*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
Genius
Battle.net Name: Genius
Battle.net Char Code: 600
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: [Must Read] ZHL FAQ (WIP)

Post by Genius » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:24 pm

NSIC wrote:I don't think it should be about taking turns to have absolute control. I just feel their should be some separation of powers...you know like basic civilization 101 stuff.

At the least owners should not be allowed to release players to the free agent market. They should have an obligation to find a home for all their players drafted under contract.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way but it's definitely an option we could consider
Hunter
Battle.net Name: Hunter
Battle.net Char Code: 2379

Post by Hunter » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:40 pm

plus if that was the case then no free agent would be able to get drafted because all teams would be full
Hunter
NSIC
Battle.net Name: NSIC
Battle.net Char Code: 318

Post by NSIC » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:12 pm

Then they should remove the team player cap. And use the reduction in total salary available to the team as the disincentive.
Hunter
Battle.net Name: Hunter
Battle.net Char Code: 2379

Post by Hunter » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Could work We Should make the team max 16 , 10 min
Last edited by Hunter on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunter
DrewDK
Battle.net Name: DrewDK
Battle.net Char Code: 787

Post by DrewDK » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:12 pm

Hunter wrote:Could work We Should make the team max 16 , 10 min
Perhaps right now since they're not expanding number of teams, that would help get players in. Especially with a reserve league possibly becoming a thing.

However, one good argument (I haven't seen it, but I know from other small communities) is that it's a 4v4 yes you need subs since it's not a real job, but keeping small roster forces there to be more teams to make the league itself appear bigger. Also, having the draft purposefully be less than your max roster so you draft the best available, and then free-for-all signing free agents.

Doing that will organically allow for contract negotiations to go higher. And like in real life, some players may ignore offers from certain teams if they wish not to play there and rather elsewhere. So for perhaps next season gather full list of players and split into as many teams has 8-12 would fit on, make that number of owners. Then perhaps 6 rounds of draft. Gives you ideally your 4 starters as well as 2 good subs, and fill out with free agency for 2nd-string or b-team league.
NSIC
Battle.net Name: NSIC
Battle.net Char Code: 318

Post by NSIC » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:44 pm

That's a really good idea. That way 66% of the league isn't being benched.
steezysteve
Battle.net Name: steezysteve
Battle.net Char Code: 828

Post by steezysteve » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:33 pm

i think a reason that the rosters are so big is that sometimes people won't be able to make games and if rosters are small their team will have to forfeit and if a lot of teams repeatedly forfeit the league falls apart, kind of like KIF league last year in strikers
If f is a continuous real-valued function on a compact metric space M, then f is bounded on M.
brucecambell
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by brucecambell » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:43 am

steezysteve wrote:i think a reason that the rosters are so big is that sometimes people won't be able to make games and if rosters are small their team will have to forfeit and if a lot of teams repeatedly forfeit the league falls apart, kind of like KIF league last year in strikers
Yes thank you for pointing out that. ..that is the main reason we went with 12
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457

Post by l)arkangel » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:20 am

I'd keep an eye on how many people generally show up and how many starters actually miss games. I think 8-10 players would still be plenty. This would mean you could still field a full team for the game even with a 50%-40% attendance rate by your team respectively. But i do agree with a large number of players on a team to reduce the number of forfeits. I've hosted hero attack tournaments, and that's been the downfall. Taking so long to get matches in tournaments completed because accommodating to 10 peoples schedules is not an easy thing.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile