Total votes: 23
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: CN

Probe All-Star Match & All-Star Requirements

Post by TeeKay » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:46 pm

I think that there should be 2 All-Star series this season, one for ZHL and one for ZHPL. The amount ZHPL has gotten better this season over last in simply absurd.

I think that ZHL All-Star Requirements could be that the player plays in at least 5 ZHL games to be eligible, whereas the ZHPL All-Star Requirements could be playing in 4 or less ZHL games to be eligible.
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Probe All-Star Match & All-Star Requirements

Post by Watermelon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:30 pm

I feel like this is a slap in the face to ZHL players who are in between ZHL all-star and ZHPL, but that's just IMO
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:07 pm

Yes this is a great idea, and although I agree with Watermelon... the benefit of having a ZHPL all-stars (giving all probes motivation especially) far outweighs your point. However heavy restrictions and limits need to be set on the probe league all star requirements. A ZHPL all-star series should be as high quality as possible, so it should include the >4 ZHL matches rule for eligibility.

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Server: CN

Post by TeeKay » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:17 pm

It would also let us use the phrase Probe-Star more and that's never a bad thing.
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:54 pm

As much as I think it would be a FUN idea i dont think its a good idea for a few reasons

1.Whats the difference between a probe all star player and a ZHL player. Probe league is supposed to be where players that are not quite ready for ZHL tries to prove themselves right? so having an all star of that would mean they are still not as good as ZHL players but much better than all the ZHPL players. But if they are much better than the vast majority of the ZHPL players then they should be ZHL players?

2 instead of an all star why not just give the ZHPL that improved an award? I thought the goal of ZHPL was to show off your talent to be able to start on your team this season or future season not to be a ZHPL star

3. As fun as all star game sounds, i think we all know from past experience its kind of a shit show most of the time. Now we dont know if ZHPL all star will end up being a shit show tho.

4. i dont really see the point of probe all star will that be the new thing probe players will try to achieve? is it to show to the other probe that they are better than most of the probe but still not able to be in zhl? is it just for fun and giggles? or is it a wide version of most likely to start on ZHL next season?

convince me its a good idea
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
poopeybutt
Battle.net Name: cowsmoke
Battle.net Char Code: 1234
Battle.net Server: KR

Post by poopeybutt » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:00 pm

Watermelon wrote:I feel like this is a slap in the face to ZHL players who are in between ZHL all-star and ZHPL, but that's just IMO
Maybe make ZHPL all star games exclusive to players who have never played a ZHL game. That means ppl like J$ and gigi would not be allowed to play. This would make it more bala and not make it a "slap in the face" to people who are in between the two.
I might be on in a week or so...
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:25 pm

poopeybutt wrote:
Watermelon wrote:I feel like this is a slap in the face to ZHL players who are in between ZHL all-star and ZHPL, but that's just IMO
Maybe make ZHPL all star games exclusive to players who have never played a ZHL game. That means ppl like J$ and gigi would not be allowed to play. This would make it more bala and not make it a "slap in the face" to people who are in between the two.
Then the quality of the games is compromised. I'd like to see players like Kwakster/Tenkz/Sleek/Kelvin/Swift etc., and others who have shown up like a lot in probe to improve and produce results,get some solid solid all-star environment-esque games I also don't see a better time to test something like this. End of the season, easily our strongest probe season, why not test a probe all-star series? . It's motivation for these rising stars to continue playing and to hit the next level. @Krazymen : this alone is plenty of reason to host probe all-stars.

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Blitz wrote:
poopeybutt wrote:
Then the quality of the games is compromised. I'd like to see players like Kwakster/Tenkz/Sleek/Kelvin/Swift etc., and others who have shown up like a lot in probe to improve and produce results,get some solid solid all-star environment-esque games I also don't see a better time to test something like this. End of the season, easily our strongest probe season, why not test a probe all-star series? . It's motivation for these rising stars to continue playing and to hit the next level. @Krazymen : this alone is plenty of reason to host probe all-stars.
I dont think thats its motivation i think the motivation would be better with awards given and the chance to be able to play on a ZHL lineup. When i was probe material there was no probe league so what kept me motivated to play? The chance that one day i'll be able to be on a ZHL starting lineup. I didnt keep playing to have the chance to be in the ZHL all star game. I just want to make sure everyone knows that im not against this idea. I just dont see the point in this idea. It seems like a lot of work determining who would be allowed to play and who wouldnt when we already have so much to work on. If the probe players thinks its a great idea that would motivate them then sure go for it.
Undefeated in 5v5
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster

Post by forumusername » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:43 pm

krazy plz stop tryin 2 ruin n crush my dreams of being a probe league hero
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:45 pm

forumusername wrote:krazy plz stop tryin 2 ruin n crush my dreams of being a probe league hero
You can be a probe league hero without a probe all star.

examples : zotz, htcp

both were called probe league heroes serveral time before this idea came up.

(PS i know you were kind of joking so..... u are already a probe league hero you're better than bulb!)
Undefeated in 5v5