TMZ Season 4 Awards (Day 2)

TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: CN

TMZ Season 4 Awards (Day 2)

Post by TeeKay » Sat May 30, 2015 12:06 am

Introducing the TMZ (TK Moose Zach) Entertainment Awards for season 4 ZHL and ZHPL excellence. The TMZ Awards will be presented over 3 days for 15 categories. These are not the official ZHL awards that will be listed on the site. None of which will award you skins, horns, sticks, or anything of value at all -- so stop jotting down your ID’s and put it back in your pants already. Also, while we are commending you on your achievements, this almost certainly does not stop us from BMing you in the same breath. Do not read further if you don’t want to be both applauded and BM’ed.

Criteria:
See day one for criteria (link below).

Day 1 - Probe and Frnds Awards: Season 5 Owner’s Draft Manual

Day 2 - Miscellaneous Awards: We Didn't Know Where Else to Put These?l
  • Upset of the Season
    Stat of the Season
    Best Position Switch
    Best Duo
    Community Outreach Award

Upset of the Season
(written by Moosey)
[attachment=4]underdog1.jpg[/attachment]

1 - Braxis Barracudas defeating the Tarsonis City Tigers *Unanimous vote*
At the time this game was played, Tarsonis was on a 5-game point streak to start the season, winning 4 and losing a close one in the shootout. Whereas the CUUUUDDAAAAAS were 0-5 to start the season. A pre-match prediction for this game would've been very clear cut, the Tigers seemed to be dominating the league and should easily win against a team with just 1 point in 5 games. So when the Barracudas ended up keeping the game and stealing the win in the shootout, it was a pleasant surprise for most Cuda Fanboys.

The shocking stats from that game are the -6, -7, and -8 S/T of the Tigers's, notoriously defensive, skaters. On the other hand Death had +12 S/T, and htcp helped in every goal to get the Cudas their first win in the regular season. Be sure to remind RusH of this amazing game every time you see him, he's personally told me that he loves being reminded of this game because it gives him motivation to improve.

2 - New Folsom Renegades defeating Char Meleons:
This game came in the second round of the regular season, so it was an even bigger upset that it originally seems. Halo put in 86% save percentage and Darkangel had +7 S/T to combine well on the defensive end and keep Char to just 1 goal all game.

How big was this upset? In retrospect, if Char won this game, they would've finished in 1st place (if other results held) in the regular season standings rather than 3rd.

Honorable Mentions - Redlings > Threat Agents, Flyers > Threat Agents (West)

Stat of the Season
[attachment=3]stat.jpg[/attachment]
(written by TK)

1 - 258 & 0 - Blitzerg’s passes and goal counts -
Blitzerg racked up a ZHL record breaking 258 passes this season, far surpassing Kaioken’s season 2 count of 239 passes. This is an impressive mark for sure and Blitz should definitely receive plaudits for this record.

However, now to the other side of the stat. Blitzerg played in 12 games, had the 4th most possession/game, and used this to score exactly the same number of goals as Pants, Amin, and Cowsmoke this season. 258 passes... and somehow none of them accidentally went into the net. The closest call of the season for Blitz to overcome this honor came in the game vs New Folsom in which New Folsom were committing own goals to force a mercy/end game. Blitz had a couple shots to break this up, but alas the record was kept in tact and the apocalypse was kept at bay. While statistically improbable, Blitzerg showed that it is in fact possible to lead the league in passing and score 0 goals.

2 - 240 - Darkangel’s Goals Against Average (GAA) -
Go to the goalie section. Like right now. Right click and open new tab there. Right now. Sort by GAA (Goals Against Average per game), high to low.

Notice an outlier? Yup, Darkangel’s 0 for 1 saves, letting in 1 goal for a 240 GAA. How little did Dark have to be in goal to get such a preposterous goals against average? 3 seconds. Yes, Darkangel averages a goal against him every 3 seconds in goalie this season…. chew on that for a second or three... and try to not let a goal in while you do. We still love you Dark.

3 - 61 - Ruckle and Halounsc -
In virtually the same amount of tended time, Halounsc saw 61 more shots on goal than Ruckle. That’s roughly 6 extra shots on goal that Halo faced each game. Sometimes those 6 shots came all at once, Mighty Ducks style, so its pretty hard to stop all the pucks at once. That many more shots might make a guy snap, especially later in the season. Hopefully all will recover and we will see Halo back in net in next season and getting less shots on him than this season.

