Action and Reaction

Illusion
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:59 pm
Battle.net Name: Illusion
Battle.net Char Code: 813
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Action and Reaction

Post by Illusion » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:07 pm

for me, i basically just went along with what the majority of the owners wanted and just called it a day in our owners meeting before the season started. this rule should probably be taken out based on the situation. If an owner leaves a team, has no one who wants to take over ownership, and basically just lets them go down in ruin then i understand the banning rule. If someone has a legitimate reason that they need to take care of and someone on their team is willing/wants to take over the ownership, then banning them doesn't really make much sense.
Last edited by Illusion on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
daggius
Posts: 442
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:53 am
Battle.net Name: daggius
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Action and Reaction

Post by daggius » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Who was banned and why? At least post some sources and backstory if you're gonna go on a worthless diatribe, so we can fact check you.
Counter_This wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am writing this post on the basis of expansion of the ZHL. I have been getting hate messages from several members of the ZHL community about bitchwalking but why are we not looking at the reasons why a team would use it.

First, let's take a look at the beginning of the season where we expanded to ten teams in order to build the league. With the expansion of teams in the league the current player pool dissolved in quality in regards to each team. This means that each player filling their role is more important to be there for every game in order for that team to have success.

Second, rules established for S5 eligibility to play in ZHL. Some rules are great, some not so much. The one I'd like to point out is banning people who have personal issues outside of ZH that get punished for taking care of those issues. The League decides to ban a 4th rounder thus reducing a team by one position. What did the league owners do? They decided unanimously to not allow this player back into the league. Why, you may ask so that they themselves are doing the best for their team by reducing the competition of another team.

^Analysis of the above action
Let's say that each position within the top 4 drafted holds a value of 22% each and the 5th rounder holds 12% which totals 100%(woah math, hold on to your ass). 100% - 22%(4th rounder)= 78% of a team remaining. Now this 5th rounder has to step it up and play the 4th rounder's position. Already you have 78% of your drafted potential able to play. Now what if one of those 4 players doesn't show. 78%-12% or 78-22% = 66% and 56% respectively. Now I'm not sure if you kids pay attention in school much but both of those grades are failing.

Here is where I tie in the title(oh my, flow)
Actions taken by the league make the league fragile. The larger something is the harder it may fall. One team now with 78% of their ZHL caliber personnel may not be playing the role they were drafted for. This causes people to not want to play. This 5th rounder now does not show up because they aren't getting to do what they enjoy. Now this team is down two players making their ability to compete at 66% of another ZHL team. That says enough in itself if you can understand percentages.

My question is, why are we banning people and causing people to leave the Zealot Hockey League for reasons outside of the Zealot Hockey community? These persons, due to a few absences to manage life events are now not playing Zealot Hockey. What are the chances that the rest of the team continues to play?

Final Points
If we are trying to encourage growth within the community why are we giving reasons for players to leave the community. The community should accept that it's players have lives outside of Zealot Hockey and should be understanding of these situations.

Now please understand that none of these calculations have even mentioned Probe League and Probe League is what builds up ZHL with it's player base. How can we expect Probe players to continue in this league when they see how the league can completely disassemble their team?

Please only respond if you're trying to fix the scenario and have intelligence to better the league.
Illusion
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:59 pm
Battle.net Name: Illusion
Battle.net Char Code: 813
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Action and Reaction

Post by Illusion » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:43 pm

oh daggius, he is talking about me and the majority of the community knows about it and the back story xD
User avatar
forumusername
Posts: 721
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:40 am
Battle.net Name: kwakster
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Action and Reaction

Post by forumusername » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:13 pm

There is no reason to get rid of the ownership resignation rule. Resigning ownership should be the last resort an owner takes to give up on ZHL and therefore given the worst punishment, a ban from the season. There are ways to get around passing ownership powers to another player without resigning ownership and Prime should've known. The onus should be on owners to know what they can and cannot do, which means knowing the rules of the season, the responsibilities as an owner, AND knowing whether or not they can fully dedicate their time to a ZHL team.

All in all, I do believe Prime should still be allowed back into his ZHL team, despite all that happened. It's a bit upsetting knowing that Prime and TinyTerran shares the same punishment even though TinyTerran made a much greater offense. Prime was not able fully dedicate his time but didn't want to ruin his team so he let Watermelon deal with Redlings business, while TinyTerran straight up quit because he's a little bitchboy turd that didn't give a shit.
Image
Image
[+] ruckLUL
Image

LF mediation
User avatar
Cubs
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:59 pm
Battle.net Name: Cubs
Battle.net Char Code: 781
Battle.net Server: NA
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Action and Reaction

Post by Cubs » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:28 pm

forumusername wrote:All in all, I do believe Prime should still be allowed back into his ZHL team, despite all that happened. It's a bit upsetting knowing that Prime and TinyTerran shares the same punishment even though TinyTerran made a much greater offense. Prime was not able fully dedicate his time but didn't want to ruin his team so he let Watermelon deal with Redlings business, while TinyTerran straight up quit...
This.

