Discussion About Reschedules

Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713
Battle.net Server: NA

Discussion About Reschedules

Post by Blitz » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:44 pm

Ok so, recently my team got quite shafted by the loophole (and dirtiness of watermelon :shock: ) in the rulebook regarding reschedules. For whatever reason the rulebook allows teams to reject any sort of reschedule. My team requested a reschedule when facing watermelon; however, Water knew that I was busy and wouldn't be able to play ZHL tonight, so he just decided he was going to reject our reschedule so that he could get the free win.

I am wondering what other people's thoughts about this area of the rulebook is. Do you think teams should be allowed to reject another teams request to reschedule a game? I mean what is the point of reschedules if other teams can just reject them? I don't really see the sense of that. I now am learning as I type this (from Swift) that Watermelon's team was also trying to request trades/conditions in exchange for accepting our reschedule, which is the dirtiest thing ever lol.

I want everyone's honest opinions about this matter, please. If you want to bm me go ahead, but make a point related to my topic with it. MODSdon't touch my fucking thread. Am I posting this because I'm kinda salty this happened? Absolutely. Please give me your feedback regarding this "loophole", and if you think it should be changed or not.

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: CN

Re: Discussion About Reschedules

Post by TeeKay » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:55 pm

Looks like that Water + Blitz coaching option is going away quick
Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164

Post by Marker » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:56 pm

Cry more cutie pie. Do pro teams "reschedule" when a player gets injured? And if you're gonna make the money argument, doesn't happen for intramural/amateur games either. Grow the fruits up, and stop taking a game so seriously.

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing
Blitz

Post by Blitz » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:56 pm

TeeKay wrote:Looks like that Water + Blitz coaching option is going away quick
Never.
Marker wrote:Cry more bitch. Do pro teams "reschedule" when a player gets injured? And if you're gonna make the money argument, doesn't happen for intramural/amateur games either. Grow the fuck up and stop taking a game so seriously.
Not sure why you bm me every second you see me these days. Especially considering how many hours I spent coaching you... quite the gratitude I have received from you.

Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164

Post by Marker » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:03 am

Blitz wrote:Not sure why you bm me every second you see me these days. Especially considering how many hours I spent coaching you... quite the gratitude I have received from you.
Because you did a favor for me you feel entitled that I have to suck your lollipops about every point you make? You are raging for 0 reason. If you are so blindsided about it show up to games when they're scheduled first.

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:10 am

I love you blitz. You are a good friend to me. With that being said, why would I risk my own team's attendance by rescheduling to a later date where I don't know if we'll have our lineup? Of course, I wouldn't have to worry as much about attendance if your owner didn't vote to ban Prime from playing the rest of the season (politics'd).

As an owner it's my responsibility to do what's best for my team, and rescheduling was not in the team's best interest.

As you may or may not recall, I also refused several reschedules last season, and other teams refused ours. Of course, come playoff time, we formally requested a playoff reschedule from the commish because the schedule was released very very late and was impossible to plan ahead for, but that is a very different sort of issue.

What I did was in accordance with the rules, not sure why you're calling me dirty.
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
JMoney
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by JMoney » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:39 am

I don't think it's necessarily a loophole, but yes it is dirty. People with the second reschedule of the season have an inherent advantage since they don't need to appease your owner. A team like Zerus had nothing to gain by rescheduling if a) they already played your team or b) they didn't need to trade with your team, so nothing was at risk by burning that bridge for the remainder of the season + potential post season.
Blitz

Post by Blitz » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:18 am

Watermelon wrote:I love you blitz. You are a good friend to me. With that being said, why would I risk my own team's attendance by rescheduling to a later date where I don't know if we'll have our lineup? Of course, I wouldn't have to worry as much about attendance if your owner didn't vote to ban Prime from playing the rest of the season (politics'd).

As an owner it's my responsibility to do what's best for my team, and rescheduling was not in the team's best interest.

As you may or may not recall, I also refused several reschedules last season, and other teams refused ours. Of course, come playoff time, we formally requested a playoff reschedule from the commish because the schedule was released very very late and was impossible to plan ahead for, but that is a very different sort of issue.

What I did was in accordance with the rules, not sure why you're calling me dirty.
None of it was personal, I understand.. no reason to even draw that conclusion; however, if you don't think what you did was dirty then for-shame! I also understand that nothing you did was illegal... I never said that you weren't in compliance with the rules. Also please don't try to pull the "attendance" card, just be honest here. We offered to literally reschedule to any time that would work for you... like any time at all next week/weekend. You just didn't want to have to face me, so you played dirty and rejected the reschedule knowing you could avoid playing me. This will definantly bump you up in the standings, but is it really fair to my team, especially since we've already beaten you twice on west in team-scrimiages (likely suggesting we would have beaten you there... irrelevant).

What is the point of having a reschedule if a team can reject it at free-will? I can tell you that we will be rejecting all reschedules from here on out... until the rule is changed.

krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:18 am

I can agree that the fact that teams can just deny reschedules just removes the purpose of reschedule since technically every team could deny every reschedules.

Now theres 1 main issue that i see if we force team to accept reschedule.

team 1 doesnt need reschedule

team 2 forces team 1 into a reschedule.

team 1 cant find a date where all their players will be online vs team 2 or they find a good time for both teams but in a long time from the original game.

team 1 gets fucked or the game is delayed for very long.

not sure how we could fix both issues.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
Blitz

Post by Blitz » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:57 am

krazymen wrote:I can agree that the fact that teams can just deny reschedules just removes the purpose of reschedule since technically every team could deny every reschedules.

Now theres 1 main issue that i see if we force team to accept reschedule.

team 1 doesnt need reschedule

team 2 forces team 1 into a reschedule.

team 1 cant find a date where all their players will be online vs team 2 or they find a good time for both teams but in a long time from the original game.

team 1 gets fucked or the game is delayed for very long.

not sure how we could fix both issues.
Agreed, well stated.

We already discussed (however to re-discuss for others) that in theory, if a team isn't in a favorable position (let's say one of your players is going out of town for 2 weeks...) and another team wants to reschedule then the opposing team is going to get fucked over... however in theory the opposing has 3 reschedules of their own which should have similar effects, so it should be balanced. Also there should be no time limit (within say a month) of when the reschedule has to be played.

Option 2: Leave this loophole in the rulebook, but add a penalty section... something like: "If a team opts to reject an opposing team's reschedule, then the team who rejected the request will be banned from using their first round player in the scheduled match"...