Discussion About Reschedules

krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Discussion About Reschedules

Post by krazymen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:12 am

In theory it balances it out but some people misses games more often than others so its not really that much more fair than denying reschedules. Option 2 could be ok but something else than the first round not being able to play, I think thats really extreme. I think this gets decided by moose in the end anyways.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
wawmoose
Battle.net Name: WaWMoose
Battle.net Char Code: 1878

Post by wawmoose » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:22 am

Teams have a minimum of 10 players for a reason.
Missing one or two players, even if they're your top 2 picks, should not be reason enough to force reschedules on a team that doesn't want them.
Depth is essential for success in this league, especially this season, since it goes on for almost 3 months. Forcing teams to reschedule to ensure 1 player can show up is ridiculous.
Denying a reschedule already has its downsides, in that when you need a reschedule, you're unlikely to get one, and trading with some teams becomes more difficult.
RIP Flyers
Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164

Post by Marker » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:26 am

wawmoose wrote:Teams have a minimum of 10 players for a reason.
Missing one or two players, even if they're your top 2 picks, should not be reason enough to force reschedules on a team that doesn't want them.
Depth is essential for success in this league, especially this season, since it goes on for almost 3 months. Forcing teams to reschedule to ensure 1 player can show up is ridiculous.
Denying a reschedule already has its downsides, in that when you need a reschedule, you're unlikely to get one, and trading with some teams becomes more difficult.
Fuck you moose, can't you see blitz got screwed over by consequence and now something must change?

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:27 am

krazymen wrote:In theory it balances it out but some people misses games more often than others so its not really that much more fair than denying reschedules. Option 2 could be ok but something else than the first round not being able to play, I think thats really extreme. I think this gets decided by moose in the end anyways.
Agreed, I am not trying to initiate immediate action, I just think it should be addressed before season 6. (don't rush to make changes about this Moose).
wawmoose wrote:Teams have a minimum of 10 players for a reason.
What about the second half of the season where teams finish their second regular season match with a team, trade concerns go out the window. Same goes to the favors of rescheduling for that team. Why even have reschedules if you can deny them?

I do understand the theory of depth, but if you are going to implement a reschedule concept into ZHL, then something should be changed with the current rules surrounding reschedules IMO.

EDIT: Please delete all of Marker's posts. Thanks~

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164

Post by Marker » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:30 am

Blitz wrote:EDIT: Please delete all of Marker's posts. Thanks~
So when you're censored its wrong, but you want me censored. Thanks teammate.

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing
stealthmeh
Battle.net Name: stealth
Battle.net Char Code: 522

Post by stealthmeh » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:57 am

Perhaps give teams like 1 "forced reschedule" per season and 2 "non forced" ones? Or maybe add a rule that if you have used a reschedule this season you have to accept first requested reschedule. And then do not have to accept any more reschedules till you have used your 2nd reschedule. Idk some ideas of a middle ground cause I do think having all 3 reschedules a season being "forced reschedules" would be too much.
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457

Post by l)arkangel » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:54 am

Let the probes play!
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: CN

Post by TeeKay » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:33 am

Lol I like how blitz and water saying it's not personal. It 100% is personal. If the owner is your friend (or even just has respect for you), they will try to reschedule for you. I rescheduled for water's team last season knowing that if I didn't reschedule blitz wouldn't have been able to play. It's really about owners being respectable and being friends w each other enough to ask their team for times to reschedule and the want to play/beat a team at their full strength. I know I'm going to get backlash from you two but look at the situation, you know I'm being truthful.
Kurt_58
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kurt
Battle.net Char Code: 638

Post by Kurt_58 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:08 am

Loop-hole? Really? Reschedules are intended to be an agreed upon mechanic in the league. Otherwise we'd have ppl intentionally rescheduling to times that other people couldn't make (everyone reschedule to midnight when playing bulb or ling, ez bedtime'd). Then we'd probably have people rescheduling the reschedule and that's a pretty horrendous idea. With team depth at about 10-15 players this season, someone has to step up, especially when only 1 starter is missing lol. That's just sports.
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:46 pm

TeeKay wrote:Lol I like how blitz and water saying it's not personal. It 100% is personal. If the owner is your friend (or even just has respect for you), they will try to reschedule for you. I rescheduled for water's team last season knowing that if I didn't reschedule blitz wouldn't have been able to play. It's really about owners being respectable and being friends w each other enough to ask their team for times to reschedule and the want to play/beat a team at their full strength. I know I'm going to get backlash from you two but look at the situation, you know I'm being truthful.
? I have nothing against Water... I was just hanging out with him in TS late last night and playing heroes. Water didn't do anything illegal, just quite dirty. He abused a loophole in the system. All of your talk about "respect" is the wrong perspective about how most people respect others. I respect Water on the ice (a lot) and as a good friend. As an owner he plays dirty... But that's just sports. Nothing disrespectful there.

The real problem lies in the rulebook here. Obviously you can argue that the rules are fine and water is just dirty owner, but I disagree. Why is nobody explaining to me what the purpose of reschedules is when teams can just reject all reschedules? Why even have them? You can bet that if you want to reschedule against Flyers from now on, you can forget it.
Kurt_58 wrote:Loop-hole? Really? Reschedules are intended to be an agreed upon mechanic in the league. Otherwise we'd have ppl intentionally rescheduling to times that other people couldn't make (everyone reschedule to midnight when playing bulb or ling, ez bedtime'd). Then we'd probably have people rescheduling the reschedule and that's a pretty horrendous idea. With team depth at about 10-15 players this season, someone has to step up, especially when only 1 starter is missing lol. That's just sports.
Pretty narrow-minded approach you got there. You're just saying that the rulebook is fine and there is no issue, because probe players should fill in. Again what is the point of even having s reschedule then? Shouldn't just remove the option to remake at that point.

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556