Big league restructure proposal

krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Big league restructure proposal

Post by krazymen » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:15 pm

Rigensis wrote:1. Stats are up to date for the end of regular season.

3. Well sometimes you don't have time to discuss things because the decision needs to be made quickly.
Sometimes you have an issues which requires understanding what the issue is - like the owner pick values.
Sometimes you have an issue when one of 2 teams involved in that issue would not be happy about any decision made. In EU we have had 2 situations like that.
Sometimes you have an issue requires an investigation - like in smurf cases.
Sometimes you have an idea you want to test - like with moose 5 min rule.
Sometimes you have an issue about which majority of community have no interest in.
Sometimes you need to teach owners how to read rules. Ask Moose. Kappa.
There are many of other cases, I guess.

First thing there tho is that there are league managers and team owners who can directly express their concerns about things.
Second is that it is not forbidden to start a discussion about any issue you think community should talk and discuss.
Third thing is that Commissioners and League managers are only humans - there are so many things to worry about - following and trying to figure out what each of community`s members thinks would add more time to the commissioner work. And it takes huge dedication and lot of time to be a commissioner. I know that commissioners talk with team managers and other people who can provide good analysis of situation - I know I have, Junky has done that, Moose have done that - plus there always a possibility to get veto`d - like in that trade get veto`d by commish and then his veto was revoked.
Fourth - Commissioners are personalities too - and they have their views on things - no matter of amount of discussions - they might still go with what they think is the best - like I did in clan league not ditching a team with bad attendance from the league and in season 1 of eu draft league ditching a team with bad attendance but in a different circumstances.
And in the end - Commissioners are responsible to make sure that league is successful. If he/she choose to have a large scale forum discussion then it is his/her choice, if not - then again it is his/her choice.

4. To give you a taste how current Owner pick values are currently (well at least - previous seasons) determined.
http://www.zealothockey.net/forum/viewt ... 5&start=21
http://www.zealothockey.net/forum/viewt ... =46&t=1145
Also, LMs and The commissioner votes have bigger impact.
It is not simple owners vote for each others pick value.
So RIP Transparency; tho this is democracy - you find it irritating that the procedure how owner values are picked is not made public - if you find people who share the same desire to see that - you will probably get an answer.

Also - in the rule section of forum he posted his team and stated that he is looking for more. So it is stated and posted.

6. And what if that person who lags can't fix it? 4v3? If that would be the case then people would want to use benches.

Aaaaaanyway, Krazymen, your idea about splitting probe/main team might be implemented in future if you manage to explain it and provide with rules to it. That might be implemented in next season - not in this.

(By the way - in EU Clan league some teams had a farm club - where they could send a player to lower league team or take one of players, and currently in Clan Ladder same principle is used.)

About other things - it is not enough to say
"We need a way to make being an owner exciting, I still havent found a good way to do that"
"Fixing the trading system issue:(this will also help fix the afks issue"
"I dont have a perfect way to "fix" it right now"
"Maybe, reward the team that wasnt missing players by giving them a 1 or 2 goal advantage during the rematch."
"I do think we need something better for remakes and reschedule."
You need to have a solid suggestion how things can be made better.
This thread should not be called "big league restructure proposal" - but rather - "Krazymen`s views on league issues and his suggestions" Kappa.

That is it for me. Please don't report me for spam.
1. You are taking 1 example and stopping there. A lot of the people are annoyed during probe league times "THIS PLAYER SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO PLAY WHY CAN HE PLAY" "can we play that player please were shothanded" theres also the "that bitch team remade just to get their late player in" or " theyll just delay the game for 15 minutes to maybe get their late player in" exploits in my eyes that could be fixed. A lot of these rules are bandaid to prevent having a team playing shorthanded but theres bandaid rules for bandaid rules. We could reduce the amount of rules for that.

3. I still dont understand what your point is, maybe you dont understand what I mean. The commish will always have the final word no matter what. It takes literally 10 minutes to write up something on the forums. Issues that already has a rule for them doesnt need to be asked to the community you just apply the rule. Other issues will not take 10 minutes to fix (at least it has never been before). Issues regarding smurfs can be quite faster with the community, you are not online 24/7 but the community is. Testing will be required for every solution you come up with, thats just a normal process it doesnt change anything. The interest of the community has no effect on this either, its a guide, when I post thread i dont expect the community to be involved I just hope they will post feedback to build on the ideas, that wont change the end result. The goal is not to convince the commish to take another decision, the goal is to provide the commish with the best ideas possible so that he can take the best decision. The commish is not here to make friends hes here to take fair decisions, everything someone somewhere will not be happy that doesnt change anything. Again, to make sure its clear, its not about making a pool and making sure everyone express their feeling. Its about getting feedback to improve the decision taken which will shorten the testing time or the exploits. Making a post on the forums takes no time but its also very hard to make one when you are not aware that something is happening. The goal is not to change someone's view but to provide them ideas that they might not have thought out alone.

