poopeybutt
Battle.net Name: cowsmoke
Battle.net Char Code: 1234
Battle.net Server: KR

Re: Probe All-Star Match & All-Star Requirements

Post by poopeybutt » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:43 pm

krazymen wrote:
poopeybutt wrote:
krazymen wrote:Again, if the probe players want this sure, but who will be allowed and who wont. What is the difference between probe league all star and normal ZHL starters. ZHL all star is usually the best players that we have in the league. ZHPL all star would be the best players in probe league? But those players are probably ZHL materials. If we have a probe all star would droplets and stealth be playing in it? Or would they be considered ZHL players and not "probe all star players". If you want a probe all star maybe divide the 2 league. Since we have merged league good luck making 2 dfferent all star. We view probe and ZHL as different league but they are both on 1 team. It makes problems when we have to divide them when making things like these. Unless you have a great solution and a good reason for all this work to be done then i dont see the point of it. I still dont see it. Your example would work if we had 1 league or if the leagues would be seperated but in this case it doesnt.
IMO i do not think people like kwakster and twodeuce are ZHL material. While they have done a great job in probe league, I do not think there is enough space for them to play zhl when there are only 8 teams
Thats your opinion on 2 players how would you regulate it and what would be the difference between kwakster, twodeuce vs dropslet and stealth.
I think when there are borderline players like stealth it is up to the commish whether or not he should play to give equality to the game. When it comes to droplets, it is just common sense to not let him skate in probe playoffs. There again it lies on the commish to make a decision. I do not understand why we reign back the power of the commish so much. People like dark are capable of making correct decisions for the community under circumstances like that, which is why he was elected in the first place.
I might be on in a week or so...
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249
Battle.net Server: NA

Post by krazymen » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:16 pm

poopeybutt wrote: I think when there are borderline players like stealth it is up to the commish whether or not he should play to give equality to the game. When it comes to droplets, it is just common sense to not let him skate in probe playoffs. There again it lies on the commish to make a decision. I do not understand why we reign back the power of the commish so much. People like dark are capable of making correct decisions for the community under circumstances like that, which is why he was elected in the first place.
The problem is that some people do not feel like it would be fair to have 1 person that is potentially biased towards his team decide on such things. There was a few proposition like having another commish from another team take decisions when the first commish would be involved emotionally in the decision or have someone that is completely impartial towards the league by not playing in it. Either way its still hard to reflect the community's opinion when a very few member take that kind of decision.

Side note : the commish was not elected he got the job because nearly no one else wanted the job.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
Vapour
Battle.net Name: Valour
Battle.net Char Code: 273

Post by Vapour » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:50 pm

He got the job because he excelled at handling the site, and can stay impartial more so than most. If he doesn't know something, he fucking goes and find someone who does.

Fuck probe all stars, its pretty and all but doesn't serve a purpose. You need to account for all the effort that goes into recording these events (stats/videos/stream/twitter/forum pages/more rules).
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: CN

Post by TeeKay » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:29 am

Vapour wrote:Fuck probe all stars, its pretty and all but doesn't serve a purpose. You need to account for all the effort that goes into recording these events (stats/videos/stream/twitter/forum pages/more rules).
I'd argue it serves exactly the same amount of purpose that a ZHL All-Star game serves. Either do both a ZHL & a ZHPL All-Star game OR NO All-Star games at all.
ZotZ
Battle.net Name: ZotZ
Battle.net Char Code: 406

Post by ZotZ » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:03 am

why are people getting angry at this? lol o.O the way i see it is its just another good reason for players of all skill levels to keep doing their best to improve and get credit for it, gives eliminated players a reason to keep playing the game after the season ends and would help future owners by having a recorded example of some of the best probes strengths and weaknesses for next seasons draft.
eligibility is the only grey area and really comes down to how much the community wants to acknowledge new players. people who have played a fair amount of zhl games(not just this season but in their ZH career) and even played on zhl playoff winning teams in the past should probably be left out for obvious reasons. after thinking about this for a while i dont think people who have played in a couple of zhl games this season (but no zhl games before this season) should be left out of the vote simply because those things mostly happen because of attendance problems.
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:14 am