Honorable Mentions: LingKing record breaking -46 turnovers, Htcp’s +38 steals while on the last place Cudas

Best Position Switch
(written by TK)
[attachment=2]position switch.jpg[/attachment]

1 - Rush -
Kaioken shocked many owners by selecting Rush, the reigning Defender of the Season from Season 3, with his first round pick. Was Kaioken trying to take out his competition for the best defender award? How could this possibly work? Are they going to win every game like 1-0? As it turned out, it did work, and they did won most games in very low scoring affairs.

For Tarsonis City, Rush shifted over to forward while remaining solid at defense as well, shutting down passing lanes from the forward position. This change led to Rush finishing 6th in the league in points, a number one seed for TCT, and winning first place in ZachSmack’s heart. A true feel good story for a former #top16 pick on the iconic Yetis of old.

2 - Ruckle -
A former 1st round skater turning into a full time ZHL goalie is extremely rare, but Ruckle has made the switch perfectly. Drafted after 8 other ZHL goalies (Crush, Vapour, TT, Goza, TK, Moose, Cafca), Ruckle showed great value and something that is overlooked in some owner’s selections: chemistry. Ruckle and Kaioken are good friends going back to Star Strikers days, and Ruckle seems to have felt obligated to see out this season for the first time after having three ZHL cameos in seasons one-three. More owners could take a page from this aspect of Kaio’s drafting by making sure the players they draft are players that WANT to play for them instead of assuming that any player will play for any team.

3 - Krazymen -
Full disclosure, I did not vote Krazy on my list of position switches. But, the other two idiots did, because apparently they doubted his offensive skills. I did not doubt Krazy. To be honest, I feel Krazy played support/forward last season for the Flyers as much as he played defender. Probably because Vapour was better at defender, and Krazy was arguably better at forward. In season 4, Krazy has played forward for Flyers since the Free Agent draft and picked up where he left off.

Honorable mention - Tinyterran, Art

Best Duo
(written by Moosey)
[attachment=1]stepbrothers-duo.jpg[/attachment]

1 - ZachSmack & LingKing:
The pair with the highest overall points, combining to get 87 points. The dynamic between them, where Zach plays the more defensive support that can still snipe and score breakaways, while Ling looks for openings on the offence and keeps the other team awake all game because of how dangerous he is on breakaways, combined to make this duo, by our votes, the best in league.

2 - Eric & Krazymen:
Before the Free Agency, Eric had to really carry the Flyers offence all by himself, and he did a great at doing so. But after Free Agency, the addition of krazymen to the Flyers improved their offense immensely, and the quick passes, excellent clicking, and unexpected shots from both players have made them a great offensive duo. And while Eric was 1 point shy of tying Ling for top point scorer, krazy added 19 points in just 6 games. Yet another Flyers duo to be feared (Amin and Bulba of S2, Zach and Vap of S3).

3 - Watermelon & Art:
A combined 66 points in a combined just 18 games, this dynamic duo is undoubtedly one of, if not the best, west server pairs. Their style of close range one timers in traffic, marvelous jukes and punishing goalies for even the tiniest positioning errors have made them a fearful duo. Expect to see this pair bring their A-game in their first series versus the Flyers, and look for them to punish Moose for every mistake.

Honorable Mentions - Proster & Three, Carlito & Ling, Kwakster & Stealth

Community Outreach Award
(written by Moosey)
[attachment=0]community_outreach.jpg[/attachment]

1 - ProfessorX - *Unanimous vote*
Do we even need to explain?! ProfessorX has been an absolute god-send to this community, doing so many things to improve the community in many different aspects. Here's just some of the things she'd done for us this season: created and kept up to date our Youtube channel, taken care of splicing games and highlights from the long replays on Twitch, created threads on the Forums to get more community interaction and have more people involved such as the Player Map, continued to be active on all Zealot Hockey platforms, introduced immediate game Highlights/Replays for casters to use, and she's shown how to be a true sport by being loyal to and continuing to captain the Char probe team after having the opportunity to be traded to greener pastures.

On behalf of myself, TMZ, and EVERYONE in this community, a sincere thank you for all your work, Prof.

2 - Kurt -
Putting hours and hours of his time into casting ZHL and ZHPL games, Kurt has shown true dedication to this community. The premiere caster right now, Kurt has continued to keep the standard of casting that Kyle set in earlier seasons, and his level of excitement and engagement with the games really comes through to make his casting both enjoyable and educational. He's also in charge of the entire casting crew, and aside from that, he's also a League Manager that has done well to enforce league rules, and he's brought new change to the Zealot Hockey Group after becoming CEO, by removing any lacking Officers, and bringing in new faces to keep things fresh and up to date.

