Discussion About Reschedules

TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: CN

Re: Discussion About Reschedules

Post by TeeKay » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:58 pm

It's not a loophole. If water had respect for you he would have searched for a time to reschedule. The remake system is based almost entirely around owners respecting owners by helping each other out.

You make it sound like remakes are impossible because the other owner will just reject them for own gain. Tom rescheduled for Rush because Tom's a good dude and respects Rush enough to ask his team and reschedule accordingly. It's just a shady move by Water to not Atleast try to find a time (if that is indeed what happened), but it's not against the rules and is not a loophole.
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457
Battle.net Server: NA

Post by l)arkangel » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:02 pm

Well considering there's been more than a handful or reschedules so far this season, I'd say that they've served their purpose for the majority of the time. My guess the reason most of these were accepted is because of the reasons TK and Moose mentioned (don't want to fuck over potential reschedules that your own team will need in the future and/or the urge to play vs the opposing team when they're at full force). That being said, second half of the season, there is less incentive to accept a reschedule request, since playoff contentions and lack of future reg season games vs that team are on the owners' minds.

Now that we've cleared up that reschedules are less likely to be accepted in the second half of the season, is that really such a horrible league breaking thing? It means you might have to play some of your backups a bit more often (show your teams depth). If your team has good attendance, though, this will rarely be an issue (attendance is a question specifically asked in the sign-up form).

No team has ever had 100% perfect attendance throughout the course of a season. So playing without the planned starting 4 at some point in time is destined to happen, especially during summer. I don't think we need to jump on the reschedule system for your reasons blitzerg. Coordinating teams in the summer can be especially difficult due to vacations/etc, so water may simply not have wanted to deal with that hassle which is rather understandable.

As for no limit on when games can be rescheduled to, i'm strongly against that. I've done tournaments with open schedules (teams get to determine a time to play between themselves) and it's a clusterfuck that usually takes weeks to resolve. Having games postponed for long periods of times can result in a team not even caring about the reschedule (they've realized they're knocked out of playoffs), finding an alternative isn't easy to find (lots of west players on one team and a bedtime'd player can't play after 10pm est on weekdays and/or players consistently aren't available on weekends due to summer vacas). etc etc. That's my reasoning for being against open ended reschedules.

Personally, I never was a huge fan of reschedules, but the way they've ended up (owners have choice to reject) I think it ended in a good place. In all honesty, if your team doesn't have good attendance and/or good backups and that is the reason why a team doesn't make the playoffs, then I'd blame it more on the aforementioned reasons rather than the reschedule system.

Now if Water was using trades in the negotiations for a reschedule then that's trolly, lulzy and the only potentially dirty thing done here.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
Cubs
Battle.net Name: Cubs
Battle.net Char Code: 781

Post by Cubs » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:08 pm

A team should never be forced to reschedule. In the end, the whole league is about winning. It doesn't really matter if you want to be nice or not, everyone wants to win. You want to tell me otherwise I call bullshit. Perhaps not rescheduling because a star player won't be there is "dirty" or a "cheap win". But it's one game. Will the Flyers be eliminated from the playoffs over this one game? No. The schedule has been the same since the beginning of the season. You've had plenty of opportunity to change your schedule to make the game, which I know, might be very difficult in some situations. But if you don't, so what, it's regular season. There's so much talent in the league when a star is missing it's good for the borderline players who get to show that they can play in the ZHL and improve trade marketability or draft stock for future seasons. One loss because one owner didn't want to reschedule and jeopardize his team's ability to win shouldn't change the system.

im the kid thatd jump a kid like you
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:13 pm

TK is right, it's personal. Not with Blitzerg though. It's personal with all of my teammates. As an owner, it is unfair to my teammates if I decide to put our team in a worse situation because of my own personal relationships. We owners are not just a group of elitists sitting in the luxury box together, trading favors and sharing drinks. We are counted on by 12+ human beings to do what's best for our respective teams in every situation.

I have always made what I believe to be the best decisions for my team, in accordance with the rules, and will continue to do so until the job description of owner is changed from "try to win both leagues" to "try to make every player and their dog feel really really good about the season".
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Server: CN

Post by TeeKay » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:38 pm

Watermelon wrote:TK is right, it's personal. Not with Blitzerg though. It's personal with all of my teammates. As an owner, it is unfair to my teammates if I decide to put our team in a worse situation because of my own personal relationships. We owners are not just a group of elitists sitting in the luxury box together, trading favors and sharing drinks. We are counted on by 12+ human beings to do what's best for our respective teams in every situation.

I have always made what I believe to be the best decisions for my team, in accordance with the rules, and will continue to do so until the job description of owner is changed from "try to win both leagues" to "try to make every player and their dog feel really really good about the season".
Great speech politician. I don't buy that your team couldn't have made it on a different day and some that couldn't have made it on the original day might actually benefitted from it being moved. But yes I get that you will do anything to win games including not rescheduling when others need it while at the same time requesting reschedules from other owners.
JMoney
Battle.net Name:

Post by JMoney » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:43 pm

Gotta be very careful with your reschedules when you have 50% attendance Art on your team. I imagine Sleek and Vapour's teams would do the same thing!