[Must Read] ZHL FAQ (WIP)

Wildfire
Legend
Battle.net Name: WildFire
Battle.net Char Code: 427
Battle.net Server: NA

[Must Read] ZHL FAQ (WIP)

Post by Wildfire » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:44 pm

Welcome to the ZHL Frequently Asked Questions Page!
This topic will include many things that players and owners should know. Deeper explanations of these details can be found in the rules, or you can ask Kyle if you still do not understand and we can update this page to reflect.

[Q] • What is the ZHL?
[A] • The ZHL (short for Zealot Hockey League) is a Zealot Hockey draft league. Owners are in charge of teams and can draft and trade players in order to improve their rosters and their chances of winning.

[Q] • How do I sign up for the league?
[A] • To register for the league:

1. Go to http://battlefy.com/kyle/zealot-hockey- ... 1aca4/info.
2. Click the Sign Up button in the top right of that page.
3. Fill out the form and click the orange Sign up button.
4. Check your email for a validation link to complete registration on the website.
5. Return to http://battlefy.com/kyle/zealot-hockey- ... 1aca4/info and login if you aren’t already.
6. In the navigation panel on the lefthand side, click the orange Join button.
7. Click Free agent.
8. Type in your main account name in the field next to In Game Name.
9. Type in your Battle.net Character Code. This is required, and will be used to handle any player identity disputes.
10. Type in your Alternate Account Name. If you don’t have one, type “N/A.” This is only required if you want to be able to use an Alt. in league games. No unregistered Alt. accounts will be eligible.
11. Type in your Alternate account’s character code. Again, if you don’t have one, type “N/A.”
12. If you’re interested in being an owner, mark the box next to “I want to be a Captain.” If you’re not interested in ownership, leave the box unmarked.
13. Click Submit.

[Q] • How do I become an owner?
[A] • You can apply to be an owner for a team by following the instructions in step 12 listed above. This season’s owners were selected by a panel consisting of the commissioner and owners from Season One still active in the community. The selection process for future seasons will likely be similar. Your chances of selection will be better if you are an active part of the Zealot Hockey community who frequents in-house games and the ZealotHockey.net forums.

[Q] • Where can I find out who is a current ZHL team owner?
[A] • Owners for the current season of ZHL were announced in this thread, as well as on http://zhl.kylemccarley.com.

[Q] • Do I need to be present for the draft in order to be drafted?
[A] • Not at all. As long as you're registered by the draft deadline, you're eligible to be drafted. Only the owners need to be around on draft day to pick their teams.

[Q] • What happens if I don’t get drafted?
[A] • According to the rules set forth by the owners for Season Two, all players who register for the draft prior to the draft deadline will be drafted. Any player who isn't registered in time for the draft will be eligible for free agency when it opens after Week 2 games have concluded.

[Q] • What if I don’t like the team I get drafted to?
[A] • As a player you have rights, you may request to be traded, but an owner doesn’t have to trade you away. You as a player, do not need to play for him and can hold out as extra incentive for the owner to release you or trade you. However, if an owner decides to trade you to another team, you won’t be able to decide which team you’re traded to.

[Q] • Where can I find current rosters, Free Agents, and the schedule?
[A] • All of that information will be available both on the Battlefy portal and on http://zhl.kylemccarley.com. We'll try to remember to keep the forums up-to-date, too.

[Q] • What rights do I have as a player as far as requesting trades?
[A] • Players are allowed to ask to be traded to any team, and may refuse to play as an incentive to force a trade if they so choose. But you cannot choose where can go in a trade, and you may be traded without your permission. Also, keep in mind that trades must be completed before the trade deadline.

[Q] • If I decide to quit the league, will there be consequences?
[A] • If you leave the league before the season’s conclusion, you won’t be eligible to receive any prizes you may have earned. You’ll also hurt your chances of being drafted by a team in future seasons, as owners may not want to risk picking up a player with a history of leaving in the middle of the season. Note this isn't the same thing as having scheduling conflicts; we're not monsters, and we understand that people have lives. This applies to players who either leave without notice, or give notice that says something to the effect of "I quit."

[Q] • What draft format will the league be using?
[A] • The draft will be a random order in a snake format, and the owners have voted to determine what round they must pick themselves in. Details on the draft procedure are available here.

[Q] • When’s the deadline for registration?
[A] • The draft deadline is 24 hours prior to the draft. Specific dates and times have been published here on the forums, this news post, and the Schedule page.

[Q] • When will games take place?
[A] • The full schedule is available at http://zhl.kylemccarley.com/schedule/. There is a provision in the rulebook to allow for rescheduling, but it requires that both teams agree to an alternate time that does not conflict with any other ZHL games. If a game is rescheduled, a notice will be emailed to every player registered on the Battlefy portal, and http://zhl.kylemccarley.com/schedule/ will be updated to reflect the change.

[Q] • What is the process for trades?
[A] • Both owners must contact the commissioner and give him identical specifics for the trade. Immediately after both owners have confirmed the trade with the commissioner, the trade takes effect.

[Q] • Where will trades be announced?
[A] • On this thread and the ZHL website's front page.

[Q] • How do I ask a question that's not on this page?
[A] • Simply reply to this thread, or use the comments box at the bottom of the FAQ page of zhl.kylemccarley.com.
brucecambell
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Re: [Must Read] ZHL FAQ (WIP)

Post by brucecambell » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:02 pm

what rights do i have as a player as far as requesting trades?

Do i have to agree to a length in contract with my owner? In other words is there a contract that i have to agree to and what is the minimum length?

If i RQ from the league, will there be consequences?

Can owners give out signing bonuses to encourage players to stay longer?
Wildfire
Legend

Post by Wildfire » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:23 pm

updated to answer brucy's questions.
Hunter
Battle.net Name: Hunter
Battle.net Char Code: 2379

Post by Hunter » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:22 pm

As an owner can I cut a player and replace them with someone from the free agency? As a player what happens if I get cut.? Is there a penalty for cutting players?
Hunter
Wildfire
Legend

Post by Wildfire » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:27 pm

updated.
DrewDK
Battle.net Name: DrewDK
Battle.net Char Code: 787

Post by DrewDK » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:53 pm

If I miss the draft entirely, does that count as just not being drafted and can enter free agency?
brucecambell
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by brucecambell » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:30 pm

yes
NSIC
Battle.net Name: NSIC
Battle.net Char Code: 318

Post by NSIC » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:33 am

We need a ZHL union! It seems like the rules are made up by the owners with no respect/rights given to players. From what I understand, owners have complete control. I suppose that's one way to run a league if you want the league to be dominated by the bias of 6 people.

I just got released from my team because my coach is on her period.....so much for a contract. Totally kicks me out as if a draft never happened and I would of been stuck as a free agent had I not found a team. Is this really how ZHL should be handled?
Hunter
Battle.net Name: Hunter
Battle.net Char Code: 2379

Post by Hunter » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:36 am

After This Season I will become a player allowing new owners to come in and have he experience, People also have had their share in things too ask to be an owner and wait your turn
Hunter
NSIC
Battle.net Name: NSIC
Battle.net Char Code: 318

Post by NSIC » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:14 am

I don't think it should be about taking turns to have absolute control. I just feel their should be some separation of powers...you know like basic civilization 101 stuff.

At the least owners should not be allowed to release players to the free agent market. They should have an obligation to find a home for all their players drafted under contract.