair? well that's for you to decide, commish.

to be honest, i don't really care because provy's probe team is still fucking trash ROFL flyers and shakuras will shitrekt them. or perhaps..... they will combine??? who knows!!!!
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation
JMoney
Battle.net Name:

Post by JMoney » Sun May 17, 2015 1:45 am

Only 90s kids will remember when CUUUDAS was a beloved chant, not a reminder of a ruined season.... ;(