sigh....

Illusion
Battle.net Name: Illusion
Battle.net Char Code: 813
Battle.net Server: NA

sigh....

Post by Illusion » Sun May 17, 2015 8:48 am

no offense crush, but you are not an unbiased player in this situation and have no right to be locking a thread where people are discussing the trade. watermelon's post may have been a little bm but it was completely right. the whole point of trades is to make both teams better in their own ways, but also to be somewhat equal. A teams first and second round picks for a bunch of probe players just is not an equal trade. If we are going to pretend like probe league playoffs really are so important than this trade should technically be allowed at any time in the season. If i were owner of the threat agents and earlier in the season I decided to trade proster for 3 probe players because i wanted to buff up my zhp team would it also be allowed? It just makes things unbalanced and to say that teams should now go to new folsom and try to get a trade because we want as many good players in the playoffs as possible is just ridiculous. It's going to be a tough call, but if you ok this trade than you basically have to ok any trade for maha or bulb or darkangel that will come later today. I'm a bit on the fence with this one since it isn't a rule as of yet, but it really should have been in the rules from the start of s1 (captain hindsight to the rescue!). Darkangel, some people will be upset either way, but i am with kurt on this one when it comes to you. I will love you no matter what happens sir !! #worldsgreatestcommish
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Re: sigh....

Post by Watermelon » Sun May 17, 2015 12:12 pm

Shakuras never made a single offer to Braxis or New Folsom for starting players in exchange for probes before this went down, because I considered it to be an exploit of the rules and assumed it would get veto'd. You can quote me on that, it's fact. Other thread was locked so I didn't get to defend myself against accusation. zzzzz
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
HALOUNSC
Battle.net Name: HALOUNSC
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by HALOUNSC » Sun May 17, 2015 1:28 pm

+1 Push Football
xNCrush
Battle.net Name: Crush
Battle.net Char Code: 1661

Post by xNCrush » Sun May 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Illusion wrote:no offense crush, but you are not an unbiased player in this situation
I'm not arguing that I'm clearly in a position to benefit from this, but I think I did a good job of presenting an unbiased argument.
Illusion wrote:no right to be locking a thread where people are discussing the trade
I'd hardly call that a "discussion".
Illusion wrote:watermelon's post may have been a little bm but it was completely right
No, it wasn't. Do you honestly believe that Me+Tom going to one team for probies is the same as Watermelon, Art, Blitz, Drops, and Goza all going to one team in exchange for peanuts?
Illusion wrote:the whole point of trades is to make both teams better in their own ways, but also to be somewhat equal.

Has Braxis ever been an "equal" in this season? Our team is broken and has been since Provy drafted it. (Again, Provy, love ya, you're a stand up dude, but pls never draft again)

Ideally, you're right. There should never be a ZHL team sucking so bad that sacking the starting lineup isn't even that big a deal. But we're terrible, and me+tom doesn't change a team THAT much. Obviously Char improves, but if you're truly interested in what's "fair", weigh me and tom going to Char with respect to what Char got out of free agency compared to other teams.
Illusion wrote:A teams first and second round picks for a bunch of probe players just is not an equal trade.
Do you honestly believe that myself and tom are 1st and 2nd round material? Even if you think of me as a 3rd rounder (as I should have been) and tom as a 4th round (he probably would have gone late 3rd/early 4th), then yeah, you're right, it's not an "even" trade per se. But it's not nearly as "stacking" as a TRUE first rounder and TRUE second rounder. Char gets a pickup when FA gave them none. Braxis gets a shot at getting a win out of a season of failures.

The rest of your post follows the same kind of logic that I've hopefully debunked here. If you want to repeat it to me again because maybe this time you or blitz or water will be right, then by all means. I'll leave this one unlocked to get one last round of responses in.
xNCrush
Battle.net Name: Crush
Battle.net Char Code: 1661

Post by xNCrush » Sun May 17, 2015 3:13 pm

I should also note that the trade has already been vetoed, so you guys won, so is it really necessary to continue beating this to death?
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Sun May 17, 2015 4:02 pm

Nobody here is on the offensive, so there's no reason to be on the defensive Crush. It wasn't your place to lock the thread which was debating the trade, but I don't mind that you did because it was headed south. (The bm to water after locking was a low blow though :D )Shakuras was trying to make a point along these lines:

-If Char can essentially trade 2-3 probe starters on the Fins for 2 ZHL starters on Char, what prohibits other teams from doin this?

Example: If Char can make a trade like they attempted to and get away with it, why can't Shakuras trade Proster/Three/Cheezus for our excellent probe team (#1 seed).

- now obviously you will say this is unfair and that Proster > crush+Tom .. Which I could go into more detail about, irrelevant though, however the general principle is the same , and I agree 100% that a trade like that is shit.. As was the one TK tried to do, which is why it was vetoed.

Pls no enemies here frends, were all buddies.

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556