Perhaps in the future, it becomes a decision between the LMs and the commish, where if the owner still resigns there will be punishment, but the punishment can be heavier/lighter depending on the reasoning. I wouldn't include the owners because if Prime is banned, which he was, it becomes much easier for other owners to win, and the owners will most likely vote to that so that they increase their odds of winning, which is understandable, but might not help out the league in the long run, as now the Redlings are forfeiting the rest of the ZHL season. Of course, there's always the possibility of bias from the LMs and the commish, but because these individuals were trusted with a much higher power, it SHOULD be less likely than with the owners.
Image

im the kid thatd jump a kid like you
Illusion
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:59 pm
Battle.net Name: Illusion
Battle.net Char Code: 813
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Action and Reaction

Post by Illusion » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:07 am

moose/lm's/owners. let me play so that we dont need to forfeit the rest of the season. without water showing up to half the games most of u will be able to beat us regardless. let there be an exception. it is not good for the community or the league to have a team just be deleted from competition.
User avatar
Ranchinator
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:44 pm
Battle.net Name: Ranchinator
Battle.net Char Code: 131
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Action and Reaction

Post by Ranchinator » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:20 am

Illusion wrote:moose/lm's/owners. let me play so that we dont need to forfeit the rest of the season. without water showing up to half the games most of u will be able to beat us regardless. let there be an exception. it is not good for the community or the league to have a team just be deleted from competition.
You say this.. but Moose already force the Redstone Reapers to forfeit the rest of their ZHL games... This was done without the Owner, Zach, knowing, or the next person in charge, which was me, knowing. He just did it willingly by himself.

He didnt give us a choice of if we want to play at all..


EDIT: I just checked all the rules and there is nothing that says that a Commish is allowed to force a team to forfeit the rest of their games just because they forfeited 1 or 2 games due to inactivity. Therefore we should still technically be allowed to play in all our games.

I even said in the forum thread that Blitzerg made.. We would have played in the ZHL game if we had enough people to play.. We only had 3 people online and 1 person that was AFK. 2/3 of the people online were New Probe players...
Best Captain S5, Best Sportsmanship S5.
User avatar
wawmoose
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:27 pm
Battle.net Name: WaWMoose
Battle.net Char Code: 1878
Battle.net Server: NA
Location: Canada ofc

Re: Action and Reaction

Post by wawmoose » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:20 am

Ranchinator wrote:
Illusion wrote:moose/lm's/owners. let me play so that we dont need to forfeit the rest of the season. without water showing up to half the games most of u will be able to beat us regardless. let there be an exception. it is not good for the community or the league to have a team just be deleted from competition.
You say this.. but Moose already force the Redstone Reapers to forfeit the rest of their ZHL games... This was done without the Owner, Zach, knowing, or the next person in charge, which was me, knowing. He just did it willingly by himself.

He didnt give us a choice of if we want to play at all..


EDIT: I just checked all the rules and there is nothing that says that a Commish is allowed to force a team to forfeit the rest of their games just because they forfeited 1 or 2 games due to inactivity. Therefore we should still technically be allowed to play in all our games.

I even said in the forum thread that Blitzerg made.. We would have played in the ZHL game if we had enough people to play.. We only had 3 people online and 1 person that was AFK. 2/3 of the people online were New Probe players...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh No
No I did not. This never happened.

It is about to happen as I finally have some about the team. But it still won't happen unless you/your team want to do it.

Let me be very clear:
Redlings leadership and players approached me and suggested the idea, to which at this point I see no acceptable alternative.

I've failed to contact Zach about a possible plug pull on the Reapers as well, which is why nothing happened with them. I did just learn that Zach's internet was cut, so plan is to talk to remainder of team to discuss possible forfeit/other solutions if you have them.

I have no idea how you think I forced Reapers to forfeit season, because it never happened, not with any team for that matter.
RIP Flyers
User avatar
krazymen
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:10 pm
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Action and Reaction

Post by krazymen » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:39 am

I dont want to be that guy but I did say that 10 teams was not a great idea.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
User avatar
Blitz
Posts: 1001
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:34 pm
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Action and Reaction

Post by Blitz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:32 am

krazymen wrote:I dont want to be that guy but I did say that 10 teams was not a great idea.
Blitz wrote: Overall I support 10 teams, but be prepared to have a backup plan if 10 teams doesn't work out... which is a high probability in this situation.
I tried my best to warn everyone, but I was hounded by J$ and TK unfortunately. Shame really. Maybe next season we will revert to 8 teams.
Image

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
Locked