4. Rig, I was an owner before I know how it works and i also read that thread before. The issue that i see is that the owner has an impact even if its a small one. Now you can tell me that it most cases it works, but you dont want soemthing that "works 90% of the time everytime" you want something that you cant exploit, that is exploitable. This is also a reason but i recommend more LM, to have more votes. The minimum number of LM should change depending on the number of Owners. Again, how do we know that is up to date, why can he be looking for more when the owners round are already out? I mean unless he'll have some people not vote but isnt that agaisnt the rules? Either way, few people actively look at the rule section to see if something was updated, its easier for everyone to post it on the forums since that list should be updated every season.

6. That is currently the bad side of things which needs a "bandaid" rule that you do not like which is the commish would have power to postpone a game. I also dont like it, it could be abused and put a lot of stress on the commish. However, I do think we need new rules for remakes and reschedules because a lot of issues comes out from that. Delaying a game a lot longer just to get 1 person that was late in was not the intended use of the remake rule. Screwing another team over by not accepting a reschedule was also not the intended use of the rule but it is an interesting aspect to it.

Now this is where point 3 comes in, sure I could try to come up with everything by myself but it would suck ass. Thats why i provide the base ideas and propose it to the community to gather feedback for the commish to decide on this. I NEVER WANTED THIS TO BE IMPLEMENTED THIS SEASON LIKE I SAID IN THE OTHER POST THIS IS FOR FUTURE SEASONS.
I found ways to make owners exciting, I just think they are not viable.
The trading system issue would be fixed not sure why you said that, what would be the problem?
That is the bandaid rule i dont like but i cant come up with anything better for the meantime, I hope someone will have a better idea.
The main restructure is seperating probe and ZHL, that is the core idea of the concept and that is a "huge restructure" and thats exactly why i said and you also said that it wont be implemented this season, its simply impossible to do its too big of a change.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:17 pm

l)arkangel wrote:Owners incentives: each owner buys in at $10 (if you're too young, steal your mom's credit card). Owner of tassadar cup champions gets $60. Runner up to tassadar cup gets $20. Winner of artanis cup gets $20. (assuming a 10 team league)
Its an interesting idea that came up a few times, but its hard to tell if it would make more people sign up or less people sign up. Maybe we could create a in game currency instead of real money, and have some kind of reward for that or whatever.
Undefeated in 5v5
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:18 pm

Counter_This wrote:I like the suggested changes. This works similarly as NHL to AHL everyone has a "farm" team. My few suggested changes are...

Amount of ZHL drafted rounds should be 5 instead of 6.

Need to find a way to get people to sign up for probe owners.
People would pick what type of owner they want to be, if they are not picked as ZHL owner they could be probe owners if they wanted to.

Why reduce to 5?
Undefeated in 5v5
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:18 pm

DerrocK wrote:
Rigensis wrote: About other things - it is not enough to say
"We need a way to make being an owner exciting, I still havent found a good way to do that"
"Fixing the trading system issue:(this will also help fix the afks issue"
"I dont have a perfect way to "fix" it right now"
"Maybe, reward the team that wasnt missing players by giving them a 1 or 2 goal advantage during the rematch."
"I do think we need something better for remakes and reschedule."
You need to have a solid suggestion how things can be made better.
This thread should not be called "big league restructure proposal" - but rather - "Krazymen`s views on league issues and his suggestions" Kappa.

That is it for me. Please don't report me for spam.
ofc it is not enough rig, that is why he is posting this and asking for feedback and discussion of some of the ideas, fixes etc
+1
Undefeated in 5v5
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:19 pm

hwcubs2012 wrote:The only incentive that people should need is to win.... Much cooler to create the team that wins rather than just be on it
You would think so but its unfortunately not enough right now since we dont have enough people signing up as owner.
Undefeated in 5v5
Cubs
Battle.net Name: Cubs
Battle.net Char Code: 781

Post by Cubs » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:29 pm

We have plenty of people signed up for owner, you underestimate the Cubs' of the world

im the kid thatd jump a kid like you
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:37 pm

hwcubs2012 wrote:We have plenty of people signed up for owner, you underestimate the Cubs' of the world
What i was answered when I said there was an issue with the owners was "theres so many people that sign up for owner, we cant do miracles" that was from a LM.

Not the original quote, its approximately what was said to me.
Undefeated in 5v5
daggius
Battle.net Name: daggius
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by daggius » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:31 pm

I THINK that after 6 seasons of doing the same thing it would be fun to try something different. Instead of drafting new teams every season we have a Promotion/Relegation system like the Barclays Premier league. And we use a Salary cap system.
Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164

Post by Marker » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:06 pm

Is there a character limit, because if there isn't this double and triple posting is giving me cancer.

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing
JMoney
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by JMoney » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:09 pm

I think if we're looking at restructuring the business side of things, we should also make some minor tweaks to the in-game play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7mekhFTrXM