[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation
Sir
Battle.net Name: Sir
Battle.net Char Code: 1206
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: NA Play-Offs Thread

Post by Sir » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:22 pm

wawmoose wrote:I'd argue that a huge part of Slide's win is his clutch performance in the finals, which is the most important part of the play-offs.

Regardless the vote is popular and can be influenced by many random factors. So. Cya.
I did better than him in the finals, as pointed out in my post. Is there something about his finals performance that you feel stands out enough to warrant selecting him over the person who put up better numbers despite playing on the losing team? And obviously I know that it's largely a popularity contest, but that hardly changes my motivations here. I'm not asking for the reward to be revoked or anything, lol. I just want to let people know the facts so they can formulate a better opinion.

JMoney wrote:I don't think anyone would say the Snowmen were a stronger team until they won it today.

As the fourth seed team, Kaldir also played tougher competition than the Warthogs. Kaldir's path was 5th, 2nd and 1st seed teams. Korhal was 10th, 6th, and 4th.
You're contradicting yourself. If seeding were representative of a team's strength then Korhal would have won. You can't simultaneously say that Korhal played easier teams and then acknowledge that a supposedly easier team won finals. I mean, look at ZHL lol. The 3rd and 4th seed are in finals, both beating higher seeded teams who had server advantage.

So, considering that seeding is not entirely indicative of a team's ability, there's a number of things that a reasonable person would see that show that Kaldir were the stronger lineup despite being seeded lower. First and foremost, they won. Secondly, seeding is determined largely by attendance over the course of a full season. For instance, we had Dinkleberg for most of the season but not for our last two playoffs series. Thirdly, seeding is not affected much by the free agent draft whereas playoffs definitely are. Obviously, slide had a rather profound effect on his team's strength but since he generally wasn't around until playoffs this wouldn't show in seeding.

Anyways, the point of this post is not to blame my team. I'm very proud of my team being able to reach the finals. I'm only making these points to show I am more worthy of playoffs MVP than slide.
DerrocK
Battle.net Name: Junky
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by DerrocK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:26 pm

nono, slide truly elite and worthy of MVP, huge #respectslide for wrecking faces on west
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EUS2 Regular Season W, Commish, AllStar
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
DaGOAT ZHCL Rings: 2
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster
Immortals on ice Rings: 3
EUS8 W

Narcissism at its best
LittleDicky
Battle.net Name: LittleDicky
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by LittleDicky » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:36 pm

Sir, just let it slide Image
Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164

Post by Marker » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Blitz wrote:Lmao welcome to ZH kid. Check my seasons stats and then see the award show tomorrow. Most awards are heavily biased on who people like better. Don't take things personally. It's all in good fun. Things like ZH3k are the real deal, that's where you prove yourself.
Look at my sa and alls sa, then riemers sa, clearly gur was the best defender this season.

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:53 pm

Marker wrote:
Blitz wrote:Lmao welcome to ZH kid. Check my seasons stats and then see the award show tomorrow. Most awards are heavily biased on who people like better. Don't take things personally. It's all in good fun. Things like ZH3k are the real deal, that's where you prove yourself.
Look at my sa and alls sa, then riemers sa, clearly gur was the best defender this season.
3 people are factored into that stat. Compare the other 2 people on opposing sides and it makes sense. I am just trying to tell Sir that just because you have better stats, doesn't mean the community is going to jump behind you and say you did better. You're not convincing anyone here, soz frnd Sir. If my season's stats aren't a good enough example for you, then check my playoffs games. I had crown in 4/4 the games, and my team lost 3 games. That doesn't mean that everyone in the community will say that I was the best player of the entire series. I would just
LittleDicky wrote:Sir, just let it slide Image

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
Kurt_58
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kurt
Battle.net Char Code: 638

Post by Kurt_58 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:34 pm

LittleDicky wrote:Sir, just let it slide Image
I see what you did there buddy ;)
JMoney
Battle.net Name:

Post by JMoney » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:07 pm

Sir wrote: You're contradicting yourself. If seeding were representative of a team's strength then Korhal would have won. You can't simultaneously say that Korhal played easier teams and then acknowledge that a supposedly easier team won finals. I mean, look at ZHL lol. The 3rd and 4th seed are in finals, both beating higher seeded teams who had server advantage.

So, considering that seeding is not entirely indicative of a team's ability, there's a number of things that a reasonable person would see that show that Kaldir were the stronger lineup despite being seeded lower. First and foremost, they won. Secondly, seeding is determined largely by attendance over the course of a full season. For instance, we had Dinkleberg for most of the season but not for our last two playoffs series. Thirdly, seeding is not affected much by the free agent draft whereas playoffs definitely are. Obviously, slide had a rather profound effect on his team's strength but since he generally wasn't around until playoffs this wouldn't show in seeding.

Anyways, the point of this post is not to blame my team. I'm very proud of my team being able to reach the finals. I'm only making these points to show I am more worthy of playoffs MVP than slide.
I'm not contradicting myself at all. Upsets happen, that's why the playoffs are played. Going into the series, your team was 100% considered the favorite. Kaldir proved they were the best team, but not many people would pick them as the best going into this match up.

It's not an opinion Korhal played easier teams leading up to the finals, it's a fact. Thats the point of first seed.I never said an easier team won finals.

Just as standings don't tell the whole story, stats don't tell the whole story either. Yes 38 is a bigger number than 30, but you also farmed 16 points off of a team that had kwakster goalie as the player with the highest pts on his team.
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:23 pm

Never expect anything from popular vote.

The season my team won ZHL (s4), we went 9-1 (the 1 loss being game 1 of the finals in shootout), and I had 40 points (4 PPG).

Got these stats by quickly skimming through our Youtube videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LQzMzS ... 0O_zHxmucF - thanks ProfX <3).

Yet, for the first and only time in ZHL history, they decided to not even hold a vote for Playoff MVP. You can see the empty slot on the awards page. LOL.

http://www.zealothockey.net/season-4/zhl4-awards/

S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster

Post by forumusername » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:09 pm

season 4*, gkwakster best goalie NA, sir #1 player