ZotZ wrote:why are people getting angry at this? lol o.O the way i see it is its just another good reason for players of all skill levels to keep doing their best to improve and get credit for it, gives eliminated players a reason to keep playing the game after the season ends and would help future owners by having a recorded example of some of the best probes strengths and weaknesses for next seasons draft.
eligibility is the only grey area and really comes down to how much the community wants to acknowledge new players. people who have played a fair amount of zhl games(not just this season but in their ZH career) and even played on zhl playoff winning teams in the past should probably be left out for obvious reasons. after thinking about this for a while i dont think people who have played in a couple of zhl games this season (but no zhl games before this season) should be left out of the vote simply because those things mostly happen because of attendance problems.
Yea this is what I said, agree 100%

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:19 pm

ZotZ wrote:why are people getting angry at this? lol o.O the way i see it is its just another good reason for players of all skill levels to keep doing their best to improve and get credit for it, gives eliminated players a reason to keep playing the game after the season ends and would help future owners by having a recorded example of some of the best probes strengths and weaknesses for next seasons draft.
First of all, no one is mad here everyone is expressing their opinion on this idea.

Second, probe players' goal shouldnt be to be in a probe all star but to be in ZHL (you dont aspire to be the best probe you aspire to be THE best which means playing in ZHL first). If you improve you will be able to start in ZHL. I think having more awards would be much better than a probe all star. Less work, less rules, more satisfying for the person winning. Eliminated player do have a reason to keep playing the game if they stop playing they will never be ZHL material its as simple as that. The competition between players is fierce and if you stop playing you'll lose your skills. Future owners are active within the community, the best way to have examples is to simply play in houses with them thats why we have prospect days before seasons. An all star game in probe would mean nothing to owners, as an owner in S3 and a player that watched all star games since the beggining as well as particicipated in them I know they mean absolutely nothing about someone's skill.

This idea is simply proposed at a really bad timing, we have a lot to work on and this idea to me sounds useless and requires a lot of work.

What you try to find in ZHL all star is the best players in the community / season, in the ZHPL it would be the best player in probe which are most likely already ZHL starter for the next season which means that ZHPL all star would server no purposes besides having a random recorded serie that is very restricted by rules.

If you want to reward probes find more awards to give them like the awards from ZHL, everyone sees them, everyone votes for them, they usually are accurate and they reflect your whole season performance.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
ZotZ
Battle.net Name: ZotZ
Battle.net Char Code: 406

Post by ZotZ » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:16 pm

"Fuck probe all stars" sounds angry to me. but by all means lets keep acting like spoiled children who are being told to share their favorite toy xD this is something that would benefit the entirety of the community. sorry krazy not everyone aspires to be accepted as a skilled player in the eyes of a small group of elitist gamers. most people play this game to have FUN. no ones goal is to be in the probe all stars its only a way for the community to give something back to the new players who decided to dedicate to the game. SOMETHING FUN ! ( enemies of fun beware )
and if you ask me the rewards thing you are suggesting is pretty lame. i would rather have a vod i could watch and show people rather than a picture of some trophy saying i did something great that people who dont play the game would care nothing about :/ how is making a vote and casting a game or two SOOO much work? this mentality of "probe doesnt matter it shouldnt get anything special" has to go if you want to grow the community...
Cubs
Battle.net Name: Cubs
Battle.net Char Code: 781

Post by Cubs » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:03 pm

Perhaps Probe All-Stars could be something that next season's ZHL owners can use to see how the best of probe plays vs the best, which would be a better gauge of how they play against ZHL players. Since there's no rewards for anything anymore why teh fuq not? You guys worried about casters and all that shit I'll fucking cast lol it's not really that big of a deal.

im the kid thatd jump a kid like you
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457

Post by l)arkangel » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:05 pm

I'll let this play out for another day before trying to see what the consensus is on it and if I should make a poll for it. My initial thoughts are it would be cool for a sort of showmatch of probes best players and would limit it to 2 games played in zhl and no more than 4 gp in zhl in any previous season.

Could make it more for the up and comers as opposed to the fading zhlers
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile