Big league restructure proposal

krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249
Battle.net Server: NA

Big league restructure proposal

Post by krazymen » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:27 am

Ill post things by subject so that it is easier to follow and reply to.

Please if you have feedback let me know below here or by pm.

ESPECIALLY if you disagree with me i'd love to talk about it in pm (because it would be too long to talk about it here)

All the numbers here and the rules proposed are not set in stones everything can be changed to fit the season length, and needs. The commish should set the specifics.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
krazymen

Re: Big league restructure proposal

Post by krazymen » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:27 am

Important league restructure :

We have to scrap a lot of rules that overcomplicates the game. No one wants to come back after school or work to a chore. They want to come back and have fun in a competitive fashion.
This will revitalise the league and will greatly increase the player participation in my opinion.

Not enough people sign up for owner, and a lot of people dislike it.

Fixing the number of player signing up as owner:

Owner incentive: We need a way to make being an owner exciting, I still havent found a good way to do that so far considering having an ingame thing will be hard since the devs would have to do it. I thought maybe something on the main ZH screen since a lot of people could do that but it might not be a great idea. Either way this point is very important and we need to find something ASAP.
Undefeated in 5v5
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:28 am

A big thing I found is that owners have to manage 12+ players team I believe it puts a lot of stress on 1 person. No ones gonna blame a captain if a team does bad, everyone will blame the owner. Captains wont solve “bad owners” theres been a lot of bad owners, saying “dont worry if something bad happens they have captains to help them out” is a complete bandaid.

Fixing the owner issue :(this will also help fix the afks issue)
Probe and ZHL teams: seperate the 2 lineups

Pick ZHL owners, these owners will pick 6 players to be on their ZHL lineup, that will be their team and they will manage those players.

Those ZHL owners will also pick 1 ZHPL owner for their team, that ZHPL owner will draft the rest of the players for the team and will manage those players.

This improves the owner “conditions” and will also help us grow the “good owner” pool. Each owner will also be encouraged to name captains for their teams but wont be forced to. Probe owners would be kind of a step before the ZHL owner title. It would also be kind of a big brother program having the ZHL owner help the ZHPL owner (hopefully we can get already experienced owner for the ZHL owner position)
Undefeated in 5v5
krazymen

When I was a past owner I found the trading system extremely irritating, first of all every owner is paranoid at the fact that a team will trade his ZHL players for ZHPL players and end up being very controversial trades. A trade shouldnt be to boost 2 different team lineup (ZHL boost for a ZHPL boost) but to diversify one lineup (I have a lot of offense but I need a defender ill trade an offense for some defense). Trading would take so long, about a month of talks and it felt like a chore to even try it.

Fixing the trading system issue:(this will also help fix the afks issue)

The ZHPL and ZHL portion of a team will be seperate entities but will still be working together. The ZHL owners will be able to swap players from the ZHL lineup wiht the ZHPL lineups every 2 weeks (or by games) to diversify his lineup or if he feels like he needs to adjust his ZHL team. Have it so you can only swap 1 player at a time to minimise the abuse.

Why each 2 weeks? Because we want a system where players play to achieve a goal to have less afk players, the players in probe league goal should be to get to ZHL and the ZHL player goal should be to become better to not be swaped. Competition within the competition.

With this we will also be able to remove all the unecesary ZHPL rules that overcomplicates things. We will have to tweak things a little bit if there is not enough people playing but I think we can work something out with LM and commish having exceptions.

Also having the lineups seperated we can inforced an easy rule where you can only trade players that in probe for other probe and the samething for ZHL. (of course we could keep the commish veto in case someone tries to abuse it)
Undefeated in 5v5
krazymen

Owners rounds:

Having other owners decide on their rounds seems like a flawed system. Watermelon said it the best, we dont play for fun we play to win. Instead of having owners vote for other owners, we should have really active people as well as LM and commish vote for the rounds. Commish having the final word if he seems like something is wrong (can call for another vote).

(past issues with kaioken for example voting everyone 1st round, also issues in eu league happened, I talked with their commish and he agreed about that point)
Undefeated in 5v5
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:29 am

Rulings and LM :

Ive been talking about this for a long time, its frustrating for a lot of people to have a rule enforced on them when they were not consulted in the first place. The whole community should be engaged in the rules if they wish to. We need to have the rules discussion publicly in order to help the commisionner and the league managers to get smart decisions faster by having input from a lot of different people.

League managers should be renewed every season, there should be a minimum number of LM required. LM must be active.
Undefeated in 5v5
krazymen

Reschedule issues:
Teams being able to deny reschedules brings in a lot of tactical decisions but can also screw people over and annoy them a lot. When talking to people, some of them didnt like the reschedules and some didnt mind it. I think this is something to look at.
Undefeated in 5v5
krazymen

Remake issues:

Remakes should be used only for laggers not to get new players in. The time rules should be strict and enforced with the new server system theres no reason to miss your time. You cannot change players with a remake. You have 5 minutes to remake the game and to let the lagging player try to fix his issues. If he cant fix his issues you have a few choices either reschedule, ask the other team to allow a player swap or we can have the commish enforce a postpone or something similar to make sure the integrity of the game stays intact. This is also something to look at.
Undefeated in 5v5
Rigensis
Battle.net Name: Rigensis
Battle.net Char Code: 955
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by Rigensis » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:55 am

The Krazymen`s List:
1) Make easier rules.
2) Make an owner position more prestigious.
3) Split Main Team from Probe team and have for each of those teams different owner.
4) Boosting trades.
5) Owner draft pick rounds.
6) #Transparency2015
7) Active league managers.
8) Rescheduling issues
9) Remake issues.
JMoney
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by JMoney » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:01 am

reported for spam

i stand idle while a bunch of bonkers stuff goes on in the league, but I won't accept people artificially inflating their post counts