Action and Reaction

Counter_This
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Action and Reaction

Post by Counter_This » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:28 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am writing this post on the basis of expansion of the ZHL. I have been getting hate messages from several members of the ZHL community about bitchwalking but why are we not looking at the reasons why a team would use it.

First, let's take a look at the beginning of the season where we expanded to ten teams in order to build the league. With the expansion of teams in the league the current player pool dissolved in quality in regards to each team. This means that each player filling their role is more important to be there for every game in order for that team to have success.

Second, rules established for S5 eligibility to play in ZHL. Some rules are great, some not so much. The one I'd like to point out is banning people who have personal issues outside of ZH that get punished for taking care of those issues. The League decides to ban a 4th rounder thus reducing a team by one position. What did the league owners do? They decided unanimously to not allow this player back into the league. Why, you may ask so that they themselves are doing the best for their team by reducing the competition of another team.

^Analysis of the above action
Let's say that each position within the top 4 drafted holds a value of 22% each and the 5th rounder holds 12% which totals 100%(woah math, hold on to your ass). 100% - 22%(4th rounder)= 78% of a team remaining. Now this 5th rounder has to step it up and play the 4th rounder's position. Already you have 78% of your drafted potential able to play. Now what if one of those 4 players doesn't show. 78%-12% or 78-22% = 66% and 56% respectively. Now I'm not sure if you kids pay attention in school much but both of those grades are failing.

Here is where I tie in the title(oh my, flow)
Actions taken by the league make the league fragile. The larger something is the harder it may fall. One team now with 78% of their ZHL caliber personnel may not be playing the role they were drafted for. This causes people to not want to play. This 5th rounder now does not show up because they aren't getting to do what they enjoy. Now this team is down two players making their ability to compete at 66% of another ZHL team. That says enough in itself if you can understand percentages.

My question is, why are we banning people and causing people to leave the Zealot Hockey League for reasons outside of the Zealot Hockey community? These persons, due to a few absences to manage life events are now not playing Zealot Hockey. What are the chances that the rest of the team continues to play?

Final Points
If we are trying to encourage growth within the community why are we giving reasons for players to leave the community. The community should accept that it's players have lives outside of Zealot Hockey and should be understanding of these situations.

Now please understand that none of these calculations have even mentioned Probe League and Probe League is what builds up ZHL with it's player base. How can we expect Probe players to continue in this league when they see how the league can completely disassemble their team?

Please only respond if you're trying to fix the scenario and have intelligence to better the league.
Last edited by Counter_This on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurt_58
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kurt
Battle.net Char Code: 638

Re: Action and Reaction

Post by Kurt_58 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:41 pm

Cmon Swift, you should know better than to put a wall of text in a post and not put a tl;dr version.
RusH
Battle.net Name:

Post by RusH » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:42 pm

TL;DR Image
JMoney
Battle.net Name:

Post by JMoney » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:44 pm

krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:46 pm

Heres how I see it.

First of all, ZHL is not zealot hocker's community. Getting kicked from ZHL doesnt mean getting kicked out of the community.

Second, if you have real life issues, its not the league's problem but your problem. You have to deal with your issues, dont join ZHL if you dont have the time to play in it in the first place.

Finally, a team owner should always make sure that his drafted players will be available. That is not an easy task to do cuz shit happens. As for the owners thats the commish responsibility, if a player on the team is not happy with his current position, its the owners responsibility to either keep him happy or trade him for someone else.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
Counter_This
Battle.net Name:

Post by Counter_This » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:01 pm

Finally, a team owner should always make sure that his drafted players will be available. That is not an easy task to do cuz shit happens. As for the owners thats the commish responsibility, if a player on the team is not happy with his current position, its the owners responsibility to either keep him happy or trade him for someone else.[/quote]

Obviously a team owner would like to play every player in their preferred position, but when the league removes a position from the team(which has just been expanded and that position has less roles) somebody won't be playing what they wanted. If the League would have been faster acting in the first place then we would still have the trade deadline to be able to trade away the player who isn't showing up. Oh wait, this decision wasn't made till 2 days before the FA draft and 1 week before the Trade Deadline.
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:10 pm

Was that really the league's doing? or rather the player's issue coming in at the wrong time
Undefeated in 5v5
Counter_This
Battle.net Name:

Post by Counter_This » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:24 pm

I didn't know a person could predict the future on when shit will hit the fan in their life. If you're a psychic please let me know!
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:00 am

The point is, the league cant have exceptions for that kind of thing. We're playing a video game real life issues happens. The person has to deal with them not the league. That sucks for that specific team but this issue only affects the owners, regular players are not getting kicked from the league. That rule was made because it was being abused in the past.
Undefeated in 5v5
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Server: CN

Post by TeeKay » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:47 am

I love how your post never talks down to people and never resorts to using parentheses to not so subtly call into question the reader's intelligence, presumably to make you look gr8.

Swift: cede is not a word