Yoda
Battle.net Name: Yoda
Battle.net Char Code: 2605
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: ZHPL snubs

Post by Yoda » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:24 pm

Blitz wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Watermelon wrote:Nova and yoda have virtually the same stats (except nova has more points) but yoda got more votes.
I don't think we should look at the stats when you compare defenders, because blocking a pass/shot and clearing the puck in front of the crease aren't showing in stats.
yea it is, that is a pickup.
Only looking at the pickups's stats isn't enough to judge between defenders, I think you need to look at the games to see who has done the best defensive work, because stats doesn't tell you enough. I can't take critisism seriously when people only give stats as a proof of someone's skills when there is a lot of plays, that aren't shown in stats...
“Judge me by my size, do you?”
Tenkz
Battle.net Name: Tenkz
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by Tenkz » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Yoda wrote:
Blitz wrote:
Yoda wrote:
I don't think we should look at the stats when you compare defenders, because blocking a pass/shot and clearing the puck in front of the crease aren't showing in stats.
Only looking at the pickups's stats isn't enough to judge between defenders, I think you need to look at the games to see who has done the best defensive work, because stats doesn't tell you enough. I can't take critisism seriously when people only give stats as a proof of someone's skills when there is a lot of plays, that aren't shown in stats...
yoda.. u da best ... dont let these haters try to bring you down
Cafca
Battle.net Name: Rhonas

Post by Cafca » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:49 am

McDonalds just called. They just said this topic is too salty
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:08 am

Yoda wrote:
Blitz wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Why are you presuming that stats are the only thing I look at when formulating an opinion? It's quite the opposite actually, I was merely using different stat comparisons as quick examples.
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
Yoda
Battle.net Name: Yoda
Battle.net Char Code: 2605

Post by Yoda » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:11 pm

Watermelon wrote:Why are you presuming that stats are the only thing I look at when formulating an opinion? It's quite the opposite actually, I was merely using different stat comparisons as quick examples.
I premused that because in your post you only talked about stats, it's fine if you don't only base it on stats, but judging from your post, it looked like you were only giving stats reference to base your points. I never said I disagreed with your comment, I simply gave my opinion about how we should look at skills of different players.
“Judge me by my size, do you?”
derpina
Battle.net Name: derpina

Post by derpina » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:03 pm

Cafca wrote:McDonalds just called. They just said this topic is too salty
Scrubbest of the scrub pubs
:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:34 pm

Yoda wrote:
Watermelon wrote:Why are you presuming that stats are the only thing I look at when formulating an opinion? It's quite the opposite actually, I was merely using different stat comparisons as quick examples.
I premused that because in your post you only talked about stats, it's fine if you don't only base it on stats, but judging from your post, it looked like you were only giving stats reference to base your points. I never said I disagreed with your comment, I simply gave my opinion about how we should look at skills of different players.
No worries frnd, I don't only look at stats.
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
Spartan670
Battle.net Name: Bruce

Post by Spartan670 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:22 am

When I first heard about probe stars, I assumed that the two captains would be given a pool of players instead of having them pick anybody on the probe roster. nothing against them they did what was necessary to get points.
Vapour
Battle.net Name: Valour
Battle.net Char Code: 273

Post by Vapour » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:10 pm

A pool of players should've been voted in similar to the all star players, since the captains tend to hold a bias. It would also reward the probes if the public thought they stood out during the season.
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:17 pm

Vapour wrote:A pool of players should've been voted in similar to the all star players, since the captains tend to hold a bias. It would also reward the probes if the public thought they stood out during the season.
I tried to get this to happen but you know...

EDIT: P.S. The most important thing for probes to have is the balance between perfect attendance and skill, not just European players who play 2 games and are good on EU. Junky/Tits would be acceptable but Slide ripped off some probes.

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556