Action and Reaction

l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Action and Reaction

Post by l)arkangel » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:07 am

Please, 10 teams isn't the reason for forfeiting teams. That's horribly speculative. As a former aiur storm and new folsom renegade, shit happens. people lose games, people get frustrated, people lose interest. i mean seriously, how many overtimes did reapers have early on in the season? 3/4 of the first game? shit happens, teams lose. It's just to the players to not be pissy about it and continue to play instead of RageCritting out of league (i honestly feel bad for zach, i think his team had a lot of potential on east, but between near misses early on in the season and bad internet, things went south).

Don't pin this on 10 team league. that's literally the most irrelevant thing you could mention. Shit teams have existed since season 1. It's up to the team to drudge on even though they know they don't win much. #AiurStorms #NewFolsomRenegades #Water'sFirstInquisition #CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDAS

please nerds.

inb4 i sound like daggius.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:05 am

I'm not posting here to blame anyone for anything, but for the people who read this thread and are confused, here is a chronological order of events factoring into Zerus forfeiting ZHL:

1. Prime drafts a team under the assumption that he will play goalie in ZHL on both servers.

2. Prime has major IRL problems resulting in him being unable to maintain ownership responsibilities.

3. Prime goes to Moose with the idea of transferring ownership to Watermelon, but unfortunately Moose does not inform him of the "GM" option where he could give Water trade and reschedule powers without relinquishing ownership. Prime remains under the impression that the only way to relinquish any ownership responsibilities is to get banned, so he reluctantly does so.

4. After several games of reluctantly playing goalie, Hatestabkill goes MIA without a word to the team.

5. Fall classes start and Watermelon has to swap courses around; he ends up with many classes that will conflict with most future ZHL games (night classes op). He will be missing ~75% of the remaining regular season and at least half of any playoff series.

6. Art refuses to play if Watermelon can't, and would rather quit.

7. This leaves Zerus with a single player from the top 5 rounds, Swift, who would be playing in the remainder of ZHL games. With only 3 active probes, Zerus would be calling up all 3 of them every ZHL match, likely resulting in losses in both ZHL and ZHPL for the remainder of the season. It would also render at least one of their probes with eligibility issues for probeoffs.

Whether you like it or not, the factors explained above are why Zerus had no choice but to forfeit ZHL for the remainder of the season.
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: CN

Post by TeeKay » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:48 am

Blitz wrote:
krazymen wrote:I dont want to be that guy but I did say that 10 teams was not a great idea.
Blitz wrote: Overall I support 10 teams, but be prepared to have a backup plan if 10 teams doesn't work out... which is a high probability in this situation.
I tried my best to warn everyone, but I was hounded by J$ and TK unfortunately. Shame really. Maybe next season we will revert to 8 teams.
There were two jokes of teams in S4, cudas and Folsom. Two in S3, shakuras and TCT. Two in S2. 1 in S1 (though arguably 2 thanks to Genius). There is also 2 jokes of teams in S5, reapers and Zerus, and Zerus only because of water having to leave. But 2/10 is still a better ratio than 2/8.
Tenkz
Battle.net Name: Tenkz

Post by Tenkz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:01 am

TeeKay wrote:
Blitz wrote:
krazymen wrote:I dont want to be that guy but I did say that 10 teams was not a great idea.
Blitz wrote: Overall I support 10 teams, but be prepared to have a backup plan if 10 teams doesn't work out... which is a high probability in this situation.
I tried my best to warn everyone, but I was hounded by J$ and TK unfortunately. Shame really. Maybe next season we will revert to 8 teams.
There were two jokes of teams in S4, cudas and Folsom. Two in S3, shakuras and TCT. Two in S2. 1 in S1 (though arguably 2 thanks to Genius). There is also 2 jokes of teams in S5, reapers and Zerus, and Zerus only because of water having to leave. But 2/10 is still a better ratio than 2/8.
10 Teams isn't a problem.. Let me do a little analysis here.

Zerus Redlings
Watermelon - Cannot play due to scheduling.
Swift - Last remaining ZHL player.
Undertaker - Seemingly reliable probe
Art - Quitting without water
BacKFisCh - EU player, can't really log on at 3 AM
BuddyBob - who?
eNVy - very rarely online
hatestabkill - quitting because he has to goalie
Mofowh - reliable probe
NSIC - acquired in a 2 for 1 trade, hasn't shown up
RaRRaR - reliable probe
Spruance - rarely online
TimeMuffin - rarely online
Xapos - never? online

Redstone Reapers
ZachSmack - Very reliable, still has heart despite being winless this season. Internet ded?
Levi - 2nd round goalie.. quitting due to this and/or because they're eliminated from playoffs
Ranchinator - Reliable, trying to do what he can
gigidapopper - rarely online
aSfSteve - reliable probe
chexmix - 50/50 attendance
Critt - rarely online, never plays outside of ZHL
Demosthenes - reliable probe for the most part
Firebreather - rarely online
FretfulAnimL - rarely online.. still reliable it seems?
Galaxy Jam - 50/50
Jw0ng - 50/50
Royal - who is this
Teroh - better than kwakster, still not quite 3rd round material.. very rarely online
TwoDeuce - 50/50 attendance
Wizard - who

Both teams struggle from real-life problems as well as some drafting errors. This can't be blamed on the fact that there's 10 teams.
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Server: CN

Post by TeeKay » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:09 am

Tenkz wrote:
Royal - who is this
K I lol'd.

But tenkz is right, Yetis have had to sit probes basically every game because we've had too high of attendance (sometimes 11-12 on) and I believe only 1 game we've even used a ZHL switch. You can take risks on some picks but you also need to draft for attendance as well. Zach especially took way too many 33% attendance, high skilled players and it's backfired.
Tenkz
Battle.net Name: Tenkz

Post by Tenkz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:12 am

TeeKay wrote:
Tenkz wrote:
Royal - who is this
K I lol'd.
Wtf who is it seriously moose won't tell me.. he claims it isn't a smurf
ProfessorX
Battle.net Name: ProfessorX
Battle.net Char Code: 1530

Post by ProfessorX » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:58 pm

There is only one obvious solution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disaster_draft

We will now combine the deceased into a ZHL Frankenstein team, henceforth known as the Redstone RIPlings.

Good luck to everyone.
daggius
Battle.net Name: daggius

Post by daggius » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:24 pm

Why would you forfeit games? just man up and play with the guys you have. other teams do it all the time. Every zhl roster has like 18 people on it anyways for the purpose of such needed depth. and reschedule any games u can.. renegades played the majority of their season without their 1,2,3 picks..

these excuses r weak and demonstrate the weakness of character of u scrub ass shitlords

DAGGIUS OUT
daggius
Battle.net Name: daggius

Post by daggius » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:29 pm

also the solution to shithead owners (Prime, TinyTerran, etc.) is pretty simple

You require a deposit to be made at the beginning of season when someone is made an owner. 50$. Maybe more. If someone decides to bogey out half way into the season, they don't get their deposit back; it goes to the oval rink fund for improvement of ZH. Rest of the owners get their deposits back at end of season. Then you only get serious owners signing up who are gonna stick around and do their shit for the whole season and not fuck the whole thing over.
Kurt_58
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kurt
Battle.net Char Code: 638

Post by Kurt_58 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:54 pm

$50 seems a bit extreme. But that might not be a bad idea. You might be onto something there.