Admins

krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249
Battle.net Server: NA

Admins

Post by krazymen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:10 pm

why was moose's post removed and no where to be seen again? who did that I think it was an interesting point for the community to debate about in order to not make potential mistakes for the future season.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
poopeybutt
Battle.net Name: cowsmoke
Battle.net Char Code: 1234
Battle.net Server: KR

Re: Admins

Post by poopeybutt » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:19 pm

krazymen wrote:why was moose's post removed and no where to be seen again? who did that I think it was an interesting point for the community to debate about in order to not make potential mistakes for the future season.
+1. please give topic back
I might be on in a week or so...
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: CN

Post by TeeKay » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:38 pm

I moved it to owners forum because it's more appropriate there. I talked to moose before I moved it and he agreed. Give us the afternoon to work on it.
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:45 pm

TeeKay wrote:I moved it to owners forum because it's more appropriate there. I talked to moose before I moved it and he agreed. Give us the afternoon to work on it.
why does everything have to be in owners forum, can we please let this be public so that everyone can see? I thought moose posted it in both forums in the first place for that reason so that everyone could see. I think theres things that should be in owners forums and other things shouldnt. Post players u wish to trade in owners forum, ask for reschedule in owners forum. Discuss owners ONLY related stuff. But anything that touches the community like rules that affects the WHOLE community should be done WITH the community in my opinion.

#Transparency2015
Undefeated in 5v5
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster

Post by forumusername » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:50 pm

we let the owners deal with the schedule and playoff rules and now looked what happened!!!!!

#freeJMONEY
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation
Kurt_58
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kurt
Battle.net Char Code: 638

Post by Kurt_58 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:21 pm

If you want to get involved with issues like this then I suggest you actually sign up to be an owner next season.
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:44 pm

why would u have to be an owner to take part in discussion that affects everyone in the community? I'd assume that when u want to take part in discussion that affects owners you become an owner.
Undefeated in 5v5
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:55 pm

I would like to add that i heard that it was really hard to get information or input from the owners this season. I think this adds to the point of talking about the issues with the entire community and not just the owners if we actually want to get things moving instead of waiting for a decision with our thumb up our asses and then the decision that is made was taken by a few of the owners or wasnt even talked about long enough to see the loopholes. Let the community help, remove some work from owners, let the owners focus on owners things to make their team better during the season. Fix problems and grow as a community. PERHAPS
Undefeated in 5v5
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster

Post by forumusername » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:00 pm

i think the moral of season 4 is better owners
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation
JMoney
Battle.net Name:

Post by JMoney » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:01 pm

There is 1 league manager and at least 3 owners who would vote against this in the best interest of their teams, not because of the merit of the rule. Not to mention there are 2 fairly inactive owners.
I think the flaws in having an owner's only discussion on things like this are pretty clear.

There are many reasons why this is objectively a bad and broken rule:

1) The top two seeds in ZHL get a pass on this rule for the first round. ZHL Standings should not effect probe league eligibility.

2) It's a rule built for Free Agents that shouldn't apply to people that have been playing for the entire regular season. Former 1st-4th round draft picks were allowed in the league through the free agent draft. Free Agents can EASILY bypass the 4 games played rule because their entire season is only 7 games. In my understanding, the 50% rule was intended to be a second barrier for free agents to pass through.

3) Starting in >50% of your ZHL team's playoff games is COMPLETELY out of your control. In my case, a combination of lag issues, the opponent being a West team, and a league mandated reschedule forced me into playing both possible playoff games. Even if it was just one of these reasons, such as the team with home advantage being West, I would have to play 3/5 West games solely based on the opponent's decisions. Do you honestly expect a probe player to refuse being called up to the ZHL so that they can finish the season with the probe team they played with for the last 2 months? That's an unrealistic expectation.

Instead of this arbitrary, random rule, the INITIAL rule should just be scaled down. If a player can't play in the ZHPL Playoffs if they have >4/14 games in the regular season ZHL games played, a Free Agent player shouldnt be allowed into ZHPL playoffs if they have >2/7 regular season ZHL games played.
Last edited by JMoney on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.