Action and Reaction

Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Action and Reaction

Post by Watermelon » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:05 pm

daggius wrote:also the solution to shithead owners (Prime, TinyTerran, etc.) is pretty simple
Prime was not a bad owner. He was unexpectedly thrusted into a very toxic IRL situation that completely screwed him on a daily basis, and took a month to resolve. If he was made aware that it was possible to give me temporary GM powers without getting banned, he would've been fine to do so, and would be back and active again (after the issue got resolved, he's been online every day, and on for every single Zerus game). Unfortunately when Prime went to Moose about his situation, he was not informed of this option, and believed his only option was to get himself banned.

If you're going to blame any single person for Zerus' failure this season, blame me. I was pushing for Prime to relinquish ownership (because there were trades that needed to be made) without knowing that he would be banned for it.
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
Teroh
Legend
Battle.net Name: Teroh
Battle.net Char Code: 773

Post by Teroh » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:18 pm

Watermelon wrote:If he was made aware that it was possible to give me temporary GM powers without getting banned, he would've been fine to do so, and would be back and active again (after the issue got resolved, he's been online every day, and on for every single Zerus game). Unfortunately when Prime went to Moose about his situation, he was not informed of this option, and believed his only option was to get himself banned.
Blaming Moose so heavily doesn't seem right here, it was also Prime's responsibility to know the rules of the league. It has been well established since S2 that GM can take over if the owner goes MIA. See: Rush and Anglefire, S2 Yetis.
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:24 pm

Teroh wrote:
Watermelon wrote:If he was made aware that it was possible to give me temporary GM powers without getting banned, he would've been fine to do so, and would be back and active again (after the issue got resolved, he's been online every day, and on for every single Zerus game). Unfortunately when Prime went to Moose about his situation, he was not informed of this option, and believed his only option was to get himself banned.
Blaming Moose so heavily doesn't seem right here, it was also Prime's responsibility to know the rules of the league. It has been well established since S2 that GM can take over if the owner goes MIA. See: Rush and Anglefire, S2 Yetis.
I'm not blaming Moose, I'm just explaining what happened.
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:42 pm

10 teams not being the reason?

Lets look at your arguments. You are mostly saying that the issue is not the 10 teams and that every season there has been 2 teams that were not up to the challenge. Lets look as to why they were not up to the challenge.

Season 4: mostly bad owners drafting
Season 3 : first rounder missing for the whole season
Season 2 : inactive players (and waters team STILL made the playoffs)
Season 1 : incredibly unbalanced seasons nearly no team could compete with the top 2

Season 5? the drafting wasnt looking bad at all i'd also say that there is more than 2 teams not doing well obviously we have 2 teams that are FORFEITING every game (this has never happened ever before)

redlings are actually very high in standings, they are winning more games when prime isnt there, however they are now having inactives players which FORCES THEM to not be able to play zhl. Folsom has had issues ever since their owner rage quit, freeze has had issues since the start of the league as well. The reapers were doing fine until they started having inactive players.

10 teams means players spread more thin, sure we had more sign ups this season but we also had a shit ton of people saying "I wont make 50% of the game, I wont be available at all fro x to x " then you add the real life issues that you cant predit and it adds even more stress on teams. What that means is that when you are missing your top players and some probe, you are forced to put your bottom end in ZHL and that will never work ever. Towards, the end of the season you will not even be able to do that since you want to keep those players for probe. You end up being FORCED to forfeit. In no other season was a team forced to forfeit so many of their ZHL games.

You guys wanted 10 teams in order for more people to play but you forgot that the additional sign ups were mostly very new people joining the league. We could probably have 10 teams for probe but we could not have 10 for ZHL. The skill cap for teams this seasons (in my opinion) was much lower than other season. 10 teams causes every team to "miss" that key part that makes a ZHL team really strong (strong defender, strong offense, strong goalie). Sure in other season some teams didnt have that, but this season every team is missing 1 key part of a solid team.

Lets imagine we had 8 ZHL teams this season, the competition between the bottom and the top teams wouldnt be so far away at all. It would be 1 or 2 games instead of 10 games. Teams would not be forfeiting because they are missing players. HSK would probably be playing skater instead of goalie.

Lets not forget that in other seasons there was ZHL players in the free agent draft and this season there was nearly no good skater able to play in zhl and very little goalies. Zack never gave up on his season, his team could have been winning games much earlier but unfortunately people started missing (LIKE EVERY SEASON BEFORE).

His team is still willing to play ZHL they simply cant because they dont have players.

10 teams may not be the principal reasons that made them forfeit, however it definitely affected them a a lot.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:09 pm

On a side note, having 2 leagues connected to each other on 1 team (probe and zhl being on the same team) fucks so many things. Eligibility for probe playoffs, drafting players after the first 4 rounds, do I want probe or do I want back ups, forfeit in 1 league but not in the other, big trades to reinforce different league for both teams, different rules for each league, numbers of players available for each league, play time for each players, numbers of teams for each league must be the same ...
Undefeated in 5v5
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457

Post by l)arkangel » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:09 pm

make a new thread for 8 teams vs 10 teams krazy.

edit: make a new thread for your "i told you 10 teams was too many" rant.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:17 pm

I already did that last season, more people was in favor for 10 teams so we got 10 teams.
Undefeated in 5v5
stealthmeh
Battle.net Name: stealth
Battle.net Char Code: 522

Post by stealthmeh » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:54 pm

1. Go back to 8 teams.
2. Don't make owners draft them self next season.
3. Default new owners to general manager for first 2 weeks after an owner resigns so if that person returns they still have option to play.
Tenkz
Battle.net Name: Tenkz
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by Tenkz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:30 pm

stealthmeh wrote: 2. Don't make owners draft them self next season.
Why this? I don't think that'd be helpful for league balance, and it would be impossible to find 8-10 players close in skill level willing to captain.
stealthmeh
Battle.net Name: stealth
Battle.net Char Code: 522

Post by stealthmeh » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:34 pm

Tenkz wrote:
stealthmeh wrote: 2. Don't make owners draft them self next season.
Why this? I don't think that'd be helpful for league balance, and it would be impossible to find 8-10 players close in skill level willing to captain.
Owners werent required to draft them self any season before this one. Just mentioned it cause I would only owner again next season if i wasnt required to draft my self.