3 - Crush -
It says a lot about this guy that the first thing he did when he came back to ZH was to fulfill all the outstanding goal-horns and rewards for everyone. Crush is also another League Manager, and has co-casted games whenever he's had the chance, and is legitimately one of the nicest people I've ever known in online communities.

Honorable Mentions: DarkAngel, Bruce, Reimer

Stay tuned tomorrow for more TMZ Awards:
  • Day 3 - Positional Awards: You’re The Best at ____!
Attachments
community_outreach.jpg
community_outreach.jpg (14.68 KiB) Viewed 2433 times
stepbrothers-duo.jpg
stepbrothers-duo.jpg (57.06 KiB) Viewed 2433 times
position switch.jpg
position switch.jpg (18.61 KiB) Viewed 2433 times
stat.jpg
underdog1.jpg
underdog1.jpg (19.92 KiB) Viewed 2433 times
Ranchinator
Battle.net Name: Ranchinator
Battle.net Char Code: 131
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: TMZ Season 4 Awards (Day 2)

Post by Ranchinator » Sat May 30, 2015 12:27 am

Another good read! Can't wait for tomorrow's write up.. <3 all three of you guys, Zach, TK, and Moosey <3 (but mostly the Xapoosinator combo)!
Best Captain S5, Best Sportsmanship S5.
ProfessorX
Battle.net Name: ProfessorX
Battle.net Char Code: 1530

Post by ProfessorX » Sat May 30, 2015 12:42 am

::waterworks::
This is baller content, you guys are amazing

This community is so great :D :D no words
Thank you thank you <3

I love this game and I'm addicted to helping make this place the best it can be

(For you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rchuRmXtQy8)
Kaioken
Battle.net Name: Kaioken
Battle.net Char Code: 266

Post by Kaioken » Sat May 30, 2015 1:00 am

ProfessorX wrote:::waterworks::

Thank you thank you <3

Woooooooooooow !!!. That was really really really amazing ProfessorX. You have such a beautiful,awesome, goddess of a voice. I am simply amazed of how talented you are. You are really a great singer and I truely beleive that. Your talent is really amazing and I am proud of you on so many levels. ProfessorX you are perhaps the most talented person I have ever meet on Zealot Hockey. Thank you for allowing me to feel welcomed and happy everyday. You are truely amazing and your singing was very very good!!
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Sat May 30, 2015 1:43 am

These posts are fantastic. I'd love to see these kinds of recognition become standard for future seasons.

10/10 give us more
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
poopeybutt
Battle.net Name: cowsmoke
Battle.net Char Code: 1234
Battle.net Server: KR

Post by poopeybutt » Sat May 30, 2015 2:16 am

Kaioken wrote:

Thank you thank you <3

Woooooooooooow !!!. That was really really really amazing ProfessorX. You have such a beautiful,awesome, goddess of a voice. I am simply amazed of how talented you are. You are really a great singer and I truely beleive that. Your talent is really amazing and I am proud of you on so many levels. ProfessorX you are perhaps the most talented person I have ever meet on Zealot Hockey. Thank you for allowing me to feel welcomed and happy everyday. You are truely amazing and your singing was very very good!!

definitely not creepy at all....
I might be on in a week or so...
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by forumusername » Sat May 30, 2015 3:41 am

Kaioken wrote:

Thank you thank you <3

O_______________________O ..........

nice vid profx, rly liked how you put the plays on top of your singing. gr8 singing btw

also cya canada land
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457

Post by l)arkangel » Sat May 30, 2015 11:07 am

I fucking love this community.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Sat May 30, 2015 10:36 pm

Wow this is pretty fucking cool Profx. I've been trying to learn the national anthem on my ukulele so that I can play it and have someone sing, but you beat me to it, hella gj! I'm assuming this is for playoff intro's way cool!

P.S: This was my suggested video after watching this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIPJrrQlxzY
... LOLLL! :D

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
MrAlerteyes
Battle.net Name: MrAlerteyes
Battle.net Char Code: 583

Post by MrAlerteyes » Sun May 31, 2015 2:26 pm

My Daily previews for each game couldn't get a community award? RIP
ZHL Season 8 Champion - Kaldir Yetis

http://www.youtube.com/HaterTotsGaming - For my top tier youtube channel!