TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: CN

Re: Season 6 Changes

Post by TeeKay » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:33 am

wawmoose wrote:

EDIT: for upcoming season, if an owner does not cooperate with me, they can expect me to refuse to play some games. It's my only right as a player and I'm willing to use it. Didn't do it in S5 cuz Vap is mah nigguh.
This is where a voluntary opt in feature could help. You could sign off your rights to goalie and will be drafted in appropriate spot
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:

Re: "Opt In" Lock

Post by TeeKay » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:34 am

Teroh wrote:
TeeKay wrote:Maybe we can create an "opt in" rule where certain players can "opt in" to be being locked to their weaker position voluntarily to be more fairly drafted at the position that they want to play at the expense of not being able to go back on that decision. It could help people like bulb who might want to goalie be drafted at a more appropriate spot for goalie (late 3rd) instead of having to skate if he's drafted mid 2nd.
I could get behind a rule like that. Everyone would be free to play any position, unless you decide to lock yourself into a certain position. The biggest issue with this would be getting all the players to edit their signup to reflect this, if we add a column for lock-in.
Well it's voluntary so people could update their sign up if they want, and if not nothing's different than normal.
wawmoose
Battle.net Name: WaWMoose
Battle.net Char Code: 1878
Battle.net Server: NA

Post by wawmoose » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:59 am

TeeKay wrote:
wawmoose wrote:

EDIT: for upcoming season, if an owner does not cooperate with me, they can expect me to refuse to play some games. It's my only right as a player and I'm willing to use it. Didn't do it in S5 cuz Vap is mah nigguh.
This is where a voluntary opt in feature could help. You could sign off your rights to goalie and will be drafted in appropriate spot
So it's changeable at any time? So I sign up as skater, opt in as skater, get picked 10th round, then change my sign up right after the draft to opt out and now I can goalie.
It's basically a shittier system of talking to your owner, where you "talk" to the league as a whole.
RIP Flyers
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:

Post by TeeKay » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:37 am

wawmoose wrote:
TeeKay wrote:
wawmoose wrote:
So it's changeable at any time? So I sign up as skater, opt in as skater, get picked 10th round, then change my sign up right after the draft to opt out and now I can goalie.
It's basically a shittier system of talking to your owner, where you "talk" to the league as a whole.
Huh? Lay off the hard liquor guy. registrations are locked before draft happens (usually day before). You did that as commissioner too...
wawmoose

Post by wawmoose » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:45 am

TeeKay wrote:
wawmoose wrote:
TeeKay wrote:
Huh? Lay off the hard liquor guy. registrations are locked before draft happens (usually day before). You did that as commissioner too...
-What would happen to players like me who are willing to play a certain position in specific times (i.e. playoffs)?? I'd have to either be locked to the other position; or I'd have to to not opt in and....wait for it.....TALK TO MY OWNER about it anyway. Pointless rule imo, and unnecessary restriction on players. - Moose 2015
RIP Flyers
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:53 am

TeeKay wrote:
wawmoose wrote:
TeeKay wrote:

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:

Post by TeeKay » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 am

wawmoose wrote:
TeeKay wrote:
wawmoose wrote:
-What would happen to players like me who are willing to play a certain position in specific times (i.e. playoffs)?? I'd have to either be locked to the other position; or I'd have to to not opt in and....wait for it.....TALK TO MY OWNER about it anyway. Pointless rule imo, and unnecessary restriction on players. - Moose 2015
It wouldn't be a mandatory rule... it's a voluntary (binding) opt in. If you are not serious about switching then this doesn't apply to you. Have fun getting drafted as a goalie again though.
wawmoose

Post by wawmoose » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:02 am

TeeKay wrote:
wawmoose wrote:
TeeKay wrote:
It wouldn't be a mandatory rule... it's a voluntary (binding) opt in. If you are not serious about switching then this doesn't apply to you. Have fun getting drafted as a goalie again though.
I'm gonna go ahead and predict that 0 players actually affected by role restrictions will use it then. I see 0 reason for anyone to restrict themselves when they don't have to lol.
RIP Flyers
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:17 am

wawmoose wrote:
I think the issue is that you're kind of spinning your situation into something that isn't true. You weren't going around telling everyone "Hey I'm gonna be a huge team player this season! I'm going to do whatever position the team requires of me!" In fact if I remember your signup note it was something along the lines of..."IM SKATING THIS SEASON DRAFT AT OWN RISK"... So the issue has nothing to do with anything that you're talking about. The issue is with people like yourself (in season 5) when you lowered your draft value to the fifth round by telling people you were skating.

By allowing people to lock themselves into a position a lot of this can be eliminated I think it's a solid idea TK.

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
wawmoose

Post by wawmoose » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:40 am

Blitz wrote:
wawmoose wrote:
I think the issue is that you're kind of spinning your situation into something that isn't true. You weren't going around telling everyone "Hey I'm gonna be a huge team player this season! I'm going to do whatever position the team requires of me!" In fact if I remember your signup note it was something along the lines of..."IM SKATING THIS SEASON DRAFT AT OWN RISK"... So the issue has nothing to do with anything that you're talking about. The issue is with people like yourself (in season 5) when you lowered your draft value to the fifth round by telling people you were skating.

By allowing people to lock themselves into a position a lot of this can be eliminated I think it's a solid idea TK.
ur memories of season 5 are .... so off.
1. I was drafted 1st in the 4th round - i think unanimously everyone agrees I went on time or too early.
2. I really did want to skate, which is why I only goalied regular season when halo was away (twice only)
3. If any owner talked to me before the draft; I would of told them the same thing. I would've only goalied for owners who cooperated with me; which Vap did.

My entire point is, owners should talk to players like me who like switching roles, and assess their own situations. We had 0 problems with positions in season 5, don't fix it if it aint broke.
RIP Flyers