No votes

Total votes: 23
wawmoose
Battle.net Name: WaWMoose
Battle.net Char Code: 1878
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Probe All-Star Match & All-Star Requirements

Post by wawmoose » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:45 pm

I have a bad feeling the only thing this game happening will end up doing is people arguing about who should and shouldn't be allowed to play in it.
If 9 people (owners + commish) couldn't agree on a probe league rule, you think the community will be able to? Cya.
RIP Flyers
poopeybutt
Battle.net Name: cowsmoke
Battle.net Char Code: 1234
Battle.net Server: KR

Post by poopeybutt » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:21 pm

wawmoose wrote:I have a bad feeling the only thing this game happening will end up doing is people arguing about who should and shouldn't be allowed to play in it.
If 9 people (owners + commish) couldn't agree on a probe league rule, you think the community will be able to? Cya.
With 9 people it is very hard to come to a decision since there are many people at hand. Maybe leave this to dark? :)
I might be on in a week or so...
JMoney
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by JMoney » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:22 pm

Perhaps if this happens during the offseason one of the two, or both all star teams could play against the playoff champion team.
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:26 pm

krazymen wrote:
Blitz wrote:
poopeybutt wrote:
Maybe make ZHPL all star games exclusive to players who have never played a ZHL game. That means ppl like J$ and gigi would not be allowed to play. This would make it more bala and not make it a "slap in the face" to people who are in between the two.
Then the quality of the games is compromised. I'd like to see players like Kwakster/Tenkz/Sleek/Kelvin/Swift etc., and others who have shown up like a lot in probe to improve and produce results,get some solid solid all-star environment-esque games I also don't see a better time to test something like this. End of the season, easily our strongest probe season, why not test a probe all-star series? . It's motivation for these rising stars to continue playing and to hit the next level. @Krazymen : this alone is plenty of reason to host probe all-stars.
I dont think thats its motivation i think the motivation would be better with awards given and the chance to be able to play on a ZHL lineup. When i was probe material there was no probe league so what kept me motivated to play? The chance that one day i'll be able to be on a ZHL starting lineup. I didnt keep playing to have the chance to be in the ZHL all star game. I just want to make sure everyone knows that im not against this idea. I just dont see the point in this idea. It seems like a lot of work determining who would be allowed to play and who wouldnt when we already have so much to work on. If the probe players thinks its a great idea that would motivate them then sure go for it.
Times have changed, and I can tell that you are very connected with your probe squad. Personally Me/Water put a lot of time into our probe squad and I'm sure these now independent players want to compete with the highlest level of play witihin their division. It's like saying that because you are a division 2 school, you're not allowed to go play in a state cup... this is dumb.
#ProbeStarsorRiot

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:46 pm

Again, if the probe players want this sure, but who will be allowed and who wont. What is the difference between probe league all star and normal ZHL starters. ZHL all star is usually the best players that we have in the league. ZHPL all star would be the best players in probe league? But those players are probably ZHL materials. If we have a probe all star would droplets and stealth be playing in it? Or would they be considered ZHL players and not "probe all star players". If you want a probe all star maybe divide the 2 league. Since we have merged league good luck making 2 dfferent all star. We view probe and ZHL as different league but they are both on 1 team. It makes problems when we have to divide them when making things like these. Unless you have a great solution and a good reason for all this work to be done then i dont see the point of it. I still dont see it. Your example would work if we had 1 league or if the leagues would be seperated but in this case it doesnt.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by forumusername » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:21 pm

JMoney wrote:Perhaps if this happens during the offseason one of the two, or both all star teams could play against the playoff champion team.
+1 gr8 idea

gather all the best probes to play against shakuras +_+v (joke)
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation
ZotZ
Battle.net Name: ZotZ
Battle.net Char Code: 406

Post by ZotZ » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:40 pm

pretty easy to know who qualifies as being a probe league player. they have never played in zhl. why does it have to be so complicated :P maybe even have to have won a zhl game before idk..
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:05 pm

ZotZ wrote:pretty easy to know who qualifies as being a probe league player. they have never played in zhl. why does it have to be so complicated :P maybe even have to have won a zhl game before idk..
so jmoney and elder would would not be able to be in? and a whole lot of players that i cant think at the top of my head.
Undefeated in 5v5
poopeybutt
Battle.net Name: cowsmoke
Battle.net Char Code: 1234
Battle.net Server: KR

Post by poopeybutt » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:23 pm

krazymen wrote:Again, if the probe players want this sure, but who will be allowed and who wont. What is the difference between probe league all star and normal ZHL starters. ZHL all star is usually the best players that we have in the league. ZHPL all star would be the best players in probe league? But those players are probably ZHL materials. If we have a probe all star would droplets and stealth be playing in it? Or would they be considered ZHL players and not "probe all star players". If you want a probe all star maybe divide the 2 league. Since we have merged league good luck making 2 dfferent all star. We view probe and ZHL as different league but they are both on 1 team. It makes problems when we have to divide them when making things like these. Unless you have a great solution and a good reason for all this work to be done then i dont see the point of it. I still dont see it. Your example would work if we had 1 league or if the leagues would be seperated but in this case it doesnt.
IMO i do not think people like kwakster and twodeuce are ZHL material. While they have done a great job in probe league, I do not think there is enough space for them to play zhl when there are only 8 teams
I might be on in a week or so...
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:26 pm

poopeybutt wrote:
krazymen wrote:Again, if the probe players want this sure, but who will be allowed and who wont. What is the difference between probe league all star and normal ZHL starters. ZHL all star is usually the best players that we have in the league. ZHPL all star would be the best players in probe league? But those players are probably ZHL materials. If we have a probe all star would droplets and stealth be playing in it? Or would they be considered ZHL players and not "probe all star players". If you want a probe all star maybe divide the 2 league. Since we have merged league good luck making 2 dfferent all star. We view probe and ZHL as different league but they are both on 1 team. It makes problems when we have to divide them when making things like these. Unless you have a great solution and a good reason for all this work to be done then i dont see the point of it. I still dont see it. Your example would work if we had 1 league or if the leagues would be seperated but in this case it doesnt.
IMO i do not think people like kwakster and twodeuce are ZHL material. While they have done a great job in probe league, I do not think there is enough space for them to play zhl when there are only 8 teams
Thats your opinion on 2 players how would you regulate it and what would be the difference between kwakster, twodeuce vs dropslet and stealth.
Undefeated in 5v5